Prelude: The Grand Design

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Prelude: The Star Port

Post by Hermit » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:19 am

Onichi for his part believes his compatriots are handling the exchange fairly well and opts for a less vocal role in this improvisation of their original plan. Contrary to the ocean of calm within himself, the Pantoran feigns a meek and nervous exterior that implies intimidation by the very presence of these troopers.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:10 pm

:ys: :yss: :gb: :pf: :ptt: :blkt:

Results

:suc: :suc: :thr: :thr: :thr:
The Stormtrropers consider, "Alright, one of you can go up and get your things. You, the quite one. Go ahead." He motions at Onichi. "You two will stay here."

One of the other Stormtroops saddles up to Vashu, "Pleasure Patron are you?" He moves up close to her, and reaches out, runs an armored finger down her check, "Not bad, not my type, you aliens are always too green for me, but I know someone that would like the way you look. Why don't you come with me after this, and I'll introduce you to him."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:43 pm

Vashu finds herself hoping the Cander's ship has guns that Onichi can fire at the stormtroopers. Things were going to get ugly regardless, but at least that way, most of the ugliness might be suffered by the stormtroopers.

Vashu puts on a grin and says, "Sure. I would be grateful to you for introducing me to new clientel. And stormtroopers tend to be more ... impressive than many of my other customers."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Hermit » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:38 pm

Still keeping up with the act, Onichi gives points to himself with a nervously puzzled look, then nods shakily when it is clear that the troopers have ordered him specifically to head into the ship under the pretense of 'gathering their things'. Seemingly relieved to be given a reason to distance himself from the stormtroopers, the Pantoran's worried expression seems to relax somewhat as he begins to briskly make his way to the docked vessel.

The moment he is confident that the troopers are unable to see his face does a smug look cross the detective's azure features, though it flickers into one of genuine disgust at overhearing one of the trooper's assumption of Vashu's occupation and the salacious suggestion that follows. Though far from some paragon of decency himself (as his own private collection of... 'material' back at his office would attest to), Onichi still fancies himself respectful enough not to treat women in such a crude fashion.

Pushing his sympathies aside for Vashu's current predicament, Onichi focuses on the task at hand and briskly closes the final few feet to Cander's ship before finding the panel/switch/(thingamabob that opens the shuttle hatch) to gain entry.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:46 pm

Onichi crosses the yard to the ship, and the panel that open the loading ramp. Of course the ship is locked up, Cander doesn't park his ship in a place like this without locking it up tight. So Onichi stands before the 9 digit key pad that unlocks the ramp.

Vashnu strokes the ego of the Stormtrooper if nothing else, and he seems pleased with himself.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:24 am

Vashu sees Onichi standing at the door and turns to Cander, saying in an annoyed voice, "I think the idiot's forgotten the pass code again."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:24 pm

Cander rolls his eyes, keeping up the charade. He hadn't told anyone else the pass code, since, well, it's his damn ship, and he's the one who keeps it secure. "I'm sure it'll come to him eventually." He puts on a lascivious smile. "Although that gives you more time to talk shop with your new friends here." Hopefully keeping the attention on Vashu gives Onichi the chance to really blindside the Stormtroopers, and then he can try to help as well.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: The Grand Design

Post by Hermit » Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:23 pm

Onichi stands before the ship, pretending to pore over the keypad intently whilst keeping his ears tuned in to the overall flow of conversation behind him. Only bits and pieces can be picked up, but a fleeting glance serves to confirm his suspicion that the two troopers have turned their backs to him. Though there had been no planning ahead of time, no cues or signals to pick up on, Onichi is fairly certain that the situation warrants a fairly straightforward solution without a necessarily intricate stratagem in mind.

Opting for a measure of discretion in his next move, the detective makes a casual 180, an azure hand calmly withdrawing a blaster pistol from a hidden holster cleverly sewn into the inside of his jacket. In lieu of his casual smile is a blank look, only briefly inclining his head towards his associates before leveling his pistol in the direction of the unaware troopers and, after a momentary jerk of his head to signal the two of them to get out of the direct line of fire, depresses his finger against the trigger.
Aim (2 maneuvers to boost the combat check by 2), then let loose on one of the troopers, doesn't matter to me which one.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Vashu pulls her blaster pistol from where it is concealed in her robes and opens fire into the stormtrooper's face.
Maneuver: Aim: +1 Boost Die
Action: Ranged--Light with light blaster pistol vs. stormtrooper
http://orokos.com/roll/546333: 1eP+1eA+1eB+1eD 3 successes
ImageImageImageImage
Damage: 5

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:14 pm

Seeing Onichi making his move, Cander pulls his concealed blaster pistol out as well, and tries to help add to the damage. He's really not much in the way of a killer, but he knows which end is supposed to point forward.
Double Maneuver as well (+2 Boost Die), spending 2 Strain. Action: Ranged-Light attack with blaster pistol. Roll is 2 Green / 2 Blue. Damage 6 base.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."