Welcome and Random Chatter

The OOC Forum for the Iron Kingdom's game.

Moderator: Scout89

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Re: Welcome and Random Chatter

Post by Scout89 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:52 pm

He can't go east, but he can go north and into the room.
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Estralita
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Estralita » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:19 am

I'm really sorry, but I think I should bow out. I've been considering things, and I just don't think this game's style is compatible with what I prefer in gaming. It's been fun while it lasted, but I don't feel especially motivated to post, and I don't want to hold the group back ( possibly literally in Boruk's case) I hope you all have fun. :D

Scout89
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Gadgeteer

Post by Scout89 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:50 am

It's sad to see you go, @Estralita. But before you do, would you feel better if you made another character? Can you tell me what's not working for you?
A.K.A. Tvrod.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Ah that's sad to hear. What can we do to make it more fun for you?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Estralita
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Estralita » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:25 pm

Well, I know that it's a little thing and I should have mentioned it earlier, but all the comments about Boruk's size were really beginning to irritate me. Like it was the only thing about him that mattered.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Boruk is a Large creature in a Small space, that's the technical aspect of things. Looking back over the course of the last 5ish pages I see 2 IC comments about Boruk, one being to the effect of 'be aware this is too small for Boruk to follow through' and the other a joke about a diet. Then a few OOC comments as we tried to see if the character really couldn't join us through the small passage. It really wasn't that much when you consider the situation. You shouldn't let IC things bother you OOC. The fact that he's large is a major characteristic of the character after all when in a dungeon crawl environment, so at that point it did really matter if we wanted the party to stick together.

I would hope a few comments wouldn't be enough to make you want to quit a game.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:22 pm

I had a small Bard character one time in a live roll20 game where everyone would constantly walk around making short jokes and patting my character on the head. At some point through the campaign we had a sort of dream sequence fight where I went on to single handedly beat a huge-sized barbarian, a psion and a Summoner all before they could do a single point of damage to me. They proceeded to never come bear my character again. It was actually one of the funniest moments I ever had playing. Comment IC are only as bad as you let them be. I usually try to spin things like that back at everyone else.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Nice one Adam.

I also think in this case, where the dungeon was specifically hindering the party, because of Boruk's size (the tiny opening) it was well within reason to make a few comments about it. While I also realize there are multi-facets to all characters we haven't really gotten in so far as to know what else there is focus on for the characters.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:41 pm

Yeah, the small corridors are kind of unfortunate for a larger creature. The barbarian in my live game party had that problem. That is until he bought a heavy mining pick and just made his own doors. Haha.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:47 pm

Nice. That's one way to deal with that.