Chronicle 1: Exploits in the Yintse Jungle

Raughir is dead, and the Last Rift War is over. With the death of its Demonic Emperor, the empire of Uruadum has disintegrated into civil war and chaos. But from the ashes of defeat, the ancient city of Tenigul has arisen and asserted its independence and dominance over the vast province of Akar. While in the west of Hirratak a new order arises and brings hope to many of the people there.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Image “Uruadum is full of selfishness and arrogance. They will never accept our path willingly. If we are to show them the way, they must suffer in ignorance first.” - The Journal of Mistress Lukami of the Jandarwi

"These Jandarwi think themselves safe from us. We will show them that no one is beyond our reach." – Bampo Bhugad, Inquisitor from Erladash

Twenty Three Years Since the Fall of Raughir

When Raughir fell Uruadum was thrown into chaos. The old powers were defeated, and the new would rise. In the far west of Uruadum, in the hills of Hirratak this new opportunity was seized on by man of vision known as Darwi. It began in a small village now called Twğan Jeri, the Birthplace, but it quickly spread to neighboring villages. The Code of Darwi would shape the lives of those in the region over next two decades like a sword shapes the swordsman.

Men and women from all walks of life came to know the teachings of the Darwi, and called themselves the Jandarwi, the Followers of The Code of Darwi. The code teaches that Control, Determination, Insight, Knowledge, Perfection, Strength, Loyalty, Justice, and Will are the virtues that every man should aspire too. It places oneself above others, and teaches that the old ways of Uruadum are to be broken down and destroyed. It is an age of man, and men must take what they want and shape a new and better tomorrow from it. They must break the chains of the shadows of the old empire and claim what is rightfully theirs. No longer will they be beholden to Grunlings, Drakkloth, Dark Born, the Sightless, or the Fiends.

In the East Tzar Saloh the 1st is bringing about his new Empire of Akar free from the bonds of Raughir, and in the west the Jandarwi will have to do the same, and they shall meet in the middle. The Jandarwi have spread their teaches all throughout the hills in central Hirratak, they have taken on people of all manner, doing what they must to survive the aftermath of the Last Rift War. Alliances with all manner of groups, some benevolent, some dangerous, have allowed them to grow. Now they have drawn the eye of the leaders of Hirratak out of Erladash and Hathresh, the very sorts of leaders they plan to dispose of.
Welcome to the next installment of the game. The Proluge is still unlocked, and you can freely RP there for a bit more. I will lock it up next week, or sooner, as this chapter starts off. Sorry for the long delay.

Please don't post here yet, I'll add another post for setting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Noon.

It isn't until noon that some of you awaken. Last night was a long night of celebration at the Silver Scimitar. Some how Viclamin talked you into staying until dawn, and drinking and smoking the whole night away. You remember some good songs, and fine tales, and many many drinks. People kept buying rounds for you and you couldn't say no. If that was a test in willpower or moderation you all failed it miserably. All of you but Joffur that is, he never showed up last night.

The smell of spilled wine permeates the air, and the taste like some rotting orange fills your mouths. With sore backs and stiff muscles you realize you are passed out on the floor, pillows and tables of the Silver Scimitar.

It starts to come back to you, you passed out here, spent the night right where you fell. No one bothered to move you afterwards. There are half a dozen others scattered about the room, both your compatriots at arms and the locals who joined in on the fun.

One dark haired woman lays entangled with Vic, half naked, the two smell of sweat among the other smells of the inn. The noon day gong is being rung, and by the time they get to the 12th strike you've finally woken up, heads pounding.
Welcome to the game! Biggest hangover you've ever had!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:14 pm

Akira raises his head from one of the pillows and groans. The headache he has threatens to stay all day. And his stomach feels none too steady. The warlock struggles to a sitting position and takes a few deep breaths to both calm the thumping in his head and to try and settle the rumble in his belly. After a time he finally gathers his wits. He might be able to do nothing about the symptoms of his hangover, but by the gods he would be able to present himself without disgrace. Calling upon the simplest of his magics, he slowly, and carefully, cleans his body and his tunic of any stains from the previous evening, as well as any associated smells.

Only when this is done does he call out for coffee. "Hot, strong, and unadulterated," he requests, his mouth dry as a bone. Perhaps that would help settle his uncooperative body. He makes no attempt to wake anyone else, allowing them to rise on their own.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:41 pm

I've never had a hang over--I don't drink--so I've only the vaguest notion what one feels like.
Janneela groans as she wakes up. "Well, that was quite a night," she says to no one in particular. "Definitely worth a bit of a headache this morning. This afternoon. Whenever it is." At Akira's words, she says, "Yes, coffee! An excellent idea!"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Garoth had eventually joined the others at the tavern. The man, usually quiet and solemn, shared drinks, but held his tongue. If the young man was in pain from drinking this morning, it would be hard to tell the difference between him experiencing a hangover and his usual self. Sitting alone, he sips a cup of tea with tea cakes.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:27 am

Vic opens his eyes and is greeted with light. A sight he immediately shrinks from. He attempts to lift his head off the pillow but that is quickly followed by a "nope" and his head returning to his pillow. He tilts his head to the side before adding another intelligible "Oh.." He smiles and snuggles in closer. Five more minutes. He says to himself before falling asleep again.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:04 pm

Coffee.

Its poured and placed before those seeking it.

The smell wakes the others, and after nearly an hour of nursing yourselves you are finally ready to greet the day bleary eyed. Your stomach is growling, for some, for others its still turning over. In fact even with the coffee and the delay many of you are sick, more so than you would expect from the night of revelry. Someone in the common room, one of your fans, throws up in fact! He rolls over, "I'm sick, real sick...must be something I ate."

It seems possible, you were eating among your drinking, some things you aren't even sure. There is a vague memory of some sort of pickled eggs, and that turns your stomach and you work to keep it down. You can't stay here if you are sick, you need to get back to your quarters, and perhaps Jofurr might be of some aid in purging whatever food poisoning is running its course through your broken and beat up system.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Garoth begins to look even more glum than usual. His movements are slow and methodical. The young man stands up, pushes his cup away from the edge of the table, and begins to depart the common room. As he turns, he picks up a few crumbs from the cakes and drops them into one of his pockets. Walking away, his head is low as he opens and closes his eyes suggesting he is experiencing some sort of pain or uncomfortableness.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:15 pm

Vic shows up a few minutes late in a rather cheerful mood. Although closer inspection shows he is just better at hiding his pain. "Well that was a lovely evening. Did anyone happen to pick up the name of that wonderful girl? My head seems to be a little.. No, a lot hazey."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:39 pm

Janneela puts her hand on her stomach. "I do not feel so good. I think it's more than the after-effects of the drink. I think something I ate didn't sit right with me." She suddenly turns and vomits, aiming for one of the cups, so she doesn't get it all over the tavern floor. She staggers up and says, trying to sound light-hearted and failing, "I think maybe I should go seek out the physicians." She then heads for the tavern door, pauses and leaves from extra coins behind, to pay for the mess she made throwing up.