Gates of the Second City: Random Chatter

The OOC Forums for the Second City game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Gates of the Second City: Random Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:21 pm

Image Twenty five years ago, Rokugan fought a terrible battle against an invading gaijin army known as the Destroyers. Although the noble samurai of the Emerald Empire were victorious, the conflict was devastating beyond all others, and the lands of the Great Clans were left in ruins by the fighting. To spare her people the threat of further war, war which would surely lead to the death of an Empire, the Divine Empress sued for peace with the forces of darkness, and then dispatched her vassals to claim the empty lands left behind in the wake of the Destroyers.

A generation later, the untimely death of a prominent magistrate in Rokugan suddenly elevates a group of simple samurai to a position of authority, but the magistrate’s unfinished business sends them to the Second City to see it to completion. There, influential samurai from the Empire have almost limitless potential, but the distractions from duty are numerous.

In the Second City, will honor prove stronger than steel?

Welcome to my Second City L5R Game! This thread is for all that random chatter that goes on during the start up of a game, and for later on when we don't know where to put it. Right now I'm looking for a role call, who is going to play and all that. This is not my first L5R game as most of you know, but this is my first time running an L5R campaign from a pre-published campaign. I've used some of the one offs from time to time worked into my own things, so I hope it will help me stream line things, and remove some of the work for me for stats and various bits and pieces.

Anyone who has played in Hayabua's Second City game you can expect a different game, and this is in no way tied into any of the previous L5R games held here on the site. We are using 4th Edition, if you don't have it, get it, or get a hold of me we might have some books to share around the table.

This campaign is going to be fairly player driven, you'll need to be motivated to explore, take initiative, and have some ambition. Characters that are insular, with no drive, or deep obligations will have some trouble here. I will make a thread for Char Gen, and I have some ideas for making background tie together to kick things off in a good way. This is set, 20 years after the Destroyer War.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Gates of the Second City: Random Chatter

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 pm

Well, I sure am up for this. Shared what I have with you, V. :D
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 pm

I'd love to be involved! I haven't made up any character concepts yet, but I'm always game for L5R.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:16 pm

I'm interested:)

Will read through the books first and than work on a character..
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 pm

I have shared character sheets with folks.

Haya I got your sheet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:17 pm

Great!

Also, that bit with the Crane. Okay or not?
I can post the character whenever as well, offering possible story hooks for other PCs.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:00 pm

I think it works well enough Haya. I haven't looked over your sheet yet. I will make a PC profile thread.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:14 pm

There is no uber rush here folks. Muskrat won't be able to join us until the 15th of July, and Aegor just got the books and has some reading to do. So expect this game to take a bit to get going. I also want to do a bit more of some start up stuff, but when PCs are ready I may just kick of small solo threads anyhow just to get the juices flowing.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Yeah, no rush, man. I'm currently a bit on the edge with my stupid job stuff myself that occupies a lot of my off-time.

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

So we have to be from the Crane Clan, right? Scorpion out of the question?
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.