Prelude: Seeking Truth

The ancient Republic faces desperate times as forces inside and beyond threaten it's survival.

This game is an alternate history of the Clone Wars. This game combines PbP, RT-RP, and Virtual Tabletop RP.

This is a temporary description.

Run by GM Tet'Nak
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:15 am

Val inclines his head. "Pleasure is all on my end," he says.
So in this era/game is Obi-Wan pretty recognizable as a Jedi? And how much would I know about that stuff? If need to make knowledge check, go ahead and roll! Otherwise, just let a brother know.
He kicks a thumb over at the bartender. "It's ok.. he's used to an empty cantina.. half the patrons here have tabs longer than a comet's tail... but it's ok. My friend here pours tall drinks and enjoys hearing taller tales, isn't that right?" He chuckles.

He says to Obi-Wan. "If you have some time to kill, I can buy the next round." He has a seat on a stool and says, "Just got back from a run... had some close calls, but it was worth it. Now time for a little R&R. How about you?"
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:40 pm

"Keep buying, Fleetfire." The bartender walks off and goes about some business on the other end of the bar for a few minutes.
You recognize him as a Jedi. Everyone else did
Meanwhile, Kenobi had sent his Padawan looking for information concerning Voss and of course Raxus and the Occupation. Rannok Korto had been Kenobi's Padawan for less than a year. Rannok finds his master in a bar, drinking and talking to the locals. He himself had found no information on local transports heading for Raxus. From Voss' perspective, at least, the system was shut down.
Welcome @ArkticSmash to the game as Rannok, Obi-Wan's Padawan.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Obi-Wan spots Rannok entering the establishment, but keeps his attention on the spacer who approached him. "Well, my friend," Obi-Wan starts, "It appears my padawan has returned. I do not believe I'll have time for another round. We were merely delayed for maintenance on our ship before we continue on to Raxus."

ArkticSmash
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ArkticSmash » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:05 pm

"Greetings Master, I have found no leads concerning the "subject." he states and continues to sit down beside his master and obvserves the conversation
Do not underestimate the power of the dark side.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:44 am

Val gives a friendly nod to the youth as he enters the half deserted cantina. Music is still playing, but the tracks have changed. Now a thumping, monotonous tone.

Fleetfire doesn't say much, but it's obvious he's intrigued. He hasn't seen many Jedi, let alone those who travel with a Padawan. 'This guy must be the real deal,' the spacer thinks to himself.

"Well," he says.. "If I can help in any way.. let me know." Takes a sip of his drink. "Time." Another. "To.." and a third, "kill." He drains the glass.
Welcome, Arkticsmash! Pleasure to meet you!
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:09 pm

As the padawan's master, can I get a bit of a background/summary? Even race/gender, etc.? PM is fine, Thanks
"That is as much as we expected, my young padawan." Obi-Wan says to Rannok as he turns back to Fleetfire.

"Actually, my friend," Obi-Wan starts, "We are heading to Raxus and if anyone knows how to get around the blockade, then your help would be most appreciated."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 pm

Destiny point to get a fast ship or some knowledge about the blockade? Could also do a check
~Bo~

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:23 pm

ArkticSmash is my son, Will. He is new to PbP. I will work with him on figuring the system out. I'll make sure he puts some details about his character in as well.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:56 pm

The bartender laughs after hearing Obi-Wan. "Get around the blockade? Don't you think someone would have done that already if they could? A couple guys came through claiming they were going to do it, never heard from them again." He shakes his head.
The Raxus blockade hasn't been breached yet as far as anyone knows. It isn't common knowledge. I'd let Val have some information about it by flipping a DP
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:34 pm

Let's flip a DP, for Bo/Valentine. I'm fine with it, so we can get the story moving again.
Obi-Wan raises an eyebrow at the bartender and says, "Maybe someone has gotten around the blockade and they are just selective with their information. Either way, my young padawan and I need to get past it and see first hand what's happening on Raxus." The Jedi Knight looks over to Rannok and smiles.