Act 2: The Bloody Camp

The Battle of the Five Armies is over, Dale and Esgaroth have been rebuilt and a new King Under the Mountain sits on the throne of Erebor.

King Bard has issued a call to all adventurous folk, rallying them to his cause - to clear the lands of the north of all that would threaten the Free Peoples. Will you answer his call

Moderator: silverfoxdmt73

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Dead Man's Barrow - Round 4

Post by Vardaen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:28 pm

Torwald kneels down, torch held high for light, and inspects the wound on Eofor, "Doesn't look good. We need to get out of here and clean that, soon. I don't know what sort of ailments come from... well Barrow creature claws, but it can't be healthy. I have some skill in healing, but not as much as others, still I can see what I can once we are at camp." He stands up, "For now cover it with a cloth, and bandage it up so it doesn't get dirty."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Wbweather » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Dolenril looks over the remains of the fallen wight. "It looks like this danger is dealt with. Hopefully that is all we have to fear from the undead today. Dealing with the living above may prove even more difficult I fear. Should we check for any more surprises down here in the dark before we leave this hole?"

Bounder
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Bounder » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:53 pm

"Yes, I'll not want to enter again should we leave now, let us learn what we can while we are here." Eofor suggests while pressing a cloth between his hauberk and wound. Sword in hand he cautiously approaches the sarcophagus, hoping the others accompany him but not wanting to appear cowardly.

Omenstar
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Omenstar » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:51 pm

To Torwald, Dobbin answers, "I came when I saw that other madman exiting this hole all a-crazed. He attacked his own kinsmen! I had to put an arrow in him! By the looks of him, I thought you might be needing help. I was beginning to feel useless out there, hiding in the bushes."

To Eofor, Mr. Woodbridge advises, "Hold on to that blade, Tall Rider, you've found something precious there and it looks like it's the only thing providing protection against the un-living in this cursed place.

"Let us examine our surroundings and take what useful things we may find. But we should be quick. Our mission remains: The Half Orc."

And with that, the hobbit begins poking his torch into every corner and nook of the chamber, looking for clues, treasure and secrets...
“Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea – any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!” https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Torwald nods to Dobbin, "He attacked his own people? I wonder what troubles that will cause now." He nods to the hobbit, "I agree, take what we can from here but beware, there is a shadow on this place and it may follow us beyond this barrow if we take things with us." He holds his torch for all to use the light and moves out of the chamber when ready.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

silverfoxdmt73
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Former Company Man

Dead Man's Barrow - Aftermath

Post by silverfoxdmt73 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:35 pm

The sarcophagus is a simple stone affair, now empty bar cobwebs and dust, all that remains of the burial gifts laid to rest with the dead king.

"Quick, out." One of the Bearskin tribesmen shouts, ordering his kin to leave. "Dead stink bad."

The tribesmen leave, casting wary glances behind them as they make their way out of the chamber. The group are left alone to search the barrow, but the sarcophagus as well as the few alcoves in the walls hold no secrets.

The body of the dead king, however, holds something at least...

Though the chains that hold it in place may be covered in rust, the medallion that hangs around the skeletal neck of the dead king is untarnished. A few inches in diameter, and engraved with strange runes and patterns it is a wondrous medallion indeed.

Wbweather
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Wbweather » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:24 pm

Dolenril bends down to inspect the medallion closely, hoping that it may give some evidence as to whom it once belonged.
Lore check, if appropriate.

Omenstar
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Omenstar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 pm

“Have we reached a dead end? Where is their halforc leader? Don’t they care? He couldn’t have just disappeared into thin air, not even the chill, malevolent air in here can simply make a man disappear...can it...?”
“Sorry! I don’t want any adventures, thank you. Not Today. Good morning! But please come to tea – any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Good bye!” https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Orin is far too Dwarven to flee from a tomb, so he too stays inspecting the tomb and remnants of the dead king.
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:24 pm

Torwald searches for the half orc, or signs of his corpse, lighting more torches if he needs to to burn away the chill and the fog. If nothing is found he suggests everyone leave, and he takes his own advice. "It could be some trick of these men, I don't trust them fully."
Are we still playing this?