General OOC

Out of character forum for Keltia.
Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Re: General OOC

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:20 pm

A time skip might be a good idea actually, since I doubt the minutea of migration and resettlement will be of much interest for some, though I do love empire building...

But as for the proposed plan: It's horrible.

Not only does it risk the Corieltauvi being basically bred out of existence by the Brigantes whom when marrying into the clan will become possibly a majority of the male populace, and at least a notable minority and able to basically say,"Why should Amblaïb/Berwyn be King since we represent the true might of the tribe?"

Not only that, but it's unlikely that Aled would part from any large enough set of men to make a difference. :(

But we'll see... Amblaïb just wants to hit the road with Nuallan and get away!
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Were the Angles as devestated bu the Wild Hunt as the Corieltauvi? We seemed to have driven them off without much collateral damage. It might make more sense to merge those two tribes. Granted, we might have the same problem with the Angles accepting a Briton for a ruler, but if there is no one on our side to really oppose the deal, except us. We could remain allies with the Aled and not risk having them take our lands away.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:35 pm

Well, the idea is that the men would cease to become Brigantes and become Corieltauvi. But it's true, they might not transfer their loyalties. I was thinking it would make for less tensions that intermarriage with the Angles.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:50 pm

I cannot think of any perfectly acceptable outcomes, so Berwyn will have to ponder this a bit. I'm okay with jumping forward in time too, by the way.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:22 pm

It might work if it was just some men moving to a normal sized tribe @Muskrat, but at least by my reading we've basically lost most of what would constitute our Hird and workers, and the men that would join would basically be most of the men we have and as such many might ask why they need to change loyalties at all since they are a viable majority?

Migrationary influx only helps if the 'natives' hold a majority, since if they cease being the majority they just end up being replaced.

But yeah... lets ponder this as things move onwards!

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:34 pm

Hmm. Well, we could basically declare the equivalent of a state of emergency, giving the women extra responsibilities to defend the tribe--and thereby the right to participate in the tribal assembly. That would allow us to preserve a majority.

The other things might be negotiate getting some men from the Angles as well--that would keep any menfolk divided against each other. But that would have its own problems, to say the least.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:50 pm

The rules say Gifts may be invoked once a session. How are we counting sessions in this on-line format? (I was thinking about using my Wise One gift with my Legends roll, but I'd used it recently in persuading the Angle elders to follow us.)

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:59 pm

Eboracum is the seat of the High King of the North, you would know this.

I thought we had another place in mind?

Was the gift done this chapter or last? How long ago RL was it? Basically I just play it by ear and make sure it makes sense.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Olligarchy » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:12 pm

You never did give us an alternative name for the land I think. WHere are you thinking on modern map?

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:14 pm

There were several abandoned Roman forts in Northumbria at the time. Is that where we are headed?