Prelude: The Grand Design

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Prelude: The Star Port

Post by Hermit » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Onichi, like Cander is similarly impressed by Vashu's skills at work, miming a congratulatory clap in recognition of the Togrutan slicer's success. "Sounds like a capital idea," replies the Pantoran encouragingly at Vashu's urging to continue their stealthy progress towards their intended destination.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:19 pm

"I'm on board." He pauses, wincing at the bad humor. "Well, let's get aboard, and away from this dump." He keeps his eyes peeled for any guards turning back, or other signs that they have security incoming.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:02 pm

The three dart through the security check point, which is now unmanned. You race across the open yard toward the various hangers. Cander points the way, leading the three of you as you race across the open space. You dart through one of the open doors that leads into a round building where the ship is parked. Image You enter through one of the doors and pause a moment, there across the bay is Cander's ship. It is not very impressive, nor very large. Image
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:35 am

Cander points to his ship. "She's not much, but she can fly. And that's a lot more than I can do by flapping my arms and hoping. She'll get us off planet and somewhere else."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:33 pm

"That sounds like a good start," says Vashu. "Let's move before someone figures out what we're up to."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:00 pm

"You!"

There is a shout, a slightly modulated voice through a mask filter shout.

"You! What are you up to? This area is closed down."

Four figures, one in the lead, moves into view from around the side of the ship.

Their white armor is unmistakable.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Vashu puts her hands in the air and says, "What? Really? We didn't see any guards or anything. I'm sorry--we didn't mean to break any rules. We were just in a bit of a rush because we find out an old friend of ours is very ill, well, really, on his death bed." She lets some of the very real grief she feels onto her face. "I'm sorry--we just want to be able to see him before it's too late." She's lied online often enough--it flows into face-to-face contact easily enough. She doubts the storm troopers will let them on Cander's ship in response to a sob story, but it might lead them to let their guard down and buy them some time.
Cunning/ Deception: http://orokos.com/roll/540192: 1eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat
ImageImageImageImageImage

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:22 pm

One of the Stormtroopers lowers his weapon some, "How did you even get in here? Those damn guards are useless at the gate." The others nod, looking their noses down at the locals, "Useless," one agrees.

"Doesn't matter what your problem is, all traffic into and out of this spaceport is shut down by Imperial order. You aren't going any place." They basically lower their weapons, believing your story, and thinking you no thread.

One of them steps forward a bit, tilts his head, "Hey, do I know you?" He's clearly eyeing Vashu now with intent.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:19 pm

The smuggler plays delibrately obtuse, playing along. "Maybe. I dock here frequently." He points at the small freighter. "That's mine right there. You said we can't leave, and that's fine. Can I at least get my stuff out of my locker? I hadn't anticipated staying this long, and a man needs more than a couple changes of clothes to live on."
Continuing our Deception rolls, trying to thoroughly confuse / distract them, so when this devolves into combat we get some solid bonuses to start.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Vashu says to the storm trooper, "Ah, maybe? Storm troopers sometimes take a little R&R with me, but I can't tell if you're one of them with the helmet on. Or maybe you saw me with one your buddies." She puts on a performance of trying to appear saucy and seductive, but deliberately failing because she's distracted by grief. She wipes tears from her eyes, and says, "Sorry--not in the mood for that now, but, yeah, if we could get our belongings off the ship, maybe I can pay you back later on."