Prelude: The Oppressed

The ancient Republic faces desperate times as forces inside and beyond threaten it's survival.

This game is an alternate history of the Clone Wars. This game combines PbP, RT-RP, and Virtual Tabletop RP.

This is a temporary description.

Run by GM Tet'Nak
Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:02 pm

Derk didn't disagree with Anakin's sentiment about their orders. He wanted to be a part of the fight, to share in the glory of the victory. Now it seemed that they would be hauling soldiers around. Why would the leadership waste their formidable skills on such a mundane task? "Well you go and let them know they need us more in the fight, and I'll back you up." If they wouldn't listen to the young Skywalker, there was no way they would take the advice of some gunner. Nevertheless, he would go along with Anakin to straighten this out.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:06 pm

As I thought, you'd try to talk your way into leading the charge, as you should! I'll need your character builds before the end of this, to see if you can convince them to change your assignment
Anakin flags down an officer, and also a pilot, who sighs as if he knows what is coming. "Skywalker," he starts, "I know what you are going to say, and I assure you, the assignment was made with all care. Getting those troops on the ground is important."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:17 am

"Sir, I understand that getting troops on the ground is important. Just as I understand how important it is to raid the facility to supply ourselves and deny the enemy the rest. However those defensive cannons need to be destroyed before any troop transport gets within their range." Anakin moved a little bit closer to the officer and looked him square in the eyes, "Tell me who is better qualified than me an Derk in taking out those cannons?" Anakin brought up his datapad and quickly scanned the names, "These are all good pilots but we both know I can fly circles around them. We need to get this changed, now."

Anakin in a combat speeder would assure success. To Anakin there was no doubt.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:42 pm

"Your skills as a pilot aren't questioned, Skywalker." The officer steps back slightly, "But your last sortie did you no favors. You flew well ahead of your squadron and almost cost us several ships, and lives for that matter. Landing these troops will be dangerous and difficult. You will likely be under fire from ground forces. We need you for that."
We can keep RPing until you ahve your guy built enough to roll

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:00 am

Anakin let the officer step back a bit as he realized he was over stepping his bounds as a pilot (even if he was an excellent one) by trying to physically intimidate his superior. Instead Anakin tried to use the officer's words against him. "Almost." Anakin said flatly. "I admit I'm brash but I went ahead to draw the enemy to me. I wanted them to shoot at me so my squadron could engage them. Ships were /almost/ lost. Lives were /almost/ lost. But there was no question that the mission was a success."

Anakin wasn't going to let this go, "Put me and Derk in a combat speeder and our transports won't be under fire when they come in to land." Anakin knew fellow militiamen thought he was self centered so he thought a change from 'I' to 'we' might help, "We can do this. By the time we're done with the cannons a mindless droid could fly a transport in."
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:41 pm

The officer makes a sidelong face at Anakin as he pleads his case, forcefully. "Alright, Skywalker, calm down." He pulls up his own data pad and thumbs through it. "Let me talk to a few people and I will get you into the lead speeder, is that okay for you, pilot?" The man chuckles and gives Derk a look, "I hope you two are ready, Gold One, good luck." The officer uses their ship's new callsign, Gold One, the tip of the spear.
First roll of this game.

I'm going by Anakin's current build to speed this up.

He has 3 Greens in Coercion based on RP.
I'm giving 1 Boost Die (Blue) for Derk's aid.

The officer has 3 Discipline, giving 3 purples.

No other dice are added.

3 Greens, 1 Blue vs. 3 Purples

1 Success, 1 Advantage
Success = Transferred to Speeder Attack
Advantage = Lead Speeder

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:54 pm

"We'll be ready, don't you worry about that, sir!" Derk is quite relieved to be off of transport duty.

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:06 am

A genuine smile crossed Anakin's face as the officer told him and Derk of the change. "You won't regret this sir." Anakin slapped Derk on the shoulder in jubilation, "Gold One, tip of the spear! We'll have those cannons reduced to scrap by the time the transports arrive." Anakin was beaming at his change in fortune and found it hard to stand still and he began to look at the pilot/gunner combos that would make up Gold squadron.

As he read the datapad he asked Derk, "What do you make of the pilots in our squadron?" Anakin looked to see who he recognized and what their strengths and weaknesses were.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:05 pm

Anakin thinks each pilot and gunner are solid. Some are better than others, but everyone has their own worth. They are each steadfast and eager to throw of the yoke of the Occupation, that they all had in common. Some were human, some Siniteen and some Gossam. There was even a Sullustan who had gotten stranded on the planet from before the Occupation.

That Sullustan walks toward Anakin and Drek, "Oooh, Anakin, get duty roster changed, oooh. Hahaha." Named Noomba, he was a friendly sort, a steady pilot, and had nerves of steel under pressure. He wasn't apt to fly fancy or even have any great skills, but he wouldn't let you down. His strange jaws flaps as his odd way of speaking basic continued from when Anakin and Drek had first met him six months ago.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:45 pm

"Well, we managed to convince him that we would be of more use leading the attack that flying soldiers around." Derk replies to the Sullustan. Tutning back to Anakin, he says, "You know these men as well as I do. They are committed to the cause, and they are solid fighters. I'm not concerned with their skill. I'm not saying that this will be a walk in the park, but the Occupation is in for a surprise."