Book 1 - The Longest Night

More than a thousand years ago, the land that is now called the Iron Kingdoms was western Immoren, a mire of warring human city-states. Strong leaders would come and go, but in the chaotic realm then known as the “Thousand Cities” no one could carve out a kingdom for long. Then came the Orgoth, an evil imperial race from beyond the sea that would change the face of western Immoren forever. The way was cleared for the Iron Kingdoms to arise.

Moderator: Scout89

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Book 1 - Act 1: Investigating the Grave Robberies

Post by Scout89 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:36 pm

"That is grave news! We must inform the city guard immediately. Do you have any clues on who is doing this?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Estralita
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Estralita » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:17 pm

"My only guess is someone connected with the witches" Boruk glanced at his companions, wondering if they had a better idea.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:33 pm

The magistrate thinks for a moment. "I think we executed them all. Unless someone in their families decided to do something. But why wait so many years? This is very strange."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Estralita
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Estralita » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:00 am

Boruk shrugged. "Something magically significant about the date, or the year? I don't know. I'm not an expert on witches"

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:09 pm

"Me neither. I just found and sent them to trial."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:38 pm

"Would you happen to be able to point us to a person who may have known the Witches a bit better? Maybe some family members or acquaintances?" Dale asks.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:10 pm

"What we need is where the witches were first found. Also a full list of the jurors so we can confirm the bodies, and see if anyone is still alive off that list and protect them. Anything you have from then, would be helpful."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:18 pm

AdamDaBomb11 wrote:"Would you happen to be able to point us to a person who may have known the Witches a bit better? Maybe some family members or acquaintances?" Dale asks.
"Well, most of the witches had no families that I know of. But I know for sure two of them did. The widower of Meylith tried to have his revenge on me a couple months later. He was arrested. He died in the prison. No kids. And then there was their leader who had a daughter and a sister. I remember them because we investigated them after the execution. The sister died of Red Fever some years later and her daughter is under her uncle's tutelage. You might know him, Father. Father Pandor Dumas."
Vardaen wrote:"What we need is where the witches were first found. Also a full list of the jurors so we can confirm the bodies, and see if anyone is still alive off that list and protect them. Anything you have from then, would be helpful."
"I'll have to dig up some files to give you that list. Come back in the afternoon and I will hand it to you. I found one of them doing black magic in the sewers. Followed them to their meeting grounds in the Widower Woods and brought them to justice. That's all."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:23 pm

Denemere is about to say something and then he stop silent in his tracks.

His mouth hangs open a moment, then he swallows hard. "Father Dumas? He's the one that sent us to find out about all this!" His face is starting to get red in anger, "What's that old man up to?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:27 pm

"Now wait! Father Dumas is a sacred man. I'm sure he isn't the one to blame in this matter. When he heard what was happening to her sister-in-law, he kept his niece away from the execution. Even though she was family to him, he let justice be made. I know he felt guilty for a long time after the trial."
A.K.A. Tvrod.