Book 1 - Act 2: The Witches' Tomb

More than a thousand years ago, the land that is now called the Iron Kingdoms was western Immoren, a mire of warring human city-states. Strong leaders would come and go, but in the chaotic realm then known as the “Thousand Cities” no one could carve out a kingdom for long. Then came the Orgoth, an evil imperial race from beyond the sea that would change the face of western Immoren forever. The way was cleared for the Iron Kingdoms to arise.

Moderator: Scout89

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:27 pm

The captain says his goodbyes, "Well, I have to go back to my duties. Farewell!"
"Farewell, Captain! Thanks for the help." says the priest. Then he looks at Dale, "Yes, lets talk over dinner, come. You see, Corvis has been rebuilt many times. Some times due to the swamp swallowing the city. Others due to war. This city is one of the oldest in this land. And everytime we rebuilt it, the old parts we rebuilt over became lost and turned into what we call the Sewers. Once in a while someone finds a way into these sewers and encounters all kinds of perils. It seems there are ways in and out of the sewers all over this region. Because of that, one of my predecessors, the one who wrote that book, took the responsibility of mapping and, whenever possible, closing all the entrance so that the people of Corvis could be safer. He found the one described on the marked page when he was getting ready to put his predecessor to rest in our private crypt. He sealed if, of course."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Razorback
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Razorback » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:08 pm

Koluk gives a bow to the priest once he's healed. "Thanks you, Father Dumas. A warm dinner would be appreciated."
Once they are eating, he listens to the father's explanation of Corvis.
"Could someone have reopened some of those entrances and is now using them to pass undetected?" he asks between mouthfuls of food. "I would be a clever idea."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:11 pm

Denemere listens to the conversation but doesn't add much at first. Once at dinner he finally makes the introduced of Dumas and Koluk, since the Trollkin joined them on the road, he wasn't sure, or couldn't recall the details if Koluk and Dumas where acquainted. During the meal he considers the entrance, "I can't imaging the girl cleaver enough to leave us a red herring like this. Once we are able, we shall investigate it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Father Dumas replies Koluk's question: "Of course. They were sealed, but could be opened with the right tools or with the right spell."
There's nothing else to present you for this day in the game, so, unless you want to do something else, I intend to close this act this week and start the next one.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Razorback
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Razorback » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:14 am

Over the course of the meal, Koluk gets a better understanding of his companions along with Father Dumas. It feels good to relax with relative strangers, having fought besides them, without having to keep the pretenses of what the other Trollkin expected of him.
Nodding to Denemere he says "Aye, sounds like a plan to me. The sooner we get on with it, the better our chances of success."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:35 pm

Works for me
Denemere is silent, he needs to eat, rest, pray, and get a bath in someplace there, perhaps next.

"Praise Morrow."

Is all he says as the group sits and finishes up the day.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring