Prelude: Forced Labor

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Docking Hangar Security Door

Post by Eilandor » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:41 pm

Gavin looks at the console, then out of the window and spots some fuel barrels. "That will be plan b." Focusing on the console, he turns a dial to the right, flips a toggle switch to the up position, then taps at a few of the on-screen prompts.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:51 pm

"I am programmed for security, not computer operations." K5 lets Navine know he won't be doing any slicing. "I did process fuel barrels in the hanger. They could be used to damage the security field, allowing us a point of exit. The droid stands in the back of the cockpit, overlooking Gavin and Navine getting the ship ready to fly. "I recommend haste. The Imperial presence surely have been alerted by now."
Well, @Vardaen, my posts lengths are generally the same as other players in this game. Just matching that.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:04 pm

Gavin moves to the panel and flips a switch, turns a dial, and then bangs on the console, and there is a hum and beep beep. Gavin smiles as the security field shimmers and falls open. That's the moment the alarm goes off. The door to the hangar area is blown open, and a squad of about eight Stormtroopers move into the hangar weapons out blasters firing!
:gsa: :gs: :gss: :pf: :ptt: = :suc: :suc: :suc: :thr:
Navine shouts, "Hold on!"

The ship is hit several times, and rocks to the side as she gets it airborne. She punches the engine, blasting back wash into the troopers who are bowled over. Then out of the hangar and clear of the asteroid you go! In a moment she pulls down on the hyperspace controls and *pwfffh* you are free.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:09 pm

"We have made the jump to light speed," K5 says. "Their ability to track us is severely limited unless there is a tracer on board." K5's head swivels toward Navine for a moment. "Unlikely," the droid finally says.

K5 queries, "Where are we going?" The droid tries to read the navigation display to determine, "This ship should be jettisoned as soon as reasonable. The Empire will quickly learn this ship's signature and will begin the process of having informants and spies look for it." The droid then says, quite bluntly, "And why were they looking for you, Navine?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Navine leans back and puts her feet up on the dash. "Me? You know, little of this little of that. Mostly smuggling and stealing from the Empire. They don't like it when you steal a case of thermal detonators and sell them to the Hutts." Something on the display starts to beep, a warning sound.

She leans forward with a start, "Shit, check that panel!" She flips and twists and bangs on the console, "Looks like they hit our fuel cells on the way out of the hangar!" She punches in some calculations, "We are going far, I know one place within range of what we have before we are a drift, Nar Shaada."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:50 pm

K5 looks at the sensor beeping. "Nar Shaada?" The droid pauses for a split second and states, "I would recommend against such a place if possible, master. You may be in more dangers among the Hutts than even the Empire." K5 stands behind the two pilot chairs and watches the going-ons in front of him while Navine attempts to pilot the ship successfully.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:46 pm

Gavin collects himself after losing his balance from the ship taking some damage as well as the jump to hyperspace. He is about to mention to their pilot to not get cocky, when the alarm goes off. "Fuel cell damage? It's just one thing after another." Gavin looks at K5 upon mention of Nar Shaada. He himself had never heard of it. "Hutts! I fear you may be right, but with the ships damage we may have little choice. Navine, are there any other options within range?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:10 pm

She nods, "Sure plenty, you don't mind if we land in the middle of Imperial held territory right? I'm sure they won't have broadcast arrest warrants yet over the holonet. Which one would you like? Certain death by firing squad planet, or Imperial work camp planet?" She winks.

"I'm going to Nar Shaada, you can go any place you like after that."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:25 pm

Admittedly, Navine's tone is starting to ware on the young padawan but as she helped them get off the mining rock, he endures it. "Very well then. I ask a simple favor when we reach Nar Shaada. Let's keep the whole lightsaber jedi thing to ourselves."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Into the Great Beyond

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:10 pm

"What lightsaber Jedi thing?" She smiles, and inhales deeply. "I better do a status check on our supplies, this isn't my ship, no idea if we have enough food or water or sleeping quarters to make it. I guess we can always share." She double checks a control panel then heads off in the ship as it hurdlers through space heading for Nar Shaada.
Alright! Chapter End! I'll work on getting the next chapter/combo thread up and running after lunch