Prologue: The Bon Festival

Magic is Real.

We fly over oceans, hold the sum of all recorded knowledge in our hands, and speak with relatives halfway across the world without leaving our chairs. Magic isn't just flying on broomsticks or calling down fire from the Heavens. Magic is limited only by your Imagination, and your Will to make it manifest. There's a battle going on over the nature of Reality and Mankind itself. Pretend it isn't there, or get involved and forge the Future you envision.

Welcome to the Ascension War.

Moderator: ManWithDoor

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prologue: The Bon Festival

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:01 pm

"Thanks for the help," Pixel mumbles, now absorbed in making her calculations and not paying much mind to anything else.

Karstil
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Karstil » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Ulrich takes paper and pencil and writes his contact information down. Then he looks, so he can do it without hindering Pixel, and puts it and some medical equipment in the hands of Jon. Just in case.

After that he takes two new medic packs and gives one of it to Jane. "I think you should look after your friends. I assume he is downplaying his wound for the sake of the others..." he looks to Dexter "I will try to help the family and have a little talk. Can you tell me what their involvement with this whole affair is? Just bystanders or is there more?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm

Pixel finishes her calculations, sifting through the code of reality until she can write a new location for herself and her passenger. It's not as easy as simply double-clicking on an .exe file and letting it go. The universe is constantly shifting, with various actors continuously re-writing reality from moment to moment. Only an Enlightened mind can even comprehend such programming, let alone hope to alter it to their will. But the Virtual Adept is one such as those. With a final push of determination, she and Jon disappear in a brief flash of light.

June, Dexter, and Ulrich are now the only ones left in the Medic Tent, contemplating on what to do next ...
Did another Roll for Pixel. Accumulated a total of 5 Successes, teleport done!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:20 pm

The romani watches the display of magic with a familiar sense of wonderment at such displays of power. Once it's over and the priest begins to inquire of him, Dexter's mouth forms a hard line. "...They unwittingly summoned the thing, at least that's what we're chalking it up to at this point." Letting out a "Tch", the magi ghosts his free hand across the cut across his left arm with a grimace. Leaning slightly on the cane for support, Dexter shakes his head and tells the priestly man, "Tell 'em whatever you want, but you'd best make it quick unless you want the Suits breathing down your neck."

After a couple minutes of relocating his discarded sandals, Dexter trudges his way back over to June with a distinct click-clop of the geta, his expression softening somewhat. "Unless there's anything else that needs doing, we need to get the hell out of here and fast. Probably stick to something that doesn't rely on phones in case They are listening in. All things considered shouldn't be hard to wave off the injuries as part of some accident to the bystanders."
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:07 pm

"Yeah. we ought to be going as soon as possible," June nods to Dexter. "We gotta have someone take a good look at Jon though. He does not seem to good off. Rather bad I think." As she receives the medic kit from Ulrich she nods to him as well. "Alright I'll see what I can do. You look after the other folk just... you know. Don't drop any of our names. Or anythimg about us."

Before heading over to Jon she pulls out her years old cell phone and offers it to Dexter. "Do whatever you want to do with it to make sure we're alright. I can get another uswd one for a few bucks. I'm not attached to it."

With kit in hand she heads over to Jon to take a look at his wounds but takes a look around to see if a professional ia close by she can talk to take care of it. After all her own first aid skills are more on the band aid-side.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Karstil
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Karstil » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:53 pm

The priest kneels down by the family "Son. Let's calm down a little." he talks with a softness and understanding in his voice to the not catatonic one. "Is it really important to know, all the details of what just transpired her? I mean, it was shocking and unreal, no question about that. Just," he is searching or the right words, ignore, forget no... "let it be. Thank God, know one has died or permanently injured. And take comfort in the knowledge that all of you will survive and overcome this ordeal," While he talks he looks at the wound of the older man and uses the medi pack to help him.

i would like to use Empathy to calm the Son. And also, if i can, check the three with magic/prime if maybe one of them is a not awakened instad of just a sleeper.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon May 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Hayabusa, I just teleported away with Jon.
Pixel breaths a sigh of relief as she and Jon materialize safely in her apartment, in a closet filled with all manner of unlikely technological gear that she has set up for this and other emergencies. She listens at the door to make sure no one is poking around the apartment for some reason, then steps out into the place, packed with computer parts, political and punk rock posters, and books on various subjects. The place looks like a tornado swept through it, though close inspection will reveal that, while chaotic, it is quite clean--Pixel doesn't want dirt getting into her equipment. Despite her initial relief, Pixel quickly realizes that, while they won't have to answer awkward questions now, Jon is badly injured and Pixel doesn't know anything about medical care, whether magical or mundane. She begins tapping into her phone, entirely for mundane purposes now, looking for contacts she has in the local Mage community who might be able to come over and help Jon with his injuries.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon May 01, 2017 9:10 pm

June closes the med-kit, having at least wrapped up the worst bleeding wounds with gauze. Hopefully that helps the clotting, but it's all she can really manage without having any real training. And re-runs of medical dramas aren't helpful enough. With Pixel and Jon successfully evac-ed, the rest of the group tries to figure out an action plan. Dexter is looking around with a paranoid eye, wanting to get out before the Suits show up. One good question remains - with Pixel across town and focusing on getting treatment for Jon, how long will her hacking job last?

The Virtual Adept takes a long, paranoid moment to check her apartment and the front door. Everything is as she left it, both good and bad. The chaos is a welcome comfort. She knows generally where everything is, even if the method behind the madness isn't discernible to anyone else. Turning her attention to her contacts, she knows of two brothers heavily involved in both community outreach, and the magical community. The older of the brothers, Phoenix, runs the second-largest Cabal in the City. She knows he at least is an Akashic. Unfortunately she doesn't know him well enough to have any kind of direct, secure line. But she does have the main number to their non-profit business, the Nine Hands Wellness Center.

Ulrich is focused not on escape, or battle, but upon his Calling to serve all of God's children. To be an agent of good and light, to help heal those who have been wounded so deeply tonight. As he approaches the trio he opens himself up to the deeper Truths of the universe, to see the Light of creation flowing through all things. When he looks upon himself and other Magi, their aura positively blazes with power. It may be chaotic, or violent, or benevolent, but it is undeniable. These Singers are ... different. There is a power there, but much more muted, or restrained, or ... something. He frowns, not having encountered this aura before. In his mind's eye, they do emanate power, but it is less dynamic, more structured.

Regardless, the priest tries to give words of comfort. He speaks of the blessings they have of surviving the ordeal, that they have survived and overcome. The man nods slowly, hugging the prone forms of his wounded parents. His face is difficult to read, perhaps still in shock from the attack and his wounds. He looks away from Ulrich, not responding anymore to the words of consolation, just looking at his parents.
Dexter: Good thinking! Paranoia is a perfectly logical thought process right now.

June: I did rush the teleportation a little bit, so we can ret-con that June tried to do a Medicine Roll on Jon. -> Rolled 3,6 @ TN 8 = 0 Successes (Int is 2, and no ranks in Medicine, so not a great Dice Pool). You didn't make anything worse, but about all you managed was to wrap the wounds with gauze. Better than nothing!

Pixel: You have a non-secure number. Feel free to call. To save time, Phoenix happens to be manning the phones and identifies himself. So your next Post can be whatever you decide to tell him.

Ulrich: Prime roll, setting TN higher at 7 since that's a deep dive to confidently know if someone is Awakened - 7,10,10 = 3 Successes. ... well then, that worked out well. They do have a strange aura about them. You get an excellent reading of it, but it doesn't fit anything you've encountered before. They aren't officially Awakened, but they aren't fully Sleepers either. If you want to look into it in the future, you'll have bonuses to the Research since you got such a good look at all 3 of them.
Empathy Roll: 3 Charisma + 3 Empathy + 1 Empathy Specialization (Consolation) = 7 dice. TN 6 standard, since you all clearly were helping them out. 1,1,1,1,3,4,5 = 0 Successes (and major Botch). ... wow. Just ... wow. That may have been one of the worst Die Rolls I've seen in my life. So yeah, you very clearly didn't succeed. And I'm going to have to think up ways to have this become a Plot Hook sometime in the future.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Mon May 01, 2017 9:26 pm

Dexter shakes his head and calmly grasps June's hand. "No phones, we just need to go. Follow me or go your own way, we're gone now." For a second the romani lets go of his friend's hand and looks ready to walk off. The magi pauses and looks over in the direction of the priest tending to the traumatized performers. Again he frowns, but manages to suppress his disdain long enough to say, "Yo, preacher man. You should probably wrap up the sermon and make tracks too. Only a matter of time 'til trouble comes rolling in."

Having given the man a fair warning, Dexter spares another glance at June before briskly heading off in the direction of his apartment.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue May 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Pixel really didn't plan what she was going to say, so the words just come tumbling our of her mouth, "Oh, uh, hi, glad I could reach you--actually this is kind of urgent. Oh, sorry, this is Pixel--we met at a, well, you know, an event. Look, I've got one of your, ah, colleagues here--maybe colleague isn't the right word, because it's not work-related, but you know what I mean. We just had a nasty encounter with--well, I don't want to talk about it over the phone, because, well, you know--and I managed to get him safely back to my place, but he's pretty bad and I was thinking you might want to come take a look at him. He, ah, doesn't want to go to the hospital and would prefer, ah, traditional healing methods." She abruptly falls silent, not sure what else to say and unsure if Phoenix had been able to make any sense of what she had just told him in hints and circumlocutions.