Book 1 - The Longest Night

More than a thousand years ago, the land that is now called the Iron Kingdoms was western Immoren, a mire of warring human city-states. Strong leaders would come and go, but in the chaotic realm then known as the “Thousand Cities” no one could carve out a kingdom for long. Then came the Orgoth, an evil imperial race from beyond the sea that would change the face of western Immoren forever. The way was cleared for the Iron Kingdoms to arise.

Moderator: Scout89

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Book 1 - Act 1: Investigating the Grave Robberies

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:20 pm

Dale looks at the book in an attempt to identify if it is a language he knows.
Since no one has posted yet, I'll edit this post to reflect what Dale knows about the book.
"This is undercommon." Dale says, tapping a finger on the cover. "I am a little rusty, but let's see here. The Book.. Of.. Elas..Elasma. The Book of Elasma." He thinks for a second before continuing, "This book is a popular guide to necromantic rituals. It focuses on bringing back souls and placing them into vessels."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:09 pm

"Alexia was dabbling with necromancy right under my nose?! I can't believe it! Do you think she has the power to bring the dead back to life? Oh, Great Lightbearer! I wish I am terribly wrong, but what if she intends to bring the witches back from the beyond?" Father Dumas shivers at the thought.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:51 pm

Denemere continues to try and read Dumas' reactions, as much as he wants to believe the man is simply ignorant of what all was going on, he has a nagging feeling there is more going on here. Still his faith makes it hard for him to believe one of his order would have anything to do with this sort of thing.

"Where could she have gone? Do you know her friends, new people she recently met, strange places she hangs out? We should try and confront her and find out what really is going on."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:53 am

"No, I have no idea where she could have gone. Yes, she was not her usual self for the past few months. She became more distant, forbid me to enter her room, spent more hours outside than usual. But I thought it was puberty's fault." Father Dumas makes a brief pause. It is clear to Denemere he's being honest. Either that or Dumas is a very good liar to fake all those emotions. "But that doesn't matter right now. If she knows how to raise the dead and bring their souls back, I fear she intends to bring the executed witches back to life. And they might want revenge. Please, go to the Widower's Woods, to the witches tomb, and see if they're still there. I'll look for her around the city while you do. But don't share what you know with the townsfolk. I don't want to cause panic. Please, go!"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:48 pm

"We will go and try and find her. Do you have a map of the woods, so we know where we are going?" He has now completely given into the fact that Dumas is innocent of any wrong doing, save for not pay enough attention to the girl. "We shall find her and return her home. I only hope that only a bit of grave-robbing is her crime and nothing more. For she will have to stand trial for her actions if she's done more than that."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:01 pm

"I don't have a map, but it's not hard to find since it is located in a rock formation, big enough to stick over the trees there. It's the only one in the forest, you can't miss it. Maybe Will has been there already? Hurry, get her back." At the thought of his niece being judged, his face saddens even more as Father Dumas says, "She'll face justice no matter what. Grave robbing is a serious matter here. Now, please, go!"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Estralita
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Estralita » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:11 am

Boruk frowned, but nodded and headed out to leave. They had work to do, it seemed.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:35 pm

"Let us hurry. The more time we waste, the more time there is for Witches to be resurrected." With that, Dale adjusts his hat and follows after Boruk.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 am

Decided to check the witches' tomb and to capture Alexia Ciannor, the group returns to the very place where this adventure started, Widower Woods.
This is the end of Act 1. Please add 200xp to your sheets as a reward for finding out what is going on and who is behind all this.
I'll post the next act later today.
A.K.A. Tvrod.