OOC Discussions

Mage: Ascension War OOC forum.

Moderator: ManWithDoor

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: OOC Discussions

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:53 pm

Hmm, good idea. Actually, this will have separate introductions. I should have done it in a different order (introducing Sparrow's assistant), but didn't think of it. So this is the introduction for the previous PCs, then he will be reminded to introduce you as well.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:43 pm

ManWithDoor wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:10 am
Hey all! Thanks for the wonderful posts. Loving the creativity and effort put into every word. Really inspires me to up my game as a GM.

First, I promise to have a Post up tomorrow right after work. It'll be my first priority when I get home.

Second, I would really appreciate it if I haven't posted within a couple days of you all going, that you follow up with me. PM, Discord message, whatever. Those little nudges can really help me get over my whole cyclical problem of:
1) Get behind on a Post
2) Anxiety over letting everyone down
3) Guilt about the delay, exacerbating the Anxiety
... start endless spiral

Even a simple check-in or hello helps a bunch. I know it may sound rather silly, but it does help me, and I want to be seriously engaged in this Campaign.
Sure, that makes complete sense to me.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:53 am

Maybe we should move to a non-interactive scene from here on out, and wrap it up quickly? Then we can get the 2nd chapter started and pick up the pace. Thoughts?

I've picked "Geyser" as my shadowname. I thought about picking a name in a foreign language that suits him similarly, but our resident Romani gets that trope :)

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:55 pm

That sounds fine to me. We're seeing the results of our investigation, so I don't think it will de-protaginizing.

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:21 am

I also agree that it's probably for the best to wrap things up soon in the interest of keeping the overall story moving. No matter the results of this trial, I'm sure that the aftermath will be quite interesting delving into.
RorytheRomulan wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:53 am
I've picked "Geyser" as my shadowname. I thought about picking a name in a foreign language that suits him similarly, but our resident Romani gets that trope.
Heh. I wouldn't mind at all if you wanted to style your characters shadowname the same way I chose to with mine, it's not as if I hold exclusive rights or a monopoly over that particular form of naming convention. In either case it'll be fun to see what kind of personality and skill set your character will bring to this motley Cabal of ours.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:13 am

Got it! Moving swiftly onwards, into the consequences of your investigation. "And I would've gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!"

And liking the Geyser shadowname. Really fits with the aquatic nature of your Avatar.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:27 am

I could set up a Discord Channel for the group, if everyone is on there. Would make for fast communication, especially when I get a Post up. Interested? If Yes, let me know your contact info on Discord (some of you obviously I already have).

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:19 am

Sounds good to me. I'm on Discord almost every day.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 13, 2020 5:31 pm

I'm not on Discord. I honestly don't even have a clear sense of what it is. I check in here manually on a regular basis anyway.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:53 pm

Fair enough. It's basically just an Instant Message service, with a relatively easy user interface. Like Skype, but with more structure. Most of the FOTD people are on it, and it has its own broken out message boards. General, L5R, D&D, etc.

One can also just have a group of people in their own thread, just like Skype. The Cyberpunk game has one, for example.

I didn't get on Discord for ages, but it's turned out to be quite useful. Ask live questions of the GM or each other, usually for planning or clarification purposes (much faster than OOC posts or PMs), and I can let you all know when the next Post is up. Sometimes people don't check fast enough to see it in the 'Most Recently Posted Threads' line-up. That sort of thing.