Ashes of the Forgotten: Chapter 1 - Shadows of Omega

Your crew has been hired by Reenus Von Seur, a ruthless crimelord that has become the head of Omega, your mission is simple enough, disable a Salarian merchant ship and steal crate, no more information is given to your crew before you set out. The ramifications of this simple act will prove dire not only for your crew but for the entire galaxy.

Run by the Spectre Daz

Moderator: Daz318

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6
User Class: Rogue

Post by Daz318 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:13 pm

Omega a safe haven for criminals and the destitute, a place of greed and debauchery, contrasting with the vast poverty that sweeps the lower rungs of Omegan society. For a long time Aria T’Loak, the de facto ruler of the station, managed a fragile peace amongst the many mercenary clans that infest the station, and the many destitute citizens only looking to survive, in 2196 Aria’s empire came crashing down t the hands of a scheming little Volus named Reenus Von Seur, Reenus a former pencil pusher that worked along the lower tiers of her organization had been planning his take over for well over a couple decades, he used Aria’s own funds to buy mercs and weapons enough to conquer a decent sized planet, through bribes and manipulation he managed to land the loyalty of Aria’s favorite pet, The Patriarch, the former ruler of Omega had become soft after being removed from power so many years ago, however deep down the fire of fire still burned inside him and the desire to lead again still remained, Reenus used both of this facts to deceive The Patriarch into launching a full scale attack against Aria’s men.Omega spent weeks under siege, the streets ran red with blood and the station was brought to it’s knees, when it was all said and done The Patriarch managed to capture Aria and set himself into what he thought was his new seat of power, that was when Reenus truly made his move and had The Patriarch executed by his own henchmen. No one knows what happened to Aria, everyone now assumes that she is dead.

Omega 2206

Things have been rough for your crew in the past few months, a string of bad jobs have left the crew strained and your resources depleted, on top of that the Alliance’s involvement in the Terminus has increased and has taken the work with them, your last job ended in disaster thanks to a thanix blast to the ship’s hull, in order to pay for the repairs you were forced to make a deal with the devil himself, Reenus Von Seur, the head of the local crime syndicate a ruthless and despicable being motivated only by power and greed. Currently your crew finds themselves in a very tight spot;your ship is grounded and the crew owes Reenus for the repairs made to the ship, a dangerous proposition when talking about a murderous Volus with a small army of henchmen and hired guns. Currently the crew finds themselves stuck in the crew’s “headquarters” a smallish apartment in the slums of Omega, it isn’t much but it serves its purpose it has enough rooms for everyone and enough places to hide contraband and weapons, decorations are minimal and trash is plentiful, your holo com beeps, Elizabeth answers the call,quickly the image of a short fastidious Volus appears in front of you and your crew.

Reenus Von Seur: Earth Clan, meet me in Purgatory, it is time to discuss payment for your crew’s debt.

As you attempt to answer Reenus waves a hand in dismissal and carries on in a monotone drone typical for a Volus.

Reenus Von Seur: Spare me your excuses, Earth Clan, if I remember correctly it was you that came to me asking for a loan to help repair that heap of rust that you call a ship. I graciously agreed to deal with you and all I asked in return was for you to do me a favor, it is time to pay up. I´ll will be waiting for you, and remember I don´t like to wait on anyone.

The holocom blinks out and the picture of Reenus slowly fades away.
Feel free to start posting.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:24 pm

Lizzy sighs as the holo com goes blank and looks to her brother, Max. "I have a bad feeling about this." Elizabeth, or Lizzy as she's called, runs a hand through her silver hair, then shakes her head slightly to rearrange it the way she likes. "We are going to get put some sort of job where we won't make a credit. Our ship will likely get damaged /again/, and then, we have to take more favors from Reenus to keep flying." The ship's pilot grimaces and starts to collect her things before the meeting.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:05 pm

"That fat little dwarf can go fuck himself." Max had been sure the holocom was off before mouthing off. "He acts like we're too stupid to figure out working for him is a net loss." Max pulled out his SMG and aimed at the wall as if he was targeting someone, "How about when we go to meet him I put a bullet right between that little piggy's eyes." Max looked over to his sister and smirked.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:31 am

Bata'Vek is in a corner, fiddling with his omni-tool. The amber light plays across his purple face-plate, creating odd patterns and colors. At the mention of damage to the ship, his head snaps up to the others. "Hey! No damage to the ship! I'm surprised I managed to limp it back to Port after that blast. If the thanix hit had been just a few more meters dorsal, we would have lost our drives completely. No more happy fun times for anyone after that." She looks over at Max, and it looks like she's smirking. "Good luck with your plan though. While I wouldn't mind seeing the little runt bleeding on the ground, I don't think we'd live long to enjoy it. Probably best to keep our heads low until we can dig ourselves out of our debt."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:08 pm

"This thing isn't the most manueverable, Bata."

Lizzy chuckles, "I can only dodge so many." She turns to Max, "Sounds like a great plan, except there's probably him and twenty batarian thugs waiting to fill us full of holes. No thanks."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:12 pm

Kinney has only listened to the transmission, having no desire to look on the volus that is basically keeping them indebted to have someone to do the work he wouldn't want to give anyone else. "Yeah, I agree with Bata on that, despite me hating it. Though I certainly would like to put a few venting holes in his skull to get us out of his mind. But that isn't gonna happen, I figure."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

LegitimatePancake
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Space Marine

Post by LegitimatePancake » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:28 pm

Ustarf watches his friends with eager eyes, enjoying their banter. He's tossing up and levitating a small piece of scrap for a few seconds, before letting it fall back to his hand and repeating the process. He smiles at the group's plan to gun down Reenus Von Seur and says, "We'll get our chance. Aria's going to make a move eventually and we just need to make sure we're on the right side of things when it happens."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 pm

"Then we double cross him."

Saolina is laying on what serves as the couch in this hovel. She's a slender, toned Asari of only average features. Her tight fitting clothing is only to make movement and accessing her powers easier to use, not to lure in anyone with the hint of her sexuality -- but it doesn't hurt with that. She leans forward sitting up. "We double cross the fat little pudge ball. Skim something from the top, so we don't need him after this mission. He'll likely expect that sort of thing, so we have to be careful how we do it, but if he thinks he catches us deceiving him one way, he won't notice the second thing we steal from him."

She pushes to stand and grabs her pistol from the table, checks the thermal clip and straps it to her thigh. "Either way, we better not keep the walking bowling ball waiting."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6
User Class: Rogue

Post by Daz318 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:18 pm

The Slums
You ready yourselves for what surely will be an unpleasant meeting, you get your stuff and step outside.The hallway outside of the apartment is filled with rubble and nastiness from uncountable years of abandon, cables hang from poorly patched holes in the ceiling and the undeniable musk of mold fills the air like a rotten perfume. The walls are stained and everywhere you look there just seems to be despair and distress, as you round the corner the hallway opens up into a much wider street filled to the brim with people and vendor stalls to both sides, the cacophony of vendors yelling out their goods and trying to attract customers produces a loud buzzing noise that only a deaf person could ignore, this sensory attack is not only limited to the ear canals, everywhere neon signs and video boards advertise products and show newscasts, this is Omega’s slum here the station’s filth mixes with the seediest criminals, it is a dangerous place to live in, pickpockets roam the streets like Varren’s stalking their prey, gangs run amok extorting money from people and shop owners, every corner is littered with the exposed bodies of the working girls, showing as much flesh as any of the meat markets in town.

As you make your way through the streets of the slums the crowds begin to thin out as you get closer to the center of the station, the constant buzzing made by millions of voices speaking at the same time gives way to soft background music and the soft voices of people talking while going about their business. In the background newscasts can be heard from a distance, one speaks of unrest in several Turian colonies, Salarian research beyond the Terminus. Krogan warlords fighting to take control of Tuchanka. The central area of Omega still bears the scars of the fighting between Aria’s henchmen and Reenus’. The station’s central hub is dominated by Purgatory’s entrance a huge screen displaying flames dancing across its surface. The bar’s door as always is guarded by an Elcor that serves as both bouncer and hired muscle. As you approach the towering behemoth he looks you up and stops you.

Bouncer “Dismissive, Reenus has been waiting for you, he is in the VIP section in the back. Assertive leave all your weapons with me now, threatening, do not make me have to scan you.”

After submitting your guns, with much regret you enter the club, not much has changed inside, the building consists of a round central bar surrounded by smaller sitting room areas and a dance floor, the lower level provides smallish private rooms that can be rented out for whatever purpose and the upper level is the VIP area where Reenus spends his days basking in his own glory, overlooking the decadence of those below, around him are about 15 henchmen that you can see, mostly a mix of Krogans and Battarians, but others can be spotted also. You make your way through the many body guards and find Reenus sitting with a young Asari by his side. He sees your crew and dismisses the girl and tells his henchmen to close the door behind.

Reenus: “So you finally decided to show up, i was beginning to wonder if i was going to have to send Mardok to fetch you”, Mardok a hulking red skinned Krogan smiles a sinister smile and licks his lips as he looks at the group in front of him. “Let us begin, as you know you owe me and as a result your ship has been grounded until i remove the order, here is the deal i will remove the order if you go to the Valhallan Threshold and retrieve something for me, this something is a container that currently sits inside of a Salarian cargo ship, you will have to disable the ship and retrieve this container, what you do with the rest of the stuff on the ship, i do not care, you are to bring the container labeled 49FM30NBFDID unopened and unharmed, any questions?

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:56 pm

Bata'Vek takes down notes in his datapad. "49FM30NBFDID, unopened and unharmed, understood. Do you know which Salarian cargo ship is resides inside, or will we have to board every Solarian vessel there?" His voice is neutral, his collecting data on a mission. "If the cargo container is damaged in a boarding action, is there any value in a partial portion of the container, or is the mission a total bust at that point?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."