RECRUITING OFFICE (Character Creation)

Spring 1918: The great war will soon be entering its fourth year. The conflict has reached the distant colonial holdings of all the major European powers and now embroils combatants from all corners of the world. Hope for a quick resolution is a dream abandoned long ago. Millions are dead, millions more are wounded, and tens-of-millions are mourning the dead and maimed, or worrying about the safety their sons, fathers, and husbands. The sum of human suffering is unprecedented in its scale. Such psychic and emotional energy is a clarion beacon which draws the attention of far-flung cosmic entities, and for the ancient horrors that lurk in the dark places of the earth, it is like a bugler at first call.

'Til the Boys Come Home is a 1910s World War I Call of Cthulhu Campaign run by Orvost.
Orvost
Level 9
Level 9
User Class: Inquisitor

Re: RECRUITING OFFICE (Character Creation)

Post by Orvost » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:48 pm

So far I have received characters from TetNac and Aegor.
I am looking for characters from ManWithDoor and Hermit.
Of course, anyone else interested can enlist too.
There is room for a few more, so this is an open call for PCs.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Still working on my character's background. Here are a few tacks I've managed to hammer out regarding my dilettante, Felix A. Eldridge:

-Eldridge’s are an old money family that hails from Boston (or Arkham?).

-Initially made their fortunes in fisheries.

-Have adapted to changing times by investing in innovative technologies (i.e. Electric Trolley Service in Boston?)

-Felix is the youngest son in the family, which consequently leaves him overlooked by his parents for the most part in favor of his older brothers, who stand to inherit the Eldridge legacy and its fortunes.

-Felix attempts to gain personal recognition through stellar academic performance and adherence to family expectations, yet remains unsuccessful and seemingly consigned to forever live in the shadows of his brothers.

-Embittered yet undaunted, travels to New York City in an attempt to garner the praise of his parents by expanding their wealth and influence into the bustling metropolis.

-Initially successful in his dealings within the city, Felix happens across a magazine or cult member publicizing the Occult (Aleister Crowley’s Abbey of Thelema?)

-Becomes fascinated by the esotericism and mystique of the occult and starts to secretly squander family funds towards the acquisition of certain trinkets and works related to the weird and obscure.

-Parents eventually catch wind of his illicit dealings and cut him off financially. Coincidentally this happens shortly after the U.S. enters the war, and parents see an opportunity to straighten out their son by forcing him into enlistment.
------------------------------

Basically I'm having trouble writing a more abridged version of all this background information similar to what Tet and Aegor have for their characters.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:16 am

Aegor wrote:That's easily fixable! I'll tinker with it later today.
Were you able to fix it? If you need to choose a native language, I would suggest French. You guys are going to be in France and it may help if at least one of you could speak to the locals.
Hermit wrote:Still working on my character's background.
Do you have his character sheet done? I have received a sheet from everyone else.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:27 am

I think I've gotten everything written down aside from gear, though I'm not sure how to go about sending the sheet itself I'm afraid.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Aegor
Level 10
Level 10
Title: Subculture of One
User Class: Scum

Post by Aegor » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:35 am

I'm still working on it.

Might take French, my character is a very cunning linguist after all.
There is a crack, a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in.

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:27 am

Hermit wrote:I think I've gotten everything written down aside from gear, though I'm not sure how to go about sending the sheet itself I'm afraid.
You can pm me your stats and a list of where you spent your points.

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:45 pm

Ok. Almost there guys. I'm just waiting on an updated sheet from Aegor. I'll be setting up a few OOC threads this week for NPCs and player handouts. Should be ready to start early next week.

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:08 am

Ok Aegor, Hermit, TetNak, ManWithDoor; the game is up. Please post! We already have our first loss of sanity too!

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:42 pm

I posted.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Orvost
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Orvost » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:53 am

TetNak wrote:I posted.
Thanks to everyone for getting this started. Aegor said something about not having much time right now, so I won't wait any longer for his first post before continuing (but if you do get a moment, Aegor, let us know your still in the game).

We have an official OOC thread for all future discussion, so I'll lock this one up now.