Opening Round

Unimaginable wealth buried ages ago; works of art thought long lost; new works bringing glory to House and Cog; a new tavern because, really, that one down the street just isn’t what it used to be.

This is a GMless game!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Story Round 3: The Tunnel

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm

"I guess so. Time to head home!"
So I guess we are done here. Been weeks since anyone posted. We can wrap this up and shut her down
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

shipwreck
Level 5
Level 5
User Class: Wanderer

Finale

Post by shipwreck » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:39 am

First, thank you guys for trying, in spite of all my lagging. I think we got a good tale out of it. Second, since we only failed 1 round the mission is technically a success and we'll use the finale to explain how. In the finale, we take a moment to wrap up the story and explain what happens to our characters. Please add to what I've done here and then tell us what happens to your dwarf.
Gylvi held off desperation like a dam. He shuffled around aimlessly by the boulder looking, hoping for something. He kicked at the dirt. He looked at the broken crowbar. He examined the Bone Stone. He kicked at the dirt and then looked at the broken crowbar again. Then his kicks grew harder, more frustrated. Wildly, he kicked at the crowbar, breaking his toe and sending the thing flying. After his cries of pain subsided he noticed something in the hole the bar had made under the boulder.
His eyes went wide.

Upon their return to the Homes, Gylvi tried to keep things quiet but word spread, mostly by Talic. Soon the band of treasure hunters was touring the pubs of the Homes, showered in praise (and beer), and asked to tell the tale again and again. A bidding war began among the crafting Cogs, who wished to own such an important part of their history. Once the settlement was made and Gylvi got his share, he went back to his mother's house. After some debate he realized that what's not broken isn't worth fixing, bought himself a new tunic, and remained at his mother's house indefinitely.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Finale

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:41 pm

I think in general this was a good try as well. We suffered I think from the lack of GM pushing things forward when the players stalled. I can see this as great fun at the table, and you'd have no delays from that. Thanks for hosting for us shipwreck.
It was amazing, out of defeat came pure luck, and success. Tadgrim used the success he was getting from the venture to tighten up his Clagger contentions, but sadly whole ordeal put a strain on his relationship with his brother. Now that his brother was also getting some acclaim and success it was harder and harder for Tad to exert his protectiveness over him. The jokes turned sour and bitter, and the good natured ribbing took on a painful tone. Eventually the two brothers would split up, and never venture again together because of the strain of celebrity and success. Taking his share of the money he invested in a small company that made glass lenses for spectacles and did alright for himself, but always the hole in his life where his brother had been was empty.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Finale

Post by Wbweather » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:20 am

Dingis never cared much for money and the fame was nice for a while. But it was not long before life rturned pretty much to normal. Except for the stories. Those grew grander and more elaborate with each retelling and soon the tale of the Ulda's Flint was told in every tavern and home throughout the Homes. Of course, no one told it quite as well as Dingis and dwarves would come and sit and listen as the jolly dwarf would gather the crowds around him and say, "Did I ever tell you about the time when some friends of mine went looking for the famous flint that once belonged to Ulda himself?"

TheChad
Level 2
Level 2
User Class: Hunter

Finale

Post by TheChad » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:57 am

Cawc continued his life as he had left it. Enjoying good times and good ale, giving his brother grief, and being dwarf in Homes. However, he found himself always being drawn to the script and patterns he had noticed ringing the border of the scroll. perhaps someday.......