Prelude: Seeking Truth

The ancient Republic faces desperate times as forces inside and beyond threaten it's survival.

This game is an alternate history of the Clone Wars. This game combines PbP, RT-RP, and Virtual Tabletop RP.

This is a temporary description.

Run by GM Tet'Nak
ArkticSmash
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ArkticSmash » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:09 am

Rannok raises the drink to his mouth and takes a sip "Would there be a way that we could aquire a very fast ship that could speedily carry us past the blockade to safety?"
Do not underestimate the power of the dark side.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:39 am

Flip me a DP, yo! I'll RP here. If I overstep too much, Tet, I can edit it. However, in sake of pacing I'll elaborate what I know about a possible way through the blockade...
Val Fleetfire looks to the barkeep and chuckles. "Blockades?! Hrmph... They are MADE to be broken, ran, dismantled, and spat upon... " The man buffs his nails on his own collar. "In fact.. that's my specialty."

The barkeep may roll his eyes at the blowhard Fleetfire.

"Hey!" Valentine says... "Just hear me out." He leans in close to Obi-Wan and his Padawan as if he's bestowing ancient and arcane knowledge.

"I know a guy." A pause. "Well... erm.. he's.. it's... a droid. But I know for a fact that he can program your navcomputer SO acurately near Raxus that you can jump right past the blockade.. come out right near the atmosphere." He shrugs. "I mean.. the risk of death is there.. but it's minimal!!"
Han Solo's trick to get close to Star Killer base.. thoguh this would obviously be much more deliberate and take more time.
~Bo~

ArkticSmash
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ArkticSmash » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:26 pm

"Master, I believe that this will be are openning to the base, what say you? Rannok asks his master.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:08 pm

The bartender rolls his eyes. "I wouldn't believe much of what this rogue says, master Jedi." He chuckles and goes about cleaning glasses behind the bar.
That's fine
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm

The Jedi Knight rubs his beard and looks from Rannok to the spacer Val and back. "So, you're saying we exit light speed in the atmosphere of Raxus. If our ship wouldn't disintegrate or break apart upon entry, and if we were to survive the entry, then we'd be lucky to survive the landing."

Obi-Wan raises an eyebrow to the spacer as he glances over to his padawan, "No disrespect to you, Valentine, but to modify and ensure the hyperdrive motivator to work at that accuracy would require the droid to be on board the ship. And I do not believe we have room aboard our ship for an extra droid."

The middle-aged man then takes the final sip of his drink and straightens himself before telling Valentine. "If you have a ship and droid capable of that, then we can speak more. I wouldn't trust our lives to a droid's calculations, unless you were willing to put your own skin in the game."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:22 am

Val smiles. It's crooked smile, but the man's teeth are healthy and there is nothing disingenuous about it. The smile nearly touches the crows' feet at the corner of the spacer's right eye.

"No risk, no reward.. Am I right? For sure! I'll put some skin in the game.... In fact: my own!!!!" He leans back and looks over to Obi-Wan's Padawan, Rannok and then again at the Jedi. "But I need to know WHY you want to get past that blockade. Sounds like a heapload of trouble to me.. maybe more than it's worth...."
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Obi-Wan replies to Val stating, "We have some friends that disappeared there and we'd like to know what's happening on the planet. The blockade has restricted access to our information."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:21 pm

Obi-Wan's comlink buzzes as R2-D2 reports that he's repaired the ship.

The Jedi needs to decide to take Val's gambit or not.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:30 pm

Obi-Wan checks his comlink and replies, "Okay, Artoo. We're on our way." The Jedi Knight looks over to his padawan and says, "Artoo has finished the repairs."

Looking back to Valentine, Obi-Wan asks, "Well, let's see this ship of yours and your droid that can safely get through this blockade."

ArkticSmash
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ArkticSmash » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Rannok replies "Ok master, let us be off." He sets his drink down and stands up. Rannok smoothes his robes and awaits the two other men.