Book 1 - Act 2: The Witches' Tomb

More than a thousand years ago, the land that is now called the Iron Kingdoms was western Immoren, a mire of warring human city-states. Strong leaders would come and go, but in the chaotic realm then known as the “Thousand Cities” no one could carve out a kingdom for long. Then came the Orgoth, an evil imperial race from beyond the sea that would change the face of western Immoren forever. The way was cleared for the Iron Kingdoms to arise.

Moderator: Scout89

Razorback
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Razorback » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:45 am

Knowing he is opening himself up, Koluk reaches down and pickes up his sword, taking the chanc.e
Once sword in hand, Koluk lunges towards the creature as he seeks to skewer the creature.
"Come on, guys, we almost have this thing!"
sorry guys, I missed that you guys posted.

If I'm reading right, Denemere is now flanking.

Kolukattack longsword
(1d20+4)[18] +1 Bless +2 Flanking

Damage
(1d8+1)[9]

Crit 19-20/x2
(1d20+4)[19] +1 Bless +2 Flanking
(1d8+1)[2]

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Denemere's location on the recent map is wrong, he is 5ft Northeast making him Flanking with Koluk that is right.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:53 pm

Surprise round: Cavewort 22
Round 1: Cavewort 22, Dale 21, Koluk 4, Denemere 2
Round 2: Cavewort 22, Dale 21, Koluk 4, Denemere 2
Round 3: Cavewort 22, Dale 21, Koluk 4, Denemere 2
Round 4: Cavewort 22, Dale 21, Koluk 4, Denemere 2
Round 5: Cavewort 22, Dale 21, Koluk 4, Denemere 2
Combate Over
265XP each.
@AdamDaBomb11: I deleted you last post because the combat had already ended when it was Dale's time to act. Don't forget to get the bullet back.

As Koluk reaches for his sword on the floor, he touches one of the creature's tentacles. As a reflex it whips and drips acid on the trolling's exposed skin. It burns him bad. But, maybe because of that pain, Koluk's attack finds the the nervous system of the Cavewort and kills it. Badly burnt, both Denemere and Koluk look in bad shape.

Cavewort's Tentacle attack of opportunity vs. Koluk: 19, hit for 3 acid damage.
Koluk: 6
Denemere: 7
Cavewort: DEAD
Coming soon.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:22 pm

Denemere watches as the thing topples over, "Is it dead?" He hacks at it with his blade a few more times just to make sure its really dead. Once he's certain of this, he lifts up his voice, "Marrow, we, your faithful servants need your aid. Our wounds are great, but our hearts are pure! We beg of thee to heal our bodies so we may continue to do your work!"
Channel Energy! Sheet updated with ussge.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:18 pm

Dale looks up from reloading his pistol to see that the Cavewort has been slain. "At least I don't have to waste anymore gunpowder on that thing. The stuff isn't cheap to make."

"So that leaves us with what? That southern passageway at the cross section we just passed through? We seem to be making good time with our investigation of this cave."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:16 am

Morrow's light shines bright and most of the acid burns on Denemere and Koluk disappear. Now the group has to decide what to do next.
That's the end of the map. You've cleared it.
Investigating the Witches' Tomb: 300XP each
(Optional) Disbanding the swamp gobber bandits: 200XP each.
If you have not leveled up to 2nd, please round the total so you reach it. Update your sheets while we wrap this part of the story.
Denemere's Channel Energy damage healed: 4.
Koluk: 2
Denemere: 3
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Razorback
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Razorback » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Koluk looks on for a moment with his sword held high as the creature finally falls.
Falling back, panting, he murmurs out "Good job guys." He pokes it a few times to make sure it is truely dead before wiping the creatures blood from a small scrap of cloth and, realizing it has this strange blood and gore, throws it on the creature before resheathing. "Guess I'll need another one of those." He says with a weak grin as he sits heavily. As the healing from Denemere washes over him, he nods. "My thanks, priest." After sitting a few moments to catch his breath, he slowly stands. "South it is, it would seem. Let us make sure this warren is clear before we move on."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:24 pm

"I was interrupted searching this skeleton when that thing attacked. Let's finish this, and be gone. I think we have cleared the caverns. Even if we haven't, I'm done with this place. We should return to confront the Father and see what troubles his niece has done in our absence." He stands back up, sheaths sword and slings shield, then searches the rest of the chamber, the skeleton included.

Then with the others he inspects the last chamber in the south, before pressing the trio to go home.
Wooohoo Level Up!

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Dale tucks his pistol into his belt and readjusts his hat. "well if that does it, then lets not stay any longer than we have to. It is a bit stuffy in here."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:54 pm

"Agreed." Denemere moves down the one passage, "Hmm, I guess we were here already. I'm getting turned around in these tunnels. Let's find our Ogren friend and be gone." He heads back calling out, "Boruk! We are coming back! Time to go home."
I'm good with a narration scene back to town if its safe.

We make sure everything is looted of course first.