Book 1 - Act 2: The Witches' Tomb

More than a thousand years ago, the land that is now called the Iron Kingdoms was western Immoren, a mire of warring human city-states. Strong leaders would come and go, but in the chaotic realm then known as the “Thousand Cities” no one could carve out a kingdom for long. Then came the Orgoth, an evil imperial race from beyond the sea that would change the face of western Immoren forever. The way was cleared for the Iron Kingdoms to arise.

Moderator: Scout89

Razorback
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Razorback » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:31 pm

"Aye, lets be on with it. The smell of death is heavy here. It's rankness is that of foul creatures and is not meant for beings such as us." Koluk murmers as he follows Dale and Denemere.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:38 pm

The trio finds Boruk sitting close to where they left him. "I hope you're satisfied and ready to go?" When the group starts making their way out of the tomb, Boruk approaches Dale, "While you were out I explored this place a little more. There in that first room I've noticed there was something wrong with one of the walls. There was a loose rock and behind it I've found this. I think it's some kind of weapon, but is in very bad shape. Maybe you can fix it. If not, just sell the pieces as scrap metal." The ogrun hands Dale something heavy wrapped in a very old cloth. Inside he finds a firearm.

The group runs back to Corvis to tell Father Dumas what they have found in the tomb. When they enter the cathedral they can hear the high priest complaining, "...I just think it is strange that suddenly you've found time to recruit and bring someone here to help with the matter only after I find people who'd help selflessly. Only after they find evidence the robberies are not isolated cases of vandalism."

In front of him, the guard captain Julian Helstrom replies, "Father, that's exactly why. We did not have proof, but now it seems a very serious matter. Besides, does it really matter? You need our help. This man can help. I couldn't hire anyone to help you before because the mayor wouldn't allow me. But now that there's proof something bad is going on here, he decided give me the permition. Your investigators could use someone with his skills."

By his side there's another man waiting for his time to speak.
Say hello to @sukrai 's character. @sukrai , it's your cue.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:36 pm

Denemere on his return looks exhausted, he's a mediumly armored priest displaying the symbols of Marrow. A long sword is on his belt, a shield over his back and pack. He is covered in gore, blood from many battles, muck and mud from a swamp, and sweat from the long trip. He removes his dome helm and drops it and his backpack and shield at the door to the cathedral. He shouts out hearing the two men bickering. In the acoustics of the chamber his voice carries, "We have returned! We have ill news, and troubling things to tell!" He strides forward, making the sign of Marrow up toward the alter once as he strides to join the Father and the Captain. His eyes only quickly flash to this new fellow. "Marrow protect us we all survived the ordeal."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:41 pm

Dale walks in just behind Denemere and seems to be inspecting the old battered blunderbuss Boruk managed to find. He is a Human male of average height who is dressed in attire reminiscent of a highwayman. He wears a tricorn hat and a leather armored coat of sorts. Down the left side of his face, from hair to chin, is a noticeable burn scar that goes over his left eye. His left eye is actually yellow in color compared to his white right eye. Tucked into his belt on his right hip is a pistol and he carries the aforementioned blunderbuss in his hands. "It ain't much, but I think I can get it to work. There seems to be something jamming the firing mechanism, and I will need to shave down some of the rust on the outerside of the barrel." He pauses when he is introduced to their new recruit.

Dale tips his hat at the new recruit. "I don't know what you had to do to get stuck in with us, but if it is help you are providing we will gladly accept you. Sorry to be so forward, but do you have a name? and what is it that you do exactly?"

Razorback
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Razorback » Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:23 pm

Koluk walks forward with the others, a tired look on his blue face. His of average height and build for a Trollkin with clothes more reminiscent of a frontiersman then that of a city dweller. He carries a bow strapped across his back and a long sword at this waist. Listening to Father Dumas, he extends a hand to Captain Julian and the other man.
"Aye, there's proof down there. Warren of proof, you could say." he tries to make light of the situation but it's obvious his heart isn't into it. "Skill, eh? What sort of skills." Fatigue and the horrors still weigh him down but Dale and Denemere can tell he is quite a bit better since the left the tombs.

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:31 pm

@Sukrai hasn't logged in for a few day. Lets keep moving and he can jump in when he shows up.
Father Dumas abruptly interrupts the dialog when he realizes the investigators have returned. "For the Guiding Light, you're back! How are you? Is everyone ok? Did you find anything useful in that cursed place? And what about my niece?"
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:48 pm

"Well, we all made it back in one piece. So we have that going for us." Dale finds a table to sit and begins setting up a small work space for him. He pulls out a cloth and sets the blunderbuss on it. While he works on his new toy he continues. "We found plenty of gobbers and bones. There was a lot of necromancy happening in that place. We also found four empty caskets of where the beheaded witches once rested. We assume that the girl came and took the bodies." Dale's face lights up. "Ah! I think I have found what is causing this thing from firing. That should be an easy fix."

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Scout89 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:13 pm

Father Dumas' face turns pale in fear, "The witches bodies were taken? How? Were they brought back to life? What necromancy have you found?" Captain Helstrom says, "Dear gods, it can't be true."
A.K.A. Tvrod.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:06 pm

"There were a few animated skeletons walking about. Some had a weird green goop on them. We managed to clear the cave of all threats we found though. The caskets, however, were completely empty." Dale says as he pulls out some of his tools and begins dismantling part of his new gun.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:43 pm

Denemere looks exhausted, "Honestly Father Dumas, we didn't find any clues as to what to do next, did we boys?" He shakes his head, "We did battle with plenty of creatures, alive and undead, but where your niece is now only Marrow knows." He is weary from the trip and the fight and his wounds, "Perhaps instead of such questions we should be visiting the baths and an apothecary to tend to our wounds. A meal and some ale and are lifted spirits would help us greatly."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring