Ashes of the Forgotten: Chapter 1 - Shadows of Omega

Your crew has been hired by Reenus Von Seur, a ruthless crimelord that has become the head of Omega, your mission is simple enough, disable a Salarian merchant ship and steal crate, no more information is given to your crew before you set out. The ramifications of this simple act will prove dire not only for your crew but for the entire galaxy.

Run by the Spectre Daz

Moderator: Daz318

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6
User Class: Rogue

Re: Ashes of the Forgotten: Chapter 1 - Shadows of Omega

Post by Daz318 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:22 pm

The pilot tries to resist Beta's overload attempt but fails miserably as his shield dissipates from around him. As it blinks out of existence the drone immediately goes for the kill. The drone blasts the pilot with an electric surge instantly killing him.
Pilot Will save
1d20+1=10+1=11 (Failure)
Drone Attaack
1d20+10=30 (Pos. Crit)
1d20+10=25 (Crit. Confirmed)
DMG: 2d6=12DMG to Pilot
Max 5+4=9 (Up Next)
STG 1: 5+4=9
Liz: 2+3=4
STG 3
STG 4
Kinney: 15+3=18
Ustarflu: 15+1=16
STG 3: 11+4=15
Krogan 2: 12+2=14
STG 2: 10+4=14
Saolina: 10+2=12
Krogan 1:10+2=12
Beta'vek: 8+2=10
Sorry photobucket decided to stop allowing me to sign in for some reason...

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:04 am

The STG member that Max and Kinney had been shooting at finally fell to the ground. "About fucking time." Max mumbled to himself. Reloading his SMG, Max ran towards his sister and the cockpit. With any luck those Krogan have taken a bullet or seven.
Action: Reload
Action: Move N maximum allowed.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Daz318 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:52 pm

Max reloads his weapon and runs to aid his younger sister in the cockpit fight. He gets there just in time to see his little sister open fire on the pilot, her shots missing wide and hitting the cockpit glass that is beginning to fail. The glass starts cracking and finally gives way to the vacuum of space the pilots are immediately sucked into space as they have nothing to hold on to Beta is also pulled by the vacuum but he manages to hold on to the ship's console for dear life. The Krogan in the cockpit is pulled out of the ship.
Beta
Ref save 19+6=25 vs DC 20 (Success)

Krogan
Ref. save 11+3=14 vs DC 20 (Failure)

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:33 pm

The Quarian wedges himself against a console, glad for his sealed suit. He yells over the Comm, "Close the door! Close the door, you idiots! I'm in an encounter suit, I can survive for a minute or two without new air. I'll make my way back to the airlock, let me back in there. Just don't let me float out here forever."
The logic generally makes sense to me. Once the door is closed the cockpit will run out of air and stop blowing me around. In a suit, even without a reserve air pack I should be able to navigate back to the airlock and be let back in. If that doesn't work, let me know and I'll try to jury-rig my drones to do something they aren't programmed to - drag my butt out of here.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Daz318 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Before Lizzy can close down the door the ship begins to twist from the pressure of the air rushing out of it, as the ship twists the bridge between the ships starts to creak loudly. Lizzy Rushes to the door and presses the button to close it, as the doors close the rushing air dies down and settles, the bridge stops creaking, however it is apparent that the bridge has been damaged, the remaining Krogan trains his sights on Lizzy, "Tell the Quarian to get my brother." The Krogan looks frantic and desperation fill his reptilian eyes. "Do it now, or i will kill you, now give him the order NOW!"

Lizzy opens her comm and tells Beta to recover the Krogan. She also tells Kinney to go back to the ship and open the port hatch, to allow Beta to come back to the ship. The Krogan doesn't lower his weapon waiting for his brother to be safely returned to the ship.

WalterPeck
Level 12
Level 12

Post by WalterPeck » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:02 am

Max ran up to the front of the ship to see the Krogan pointing a gun at his sister. Max instantly brought his gun up and trained it on the over sized turtle.

"I don't know what happened up here but you stop pointing that gun at my sister or I'll fucking kill you. You have until the count of 1 motherfucker." Max aimed right between the eyes of the Krogan and waited to see his reaction.
Asad Uller - Blood for Gold, Brayden Weathers - Shattered Kingdoms, Marshal Buckler - War without End, Ragnar - Dawn of Days, Henry Mallister - Shattered Kingdoms

Italics = internal thoughts.

Put your weapon on happy and chamber a smile.

Daz318
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Daz318 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:59 pm

The Krogan looks at Max out of the corner of his reptilian eye, "She gave the order already no need for mor useless violence, human." Responds the Krogan in as condescending a tone as he could muster as he lowers his gun. Outside Beta approaches the floating Krogran's body, frost has started to form around his brow and mouth, it is obvious to him that he will die soon if he doesn't get a move on, grabbing him Beta pushes on towards the the ship's cargo bay which is still closed at the moment.

Tensions are starting to boil over between Max and the Krogan, both of which are standing off staring at each other just waiting for a chance to act on it, realizing that Liz puts a hand on Max's chest and pushes him away from the Krogan, "Let's go we still need to find the crate and this boat is sinking." The ship continues to creak and shake as it's integrity has been compromised.
Guys we are out of battle mode, feel free to post whenever

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:20 pm

I believe the STG Salarian near Saolina is still alive? That's why I wasn't posting, thought we were still in combat mode."
Saolina steps forward and kicks the dead STG's weapon to the side. She then takes a moment to change her thermal clip out so its fully charged and ready for the next fight. She spends a moment to loot the body, there is stuff happening in the cockpit but she has no idea what's going on up there. So she loots this dead man, then turns and finds the other Salarian's and loots them too. She's extra vigilant to look out for keycards or other security items that can get her into the cargo hold where their mission's goal is likely waiting for them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:35 pm

Bata'Vek is careful, far more concerned for his own safety than saving the life of the Krogan. The brothers have been nothing but a pain in the ass, and clearly have no compunction about seeing the rest of the group dead. He takes his time getting back to the airlock, making sure there's no chance that he misses a grip and floats away in the zero-G. He's not risking his neck for these guys, beyond merely towing the body behind him.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:22 am

With their opponent dead, Kinney ejects the clip from her rifle to replace it with a fresh one just to be on the safe side. As Lizzy's call comes through she makes her way over to the airlock that had been pointed out.

"The ship's shaky, what's going on?" She replies as she rushes over to unseal the outer door as quickly as possible.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."