Rant Room (OOC)

The OOC Forum for the Starknight Academy game.

Moderator: Eanwulf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Rant Room (OOC)

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:26 pm

Got a new internal hard drive to replace the dying one. Will be a day or two before Windows, Office , PS and all that are replaced/installed. Still however, the PC likes my cellphone whereas the laptop does not LOL.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Riversisariver
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Guardsman

Post by Riversisariver » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:54 pm

wooooooooooooo

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:29 pm

*Patiently awaits his turn to do something in this conflict.* Lol.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:16 am

I totally feel each of your pains and do apologize for being so damned verbose and taking so long to resolve stuff. I just want you all to know WTF to expect from here on out and know that you can use the Danger Room OOC to handle any questions you might have regarding what all you can and cannot do, etc.

By all means look up stuff on the internet and read the core rules. Feel free to use this thread to ask related questions in advance even. I just want to help you learn the game is all :)
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Riversisariver
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Guardsman

Post by Riversisariver » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:36 am

No biggie brother!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:43 am

Just read HERE that Cam Banks and some of his colleagues purchased the legal rights and licensing materials for Margaret Weis' Cortex system. As such, they will eventually be doing a relaunch of some of their old games in addition to handling any new sourcebooks for existing games starting at the beginning of the year 2017 onward.

Though Marvel may continue to be a stickler with their property rights, there is nothing saying that Cam's studio is unable to develop their own Supers setting and relaunch the Marvel Heroic rules (updated and more streamlined over years of player input) as something else.

He LOVED helping to create that game and loathed the loss of it's property rights! My gut instinct tells me that as long as the business does well, we might eventually see another super hero game of some kind made available for purchase down the line.

@TetNak and the others may even see the release of a Battlestar Galactica and/or Firefly relaunch as well!
Who knows...
:)

squadfather40
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Mercenary Soldier

Post by squadfather40 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:14 pm

Eanwulf wrote:Just read HERE that Cam Banks and some of his colleagues purchased the legal rights and licensing materials for Margaret Weis' Cortex system. As such, they will eventually be doing a relaunch of some of their old games in addition to handling any new sourcebooks for existing games starting at the beginning of the year 2017 onward.

Though Marvel may continue to be a stickler with their property rights, there is nothing saying that Cam's studio is unable to develop their own Supers setting and relaunch the Marvel Heroic rules (updated and more streamlined over years of player input) as something else.

He LOVED helping to create that game and loathed the loss of it's property rights! My gut instinct tells me that as long as the business does well, we might eventually see another super hero game of some kind made available for purchase down the line.

@TetNak and the others may even see the release of a Battlestar Galactica and/or Firefly relaunch as well! Who knows...
:)
Very nice!!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:16 pm

Having conversed with some of you and posted on the other threads, I wanted to take the time now to try and explain why things are as overly-complex as they have been.

Simply put, if it isn't already quite apparent, this game is all about creating a colorful narrative when you try to perform an action and/or reaction. The system itself leaves a lot to the players' imaginations and my own. I'm trying to take the time now in what should be a scary introduction to the system to try and help you figure out how to rationalize a particular set of traits in your posting.

We should all be trying to incorporate our proposed traits into both the narrative itself as well as some kind of essential and comprehensive description of why you feel this particular trait or that one would/should be included. If you've read through the core rules at any length or even the cheat sheets, you'll see that there is quite a bit one can do in any particular given round.

Sure, the mechanics might be simple enough; i.e. I want to try and hurt this guy, help that one, create a helpful tool or hindering one for so-and-so, etc. the actual process of understanding it all well enough to put into prose properly can be a bit cumbersome to digest.

That's where the elaborately designed Danger Room comes in. I shall be using it to handle what would normally jotted down on note cards or given out as tokens at a tabletop game. It has already been updated and edited several times since its creation and will hopefully aid us immensely. I've even placed a LAST EDITED BY tag at bottom it.

In the end, once this gawd-awful combat is over with, my deepest prayers and wishes are that you guys shall now know what to do when playing your characters and creating their posts.

Does this make sense to you all and are there any questions or comments? Other than the obvious "Is it my turn yet?" ones that is :P

I truly want to help!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Seems like @squadfather40 is sick and @Olligarchy and @Trogdor are swamped with work. I'll PM them ASAP and move along if need be to keep things flowing. It's stalled beyond molasses as is.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:44 pm

Trogdor wrote:BTW, how are we tracking PPs? Those will go up and down as a fight progresses. Even at this early stage, I'm getting confused. I think I'll have 3 PP so far, but I want to make certain.
Good question, though it was answered already in my multitude of recent posts.

If you go to THE DANGER ROOM THREAD you shall see where the Combat OOC of our various Events will be held.

There, you will find one for our current Event THE LONGEST NIGHT easy enough.

At the beginning of the Thread, you will find out basic setup for each of the Event's Acts as they occur. There will ALSO be a Master Chart for handling all of the assorted items acquired, removed, and needed to be known as a particular Act or Scene is handled.

This is where your PP and other items are being annotated.
It even has the last time that it was edited at the bottom in asterix.

HERE IS A LINK to the first part of our current Event's thread. You'll see the stuff that I am talking about as the second post made there.

Long story short, the Danger Room OOC will be where all of your characters' Traits will be held.
Hope this helps!