Act I - Scene 2

Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small time capers gone disastrously wrong – inspired by films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the Gun, Burn After Reading, and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly, and in the end it will probably all go south in a glorious heap of jealousy, murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might end up back where he started.

Moderator: Wbweather

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:01 pm

"What do I want?" he asks with a laugh. Having a real dad would have been nice growing up. But that was all long past. So sense crying over what was done and gone.

"I hear you came into some money and I want a piece of it. Seems the least you could do for your poor neglected son."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:10 pm

"Money? Well maybe you are my boy after all." He sits up straighter and now takes the offered booze.

He walks over to the corner and undoes his pants and pisses into the pot there. "You want some money then you have to work for it and I don't mean down at the saloon washing glasses for drunks. You come through with that list, and I'll pay you fair for it, but if you want charity, so talk to Father Dunham about a free handout!"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:56 pm

"You give me half the money from the note and you got yerself a deal!" Billy says. He wasn't gonna take no empty promise of 'some' of the money. "Then I'll settle for a quarter of the take in whatever you got planned for the people in the saloon. Fair is fair; I take risks and I get paid too."

"An' don't worry 'bout the information. Those people talk and talk once they've got a drink in 'em. All I got ta do is keep my ears open as I play and I'll have what you need." He considers that until now he hadn't wanted to get involved in his dad's business. But this was different. Now his pa had money, and with a cut of that money, Billy could move to New Orleans and set himself up there. He'd heard that New Orleans was an easier place for someone like him to live. Not 'accepting' as such, but less persecuting than most, which was a damn site better than this podunk town.

"When do ya need ta know what I find out?" He asks. "Might take me a little time to get it all together."
Billy is supposed to get a success in his action. I'll say that his dad offering a solid cut of the note and the take meets that requirement.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:35 pm

"Half! Are you mad? No way I make that money back. Plus what do you want me to do, rip the note in half and give you it. I need to cash it in, ain't nothing but paper right now." He stalks over to his son and breaths on him (its something terrible) "Quarter, that's 500, and that's plenty, plenty too much and if you weren't my blood I'd just shoot you for suggesting any more."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Trogdor » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:07 pm

"Quarter it is," Billy says with a half hidden grimace from the smell of his father's breath. $500 would be plenty to get him set up in New Orleans, plus whatever he could get from this caper his pa was planning.

"So, I'll head back to the saloon and start gettin' that list for you of who's stayin' there and when they're comin' in and out. Be a day or two, probably, before I can get a proper list." It occurs to him that he might have to read the list to his dad on account of the fact that he's not sure the man can read.

"That good for you?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Act I - Scene 2

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:12 pm

"Deal."

He then lays down on the bed, "I'll see you tonight."

He rolls over and falls back to sleep to sleep his hangover off.