Rant Room (OOC)

The OOC Forum for the Starknight Academy game.

Moderator: Eanwulf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Rant Room (OOC)

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:56 pm

It seems that 'people getting colds' is becoming quite the common theme here on the site. I've actually been battling a rather nasty 'change-of-seasons' one myself. Still however, things must press on. I plan on working some on the game's post today amid 'coma-inducing' bouts of taking my sinus meds. I do so hate such issues. I'm a blob of quivering Jello when it comes to sinus-issues. The meds really make me all Jimi Hendrix 'Purple Hazey'. :o
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:57 pm

I'll have something posted tonight and apologize for the delay. Not sick anymore but both my parents are having issues in need of my assistance. It's been busy and I'm starting to feel on call 24/7 but they're worth it and I hope things start looking up for them soon. Until then, I'm trying to do the good son thing and they're taking full advantage of it :lol:
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:00 am

Sorry about that. For those of you ignorant to what all is going on with my parents, they're both in their 70's and have quite the variety of impeding health issues. My father is currently all-but hobbled from a severely pinched nerve in his lower spine and until something can be done about it is pretty much out of commission. Unfortunately, due to my mother's advanced arthritis and light-sensitivity issues, she cannot drive like a normal person and in all honesty (IMO) shouldn't be behind the wheel of a vehicle. That's where I come in...

I don't mind chauffeuring my parents about but damn, they sure do like travel! Between umpteen hundred doctor appointments, groceries, paying bills, dog groomers, my niece's schooling (she lives with my parents), my own real life affairs, etc. I've got a full-time job running errands for everybody. I'm just trying to find the proper balance of what time is used where ATM and it has been quite draining to say the least.

As a bunch of people have already said on Discord, this past week has been crap! I pray the future is nicer for everyone :)

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:11 am

I'll have something up tomorrow sometime, I apologize. This past week was rough between parents' stuff and dealing with my own health issues. Trying to snap out of the funk of it all and try to focus on the fun stuff. Sadly, I've had no time to plop myself down and write; more like part of my health issues won't allow me to plop down and write. But I digress.

Luckily, it looks like a lot of you are busy yourselves. How about we do a sound-off to make sure that everyone is still accounted for?

Cheers for now, I must sleep, or at least try to...

squadfather40
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Mercenary Soldier

Post by squadfather40 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:06 am

Deacon is happily waiting on his bunk...lol.

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:11 am

Zoe is sad because her bunk is likely gone.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:57 pm

King Atom, Royal Wrecker of R'aal, could do with some more sleep.

Riversisariver
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Guardsman

Post by Riversisariver » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:35 pm

Tisp needs his hematoma checked out.

Olligarchy
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite
User Class: Noble

Post by Olligarchy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:42 am

AdamDaBomb11 wrote:Zoe is sad because her bunk is likely gone.
Ea would offer to share... 8-)
Reznak * Artys ** Henry ** Orin

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:07 pm

Wish I would have shared these past few days with you guys. An old friend came down from PA to kidnap me and one other from our old gaming group to go fishing, drinking, feasting, and gaming for our birthdays (we're all within about a week-and-a-half of each other's) and I'm seriously feeling the aftereffects of it all :)

Let me try to sober up and find lunch, then I'll work on finishing up my post(s) as sobriety lets me.

Cue Danny Glover...

"I'm getting too old for this shit."

The feces part being staying up for all hours and imbibing way too much hooch :evil: