Rant Room (OOC)

The OOC Forum for the Starknight Academy game.

Moderator: Eanwulf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Rant Room (OOC)

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm

@AdamDaBomb11 @JohnnyWeird @Olligarchy @Riversisariver @squadfather40 @Trogdor
I've gone ahead and sped up things to reflect your relative 'busyness' in current real-life. The comments I've made are over in the Danger Room portion of the game and once I manage to find the time to put it all into prose, shall do so ASAP and see who's going next.

As is, it should be either @AdamDaBomb11 or @Riversisariver so be on the lookout and try to hopefully have an Action of your own already planned out!

It's not like you haven't had 'time' enough to do so already...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:27 pm

Trogdor wrote:Also, Kuri will be having a little chat with Vester'Naur after this is over about courtesy and using mind control on allies. All Kuri did was evacuate some innocents. Hardly reason to try and control his mind.
All good. TBPH I'd expect no less, even despite the fact that the poor girl is already torn inside emotionally and only trying to do what she believes is 'best' for everyone. Still however, it probably beats her suddenly filling the room with fire and brimstone :twisted:

Still however, it does make things difficult for me and you lot when party members start trying to impose what is in all honesty a 'negative' application of their powers on other party members if the scenario doesn't absolutely call for it, i.e. a villain mind controls the party's tank and then has him attack other players. Even then, I'd expect the HERO inside each of you to truly manifest itself in those types of situations!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Just in case you haven't noticed, I've done some recent additions and other modifications to the game forum. First off is an addition to an on-site list of Marvel Heroic For Dummies rules summary over in the DANGER ROOM READ FIRST section. It should now show you a rather easy-to-read version of the rules mechanics and when/where/how to handle most of your gaming needs. It should be updated periodically as I try to think of what all bases should be covered. Still however, it's nice to have something HERE you can reference to as opposed to flipping around to this Dropbox Folder or that one.

In addition to this new summary, I have also updated the GLOSSOGRAPHY with a helpful list of commonly used Game Terms and reformatted it a bit.

Likewise, I have also started to include a LINK TO CURRENT COMBAT VALUES at the bottom of each of my in-game posts to help you find your way over to the much needed list of Who has X amount of PP, established Assets, Complications, Stress and Trauma levels, as well as other assorted goodies.

Heck, I've even begun to update the WIKI LINKI TAVI PAGE in order to put together a master list of helpful links to the aforementioned items as well as our basic Core Rules, etc.

All-in-all, I hope you find the materials to be most helpful in assisting you with the game!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:28 pm

Been working on general racial power templates for our alien races. Helps a lot when trying to stat them out as Watcher Characters.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:28 pm

For those of you wondering, @Riversisariver and I had a long talk on Discord last night. I am merely waiting for him to finish up his narrative and post it.

Riversisariver
Level 3
Level 3
User Class: Guardsman

Post by Riversisariver » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Done

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:20 pm

So @Riversisariver AoE'd the room with a (Zero)Gravity related Complication and tried to make it stick to everyone in the room save himself. Hmmm...

Looking over the SFX it seems perfectly doable. You essentially create a concussive grenade type effect that erupts inside of the room - centered on Wrath with ripples of gravimetric force around him- causing everything in the room to have their relative gravity fields manipulated about off and on to a state of perpetual 'weightlessness'.

Granted, the notion of 'affecting' other players comes across as WTF!? to some, the act itself could very well diffuse the entire encounter and put an end to this tutorial. Something I don't think any of us would mind at this point and juncture. But please bear in mind however, as aforementionedly stated, we are supposed to be working 'together' and not out just for ourselves. Something @Riversisariver and I spoke about on Discord - given the nature of his character - and I hope that everyone else in the group feels that this is an issue which is totally understandable.

This initial encounter is designed to be a Tutorial and the actions thus far are perfectly reasonable (IMO) as they reflect your heroes' ignorance and inexperience of working together as a 'team'; not to mention they colorfully portray the sheer chaos of everyone trying to be the 'lone wolf' all games seems to suffer. Learn from this ordeal and strive to do better things as a whole! My final overall comment.
Image Read that Second SFX title :)
Now seeing how your Complication's Total is rather high and if successful, will put Wrath at @ D12+ Complication and as such, the essentially KO'd equivalent; I shall first see if he might actually be able to resist the maneuver before even trying to start 'think' about asking players for anything further such as 'how' do you try and resist this maneuver; i.e. he might effectively 'end the scene' with his attempt.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:05 pm

Yes I'm writing, it's just a lot and real life won't stop ringing the phone or knocking at the door. Should have things finished sometime today. Also banged my shin and tore a nice little chunk out of it too. Not cool either, given my medical history; blood of a jackal and all...

So far so good however, on all fronts.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:52 pm

Got distracted by a mandated tissue swab and a couple of injections to ensure my shin's boo-boo doesn't go all Patient-Zero on me. Then a former co-worker showed up with free beer and pizza to catch up on things. Post finished up today around lunchtime.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:38 pm

I edited the last post in game that I added to include a spot for you to respond to the current action. Please do so and I shall move on to the next scene as able, accordingly.

Feel free to read the Danger Room OOC on what all has happened as well. Long story short, let's NOT attack other players in future encounters. It's simply not worth it in the long run :D