Gates of the Second City: Random Chatter

The OOC Forums for the Second City game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Gates of the Second City: Random Chatter

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:50 pm

I added 4 more for you, Imperial Histories (1 & 2), Sword and Fan, and Secret of the Empire (Minor Clan and Ronin focused)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:24 pm

I've got the Elemental Books. I'll link those to you tonight.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:57 pm

I have been reading the FFG story stuff, pretty good...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Hermit - did you get the Elemental books I linked to you?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Vardaen wrote:I have been reading the FFG story stuff, pretty good...
The Stories on the site itself, the novella's for sale, or both? It's great that FFG has been creating short stories/novella's for such a remarkably dynamic setting, though I must admit I'm unsure which story to start with.

Speaking of FFG's L5R, while I can't say I'm all that fond of 5th Edition's gameplay mechanics, I do think the RPG books themselves are a decent enough read and filled with that magnificent artwork I've come to expect and admire from L5R.
ManWithDoor wrote:Hermit - did you get the Elemental books I linked to you?
I did receive them and have downloaded/added them to my now moderately substantial collection of L5R PDF's. Thank you both for the charitable contributions. I think it's safe to say I've got plenty of reading material to pore over this month and the next.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:28 pm

I've read one of the novellas, I mean to get the other 2. I've been reading the game stuff all along for the most part

If you wanted to read the new stories you can find them here in order top down...
https://imperialadvisor.com/the-l5r-story/

I think these are in order too, with more items from the LCG
https://kazenoshiro63445525.wordpress.c ... santhemum/

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hermit » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:00 pm

Vardaen wrote:I've read one of the novellas, I mean to get the other 2. I've been reading the game stuff all along for the most part

If you wanted to read the new stories you can find them here in order top down...
https://imperialadvisor.com/the-l5r-story/

I think these are in order too, with more items from the LCG
https://kazenoshiro63445525.wordpress.c ... santhemum/
Thanks. I've started reading the short stories in the order of their date of publication. I can't say for sure whether or not the publication dates coincide with the actual chronology of events told by each story, but that's fine. I'm fairly certain I can piece together the sequence of events with enough examination.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:12 pm

Yeah some flash back, some may be slightly out of order but its the best we are going to get.I have to keep reading, stopped part way in.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 am

@Orvost - loved the burial scene, and adding on the avenged parties (the poor Yogo investigator and Doji matchmaker). Excellent call-back to the start of the whole adventure. Really brings the whole thing full circle.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hermit » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:36 am

Agreed, the entire post was a touching tribute to the fallen. Again I really feel guilty that Ginrei was not there as well, whether as another of the valorous slain or still alive to properly conduct the funerary rites as befitting of his station (or at least as properly as one can get given the circumstances). All the more reason to redeem myself whenever the time comes for the next story to be told.