Prologue: A Not So Warm Welcome

Yggdrasill, the role-playing game, allows you to play through exciting adventures in a detailed and fascinating setting, and to become a hero in legendary Scandia, the land of the “three kingdoms” of Denmark, Norway, and Svithjod (modern-day Sweden). Intrigues, combats, quests, magic, and mythical creatures await you!

In Her Dark Majesty you will become part of a powerful group of unsung heroes who are sent to rid the world of a powerful evil that has once more reared its ugly head. Through the course of your adventures you will partake in an epic tale that is most assuredly design to mimic the classic prose of the Poetic Edda and Beowulf itself.

You can be a mercenary or hirdman, berserker or noble, soothsayer or sorcerer, Fate will guide you along the frozen shores of the fjords, cross deep seas on perilous expeditions and into monster-haunted forests. The skalds will sing of your exploits for centuries to come!

Moderator: Eanwulf

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Prologue: A Not So Warm Welcome

Post by Wbweather » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:41 pm

"Yes, I as well will rest while I can." Thorgrod takes his leave and heads to the bedchamber prepared for him.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:38 pm

Sylvi takes a deep breath. She would not disagree with a soft bed instead of hunched over by the rail of a ship. "Let's go, brother. We should sleep and be prepared. Tomorrow we shall show our mettle." The shield maiden stands and stretches her back.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:36 pm

"Hm," Skulmdall makes with little more than another glance or word. At least to most. "So, regardless of bad dreams and visions and whatever else, we might just root out some evil, most of it will fall to our steel. Or I did not listen quite right," he adds to his sister. The young warrior himself stands up and grabs his sword. He has nothing against the bit of rest, however his eyes does longer on the wisewomen for a bit.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:11 am

"Yes," says Ulfr, "let us enjoy a sleep in a safe bed in front of a warm fire while we may. It may be long before we have this luxury again." He spread out his bedroll and lay down, quickly dropping off to sleep with the practice of one who has often had to sleep in far harsher circumstances.
My understanding of old Norse dwellings is that, even in the finest, like a jarl's hall, private rooms were very few and reserved for a privileged few. Most people--servants, common soldiers, guests, etc.--just slept in the great hall on benches along the side.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:33 am

Yes, traditional long halls had several internal add-on chambers allocated to the various functions of the house. Fortunately, the original founder was allergic to horses. As such, the inside chamber originally dedicated to housing horses and/or other farm animals was never used as such a feature.
The jarl's footsteps trudge softly off into the distance, fading away alongside his entourage's. A few of you decide to retire early. The rest do so in interval. Your benevolent host has converted what would have originally been a stable - long since turned dry storage - into a makeshift chamber for your party to spend the evening. The smell of sage and herbs hangs pleasantly in the air as several large mounds of straw bedding rest atop carefully placed wooden benches to form beds for your group to sleep upon. The straw is comfortable and sleep comes within moments of lying upon them.

The next several hours are spent in blissful darkness.
Alright then! This portion of our game has come to an end. I shall be moving on to the first Chapter of our game. Be on the look out and I shall edit this OOC to place the proper link once things are written.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!