Prologue: A Not So Warm Welcome

Yggdrasill, the role-playing game, allows you to play through exciting adventures in a detailed and fascinating setting, and to become a hero in legendary Scandia, the land of the “three kingdoms” of Denmark, Norway, and Svithjod (modern-day Sweden). Intrigues, combats, quests, magic, and mythical creatures await you!

In Her Dark Majesty you will become part of a powerful group of unsung heroes who are sent to rid the world of a powerful evil that has once more reared its ugly head. Through the course of your adventures you will partake in an epic tale that is most assuredly design to mimic the classic prose of the Poetic Edda and Beowulf itself.

You can be a mercenary or hirdman, berserker or noble, soothsayer or sorcerer, Fate will guide you along the frozen shores of the fjords, cross deep seas on perilous expeditions and into monster-haunted forests. The skalds will sing of your exploits for centuries to come!

Moderator: Eanwulf

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Prologue: A Not So Warm Welcome

Post by Wbweather » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:27 pm

Thorgrod looks at the young granddaughter of Siri. Something about those black eyes stirs a memory deep within his mind of something he heard as a child. He closes his eyes, trying to remember the details. After a moment, he remembers more clearly.

"It has been said that sometimes those touched by Odin will exhibit features similar to his ravens, Huginn and Muninn. Perhaps this is a sign that she has been favored by Odin, although what that portends, I am not wise enough to say. I take it as a sign of the god's blessing however. I think the girl may be integral to our task. Siri, I swear to protect your granddaughter as if she was my own. I will guard her with my life."

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:06 pm

"As will I," Eyvindr declares.
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:11 pm

"Who are we to interefer in the will of the gods? I remember the same tale as good Thorgrod, and will guard young girl Odin himself favors with my life!"
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:42 am

Still here. Was about to email you about it, but seems we're on full 'burst fire' posting mode with days going by without anyone commenting only for there to be two new pages when I check it the next. :) Trying to keep up with everyones responses and get involved, but guessing the timezone is kinda killing my timing.
Kæder looks as though he is about to respond to the inquiries of the other companions, but all that is washed away with the simmering fury of Siri, the quiet resignation of the Jarl and the miraculous appearance of Annehi's new powers. Even before the girl showed the blessings of the Norse All-Father, Kæder knew that whatever he was to say would be ignored, but the magics shown by Annehi now marked the cause lost. No man could fight prophecy.

Giving Freyir a quiet, if brief look, Kæder merely shrugs and takes a seat, allowing things to play as the fates will it.
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Sylvi cups her chin as she watches carefully. When the girl presents her gifts, the shield maiden's calm is not defeated. "Indeed, touched by Odin, and I shall not ignore the will of the gods. We shall find our kin, those other heroes that have gone before us, and we shall defeate whatever blasphemous curse that has come. My shield and spear are yours!"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Ulfr is unsettled by the sudden display of mystical power. He hears some of the others making great oaths. He makes none, for he does not intend to make promises he will be unsure if he can keep. He only says, "I do not pretend to know the will of the gods, but if the wise among so that it is their will that Annehi accompany us, I will not argue. My lord," he says to the Jarl, "I will serve you to the best of my ability and do the best a simple scout like myself can do to end the evil that stalks this land."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:27 pm

Skulmdall does not seem overly impressed by what he perceives as some sort of prayer. When his sister has spoken he adds his own loud voice. "And my sword and strength and valor as well!"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:17 am

The night sky continues to rumble softly as the heroes gathered in Yngvar's hall give their response to what all has just transpired...

Annehi tries her best to respond to the party's acceptance of her presence with humble refrain but fails to do so, miserably. She smiles deeply and pretends to maintain a humble indifference to the group's reactions. As she does so, Siri surveys the room with a fervent vigilance and ponders why the nearby Freyir chews upon her lip softly and looks about the hall in apprehension. Meanwhile, the aged jarl widens his eyes for a moment in response to the display of apparent power before ultimately smiling at his goddaughter as the large bald man guarding him grasps an amulet worn about his own neck and prays to the gods softly for protection.

"I thank you for your kind words." eventually beams Annehi. "Though I pray that it my visions which shall protect all of us."

The jarl yawns, his eyelids nearly closed now. He motions for the large bald man next to him to help him rise to his feet. He then speaks. "I would now take my leave of you dear friends. The hour is late and I must try to sleep. Enjoy yourselves here for a while longer and I shall send for you tomorrow." A weary Yngvar nods to the group and smiles one last time before making his way to the back of the hall. "Siri, my goddaughters, you would be so kind as to accompany me." The three women smile and nod, accepting their jarl's summons. Rising to their feet they to bid the party a farewell and join him. "You too Kæder." insists the sleepy jarl.

The room is soon left to your own devices...
Feel free to wind things down as desired. I shall start a new thread with the morrow's preparations accordingly. @Olligarchy I shall PM you shortly.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:53 am

Inclining his head with as much dignity as he can muster, Kæder joins Jarl Yngvar and the rest... hearing out his warnings and orders on how to proceed.
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Seosaidh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Seosaidh » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:34 am

Eyvindr glances around at his companions and then announces, "I too shall take to a bed, as it may be long before we have that luxury again."
“Do not despise the lore that has come down from distant years; for oft it may chance that old wives keep in memory word of things that once were needful for the wise to know.” ~ Celeborn, The Fellowship of the Ring