Prologue: Solace Amidst The Stars

Ever wonder what it would be like to play a cosmic-level super hero? Yes, that’s right, an interstellar class of super hero. Perhaps something akin to a member of the Green Lantern Corps or possibly even a colleague to Rom Space Knight? Maybe you’d prefer to play something like Shazam or Adam Warlock. Answer yes? Then this may very well be the game for you! Utilizing the Marvel Heroic Roleplaying Core Rules by Margaret Weis Productions Ltd. and the powers of sheer imagination, I have come up with a game setting in which players are allowed the chance to play such powerful types of heroes. Starknight Academy will essentially allow players to portray one of their home-world's "best" in a military academy styled setting. There they will undergo the trials and exams that will hopefully reward them with the title of Starknight and a chance to join the galaxy's finest order of law-keepers in the Universe!

Run by the Cosmic Watcher Eanwulf

Moderator: Eanwulf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Prologue: Solace Amidst The Stars

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:32 pm

@AdamDaBomb11 @JohnnyWeird @Olligarchy @Riversisariver

The buzzer sounds and you take your place outside. Others aboard your shuttle do likewise. The time spent boarding the Zentrati Warship is spent exchanging random glances at one another in a virtual spectrum of emotions. Ultimately, you find yourselves aboard the S.S. Barrage’s interior and gathered among its flight deck and landing bay.

Numerous officials, both Zentrati and Starknight alike are present inside of the massive Warship’s landing facility; each one apparently tasked with focusing their sole attentions upon making sure that each of you are properly recorded as being a new cadet among the Academy’s roster and then ushered upon their way to their proper liaison for further instruction.

As you receive your directions, you make your way to one section of the hangar. A pleasant, if not soothing and all-too-familiar voice suddenly echoes softly throughout your minds.

“Come my childre…uhm pupils. Over this way. I am here.”

Arkhan Vener
…stands motioning to you as the thoughts coat your minds in an affectionate manner. The friendly Starknight continues to project his thoughts.

“There is no need for speech my friends. If you have a question, you simply have but to call out my name in your mind and I shall hear you. Your answers will come in a timely manner.”

The amorous Serran then motions with his hands and directs you further via Telepathy. Before long you ultimately find yourself standing among a group of 19 others in military fashion. Carefully looking at those around you, Farsight’s thoughts eventually focus their attentions among you.

“I do believe that we are the first order among my colleagues to have assembled in their proper entirety. Far be it from me to take delight in such a thing, but I cannot thank you enough for heeding my instruction so diligently. I pray that the rest of your time here among the Academy and its benefactors is equally as dutiful.”

The pleasant Starknight then concludes.

“Now, if my superiors will allow it, I shall now show you to your barracks.”
I shall PM each of you with some personal stuff, but feel free to post as desired.

You’re currently:

• Gathered in the flight/landing hangar.
• You are currently 1 of a group of 20.
• Each of your fellow players are in this group.
• There are also others of many races present.
• More specifics shall be discussed later.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Zoe looks around at the other recruits. A colorful bunch would be an understatement. Quick to adapt, Zoe responds to the private message in her mind.
"Farsight. Thank you. I will take your recommendations to heart."
She then leans over to the nearest woman to her. A Narrakan it would seem. "Hello there." Zoe extends a hand. "So. I see you got roped into coming to this place as well." She then smiles sarcastically.
That would be you @Olligarchy :)

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:50 pm

King Atom stands at parade rest, the picture of military discipline. There is a time for friendly banter, and a time to present the best of one's world to an expectant public. This is surely the latter!

But beneath the muscle and majesty of his stance a calculating gaze takes in the surroundings - the battleship, its crew, the soldiers assigned to it, and the Starknights themselves.

With the manpower and energy this 'Gathering' represents, each of these candidates must be an incalculably valuable asset. I myself nearly turned the tide of a global war - if my equals are assembled, the Council has a mighty force indeed!

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:42 am

Smiling a bit weakly at Farsight, Ea nods,"Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope to take your words to heart and truly learn to make a difference... for all our sakes."

As she turns to return to the 'group' Ea notes the two Narakkans, and briefly considers moving over to talk to them, but then hears a voice near her, addressing her. Turning to face the striking young woman, she gives the extended hand an odd look before inclining her head a bit in greeting.

Narakkans, as a rule did not seem to shake hands and the custom was alien to them.

"Greetings, I am Ea of the House of Makarian." Wincing as she realizes just how formal she is sounding, she continues in a more relaxed tone,"I was not 'roped' as such... I volunteered."
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:57 pm

Zoe looks at her empty hand, retracts it, and smiles. "That's right, sorry. Your people don't really shake hands. I was approached about joining and didn't really know what to expect. Oh. I am Zo'esseir. Zoe for short. As you can likely tell by my skin, I am Van'Drin."

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:36 am

Alright then, let’s get this puppy moving again! Sorry for my unexpected delay, I had some legal mumbo-jumbo that I had to take care of involving my FINALLY approved Disability case. It’s been an interesting ordeal to say the very least.

Anyways…
Unknownst to the other members of your group, many of you share several telepathic conversations with Farsight. In addition, there appears to be quite a few formal and semi-formal audible introductions being made among the cadets as well; albeit brief ones at best. Most of the group appears to be content enough with exchanging cursory glances at one another and then nodding cordially in an affirming manner as they do so. Overall, the time spent is pleasant enough, though the air is somewhat filled with the hint of anxiety and tension among the bulk of the cadets present.

Ultimately, Farsight beckons everyone to attention and broadcasts the following…

“It would appear that everything is in order and I have just received word that we can now move along to your barracks. If you would be so kind as to follow me, I shall show them to you.”

The lithe Serran then proceeds to give the order to about face and exit in orderly fashion through one of the nearby hangar bay bulkheads.

Farsight leads you into the massive heart of the Zentrati warship. Several armed soldiers snap to attention as he passes by and immediately press themselves against the corridor walls to allot passage. The amicable telepath simply smiles and nods cordially to each of them as they do so. Most assuredly he is telling them something with his mind. In turn, the soldiers simply nod back in response and await the last of your procession to pass-on-by before carrying about their normal duties.

The inside of the Zentrati Warship is most impressive. Sleek metal walls shine with a polished effort to keep them clean and darkened rubberized gangways muffle the echoing sounds of your treading footsteps quite easily. Lining either side of the sleek walls of the metal hallways are two rows of strategically placed lights that pulsate with vibrant energies of a bluish-white hue. Additionally, there appear to be numerous monitors and other gadgetry present of a high-tech nature to ensure that life aboard the Zentrati craft is a secure one.

Your group is led to what appears to be a freight elevator of some kind and you are promptly instructed to enter it at selected interval. The group that you are in appears to be seventh upon Farsight’s list of cadets to do so. Time passes by quickly enough, though it still feels like an eternity to most. Finally, your time to board the elevator comes!

Upon the last of your group entering the elevator, each of you is whisked away both upward and portwards, according to the video monitor present inside of the elevator. In time, the elevator stops and its doors open with a resounding whooshing sound. Farsight quickly instructs you to depart the elevator and continue following him to an intersection. He then instructs your group to await his presence in front of a pair of massive sliding doors. Outside the doors, some kind of colorful writing is stenciled upon either side of the two doors.
Alright, thus ends this portion of our Prologue. I’ll be putting the next part up ASAP and it shall deal with your experiences inside of the barracks.

Until then!

Oh yeah, P.S. – The writing on the walls is in Zentrati and simply reads:

Barracks 0943-1B7
Delta Squadron
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 am

Smiling at Zoe, Ea gives the blue lady a hopefully discreet once over with her eyes, before turning the discussion to a more polite direction.

"So... what kind of a freak are you then?" Realising once again she has fantastically placed her foot in her own mouth, she hastens to add,"Since we must all be ones to be invited her... right?"

As the time moves on, Ea follows the little Serran along obediently, wrinkling her nose as they arrive at their destination.

"Home sweet home... I guess."
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:48 am

Zoe smirks and, without warning, her body begins to shift and swirl like a controlled maelstrom. Then suddenly the swirling stops and Ea is now staring at herself. Or, what looks to be herself.

"It is unfair to speak about yourself like that." Zoe says with Ea's voice.

Riversisariver
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Guardsman

Post by Riversisariver » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:46 am

At first the moments Tisp had been stuck in position locking him out of reality for a minute before he was bumped into by a fellow aspirant. This reeled him from his psychic stupor, turning to her he looked down at the the young woman, whom stood an easy two feet below him. His Style of dress and, lesser effect his mask, a horrid bent metal thing, the crushed look giving off a view of menace. Tisp didn't speak, only stared at her in the awkward moment, after turning to walk away. Tisp again lost himself in his own mind, this time coming too stood at the Barracks that he'd be staying at for the near future. Many of his pupils had many bags, and personal affects. Tisp looked down at his meager bag and back to the nearby females sheer amount of luggage. Tisp had all he had ever owned in a the small travel bag he'd received.

Not to mention What he wore. He looked back up at the Barracks Identifier. Committing its words to memory, his hand running along the engracing on the wall next to the door, that his fellow aspirants funneled through.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:31 pm

Ruen starts when he sees a blue woman shape-shift.

The tactical application of such power! A skilled intriguist could become a trusted aide, a respected general - even a political leader!

To say nothing, the guantleted guardian rumimates, of the recreational uses...

Chuckling, the prince turns his attention to the markings on the wall. After a moment's regard, he leans over to the metal-masked...man?... next to him and speaks, his voice lowered, but conversational.

"So, what does it say?"
That'd be you @Riversisariver