Episode I: Smuggler's Moon

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:40 pm

Star Wars
Episode I: Nar Shaddaa
The Smuggler's Moon
"I'm quite mad and even I know that you don't want to lie down in an alley on Nar Shaddaa.
The sort of diseases we have here won't bother killing you slowly.
They'll just punch you in the face and steal your arms.
Do you have any idea what price a disease can get for arms?"
―Dray to Finn Galfridian

Two ships, with different passengers, on different courses, from different planets skim in over the skyscape of Nar Shaddaa the Smuggler's Moon. The timing of such different ships both arriving on this moon of all places at about the same time is serendipitous. Some would call it lucky, others fate, but the wise call it The Will of the Force that brings these two vessels here now.

From Roxuli a damaged cargo shuttle breaks out of hyperspace above the moon and banks uneasily down toward a section of the towered city as close as possible for those inside. The fuel tanks are damaged, leaking, and the ship is about to sputter out and give up its controls if Navine, a young hot shot smuggler, the pilot, can't get her to a docking pad pronto. Gavin and K5, both strapped in, watch out the front view port.

Thokos sent off the small ship piloted by a Clawdite named Cander. He had taken on two passengers, one he knew, one he didn't. Either way he left Thokos under Imperial fire and had to get clear of any Imperial presence and fast. There was a man in Nar Shaddaa he knew that owed him a favor, and he was going to call it in: a place to dock and lay low for a bit. So the ship banked as it came out of hyperspace and plunged down into the smog of the moon. Vashu and Onichi gaze out the port side windows at the blur of the city.
Nar Shaddaa was the largest moon of Nal Hutta. More commonly known as the Vertical City, the Smugglers' Moon and Little Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa was similar to Coruscant in that its surface was entirely overgrown with city sprawl for millennia. But unlike Coruscant—which was only relatively rundown and dangerous on the lower and under levels of the world city—Nar Shaddaa was filthy, polluted, and infested with crime everywhere. Nevertheless Nar Shaddaa remained the most important financial and trading center of Hutt Space.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Nar_Shaddaa/Legends
Image Image
Welcome to the combined thread! We'll bounce back and forth among you guys for a short bit but then get together. Also if you haven't posted in this thread, please do so ASAP.

viewtopic.php?f=975&t=9003

Reminder

Age of the Empire

19 BBY Clone Wars Ends - Anakin Skywalker is anointed Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. Order 66 wipes out the Jedi Order and nearly all Jedi.

19 BBY - Skywalkers, and Bridger are born.

5 BBY - Star Wars Rebels (Cartoon) Begins

3 BBY - Star Wars Inquisition (Our Game) Begins
3 BBY - Princess Leia Organa supplies three Hammerhead corvettes to Phoenix Squadron on Lothal.

Phoenix Squadron gains safe passage through the Concord Dawn system from the Journeyman Protectors.

Rediscovery of the Lasat homeworld of Lira San.

A Mining Guild Asteroid Belt Gas Refinery on an unidentified planetoid by the Spectres with the help of a purgill herd.

The Spectres with the help of the Ryloth freedom fighters led by Cham Syndulla hijacked an Imperial bomber carrier.

Ambush on an Imperial construction module above Geonosis; Garazeb Orrelios and Agent Kallus form an unlikely friendship on Bahryn.

Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger are ambushed by the two Inquisitors on Oosalon while scouting for a rebel base.

Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka Tano head to the Lothal Jedi Temple to seek guidance on from Master Yoda to defeating Darth Vader and his servants.

Attack on the rebel fleet; Chopper and AP-5 helped the rebellion to discover the planet Atollon.

Phoenix Squadron established Chopper Base on Atollon; Rex and the Spectres secure the base against krykna.

Mission to Malachor - Kanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, and Chopper travel to Malachor. There, they forge a temporary alliance with the former Sith apprentice Maul to fight several Inquisitors and to obtain a Sith holocron containing knowledge on how to defeat the Sith.

Ezra, Kanan, and Ahsoka confront Darth Vader.

Destruction of the Malachor Sith temple; Ezra, Kanan, and Chopper escape back to Atollon.

Vader survives the Sith temple's destruction, and Ahsoka is presumed dead.
0 BBY - Jedha City is destroyed by the Death Star. (Star Wars Rogue One Movie)

Galactic Civil War - Episode IV and beyond

Wait for another few posts from me.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:55 pm

"There!" Navine points out the main view port to the starboard side of the shuttle, "See that little pad there, that's where we are heading. I know a guy who knows a guy that knows a... well you get the idea, that runs that place. We can see if he can help us, trade in this hunk for some credits and a place to lie low."

The shuttle's aft engine then blows! There is an explosion, fire and smoke, then there is a kick and a lurch of the ship to the port, the whole thing banks so hard that everyone is thrown down. "Shhhhi..." Navine smacks her head hard on the support column and blacks out. Without the pilot the shuttle careens terrible off course and plunges toward the dark allies and broken streets of the Smuggler's Moon at a break neck pace!

Cander brings his ship down towards a darker section of the moon, one of the places where he's smuggled in and out plenty of things including more than a few cases of illegal Trandoshan brandy. The seedy districts lit with bright lights and scrolling marques are left behind as his ship swoops through the crumbling and run down section of the already crumbling and run down section of this part of the city. "Hold on!" Cander shouts as a proximity alarm buzzes and he's forced to pull up as a smoking husk of a shuttle goes careening past nearly colliding with the ship. Vashu and Onichi are nearly thrown to the ground from the sharp maneuver but they hold on.

A light on the vid screen starts to flash, the beacon for the small landing pad nearby comes on. The trio are almost there.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:20 am

K5 roughly removes Navine from the pilot's seat. He sits down where she was only moments before without any hint of grace. "My primary functions are not piloting! My secondary functions are not piloting!" His head swivels to Gavin, "Surviving a crash from this altitude has a less than five percent success rate, for you, I have a fifty-five percent likelihood of being damaged, but operational. For your sake, master, find a way to land the ship. My circuits are at your disposal."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:36 pm

Letting out a panicked yelp at the sudden jerk of the vessel, Onichi only barely keeps himself from violently spilling out of his chair by digging his fingers into the armrests. As though prematurely answering the question that burns at the forefront of the Pantoran's mind, massive trails of smoke indicate the haphazard passage of a damaged craft as it makes an uncontrolled descent into the seedy streets below them. "The hell is going on," Onichi asks aloud to no one in particular, heart pounding frantically. "I know this is Nar Shaddaa and all, but this is ridiculous!"

"Mind landing this bird, maybe soon, yeah? I'd rather not have to worry about any other flaming wrecks ramming into us on the way down," says Onichi, knuckles growing a pale blue from the unrelenting death grip on the upholstery of the armrests.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:09 pm

Vashu gives an undignified yelp as she clings to her chair. "Well, this is an unauspicious sign to greet us upon our arrival," she mutters. She turns to the banks of the ship's computers and looks over the readouts, checking to see if there is any data that might help us. "Do we want to establish a fake identity for the ship once we land? We should probably get some fake IDs for ourselves--this may be Hutt territory, but there could soon be Imperial bounties on our heads and bounty hunters know no borders."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Cander grits his teeth as the shuttle's pitch jerks heavily upwards. In his mind's eye he imagines the other pilot barely noticing him, but for a few choice curse words and a vile gesture. After a few seconds he is able to level out the shuttle again, and continue on to the landing pad. "Fake IDs will be nice, but no huge hurry. In this area in particular, no one is going to be checking IDs. Name yourself the Emperor for all anyone will care." He pulls back on the throttle, easing the ship towards the berth.

"Also, always been meaning to officially name this damn hunk of junk. It's got a transponder code, of course. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Sarcastic Glory, or Glittering Garbage Scow. You know, something that really describes it well."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:00 pm

Vashu says, "It is your ship, so you may name it as you please, but it just saved our lives back on Thokos. Maybe something kinder like ... The Last Way Out?"

She gazes out the window contemplatively. "Well, this is the first time I've been on a planet like this. I'll want to see if I can make any contacts here, but I don't think I want to go running off alone." She turns to the other two. "Though you've done more than enough in saving me back on Thokos, so if you want to send me on my way, I will understand." She clearly hopes you won't though.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:50 am

The Clawdite seems to have an internal monologue that likely involves a solid amount of cursing, but then shakes his head in the negative. "No. For a number of reasons in fact. First, this is a rough neighborhood, so going alone at all isn't a good career move. Second, my contact will fleece me less if I appear to be in a position of strength, or at least not desperate weakness." His eyes narrow, and he pats the small blaster in his pocket. "And third, some ass-hats just ran us all out of town. They're going to need some payback, one of these days."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Inquisitive by nature, Gavin had been watching all of Navine's movements up until being knocked unconscious. Not a true pilot himself, he is not completely without the skill necessary. As the ship continues to plunge, he unclasps his harness and orders K5 to take the co-pilot chair. Now in the main chair, he grabs the yoke which is violently shaking and tries to steady it. "K5! Do something about those flashing lights and alarms while I try to pull us out of this nose dive!"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:16 pm

K5 looks at the flashing lights and bashes the console with his fist. Sparks fly up from the front panel as they descend dangerously toward the surface of the moon.

The droid does not look particularly helpful after bashing the console, just watching dead-eye'd as they plummet. "I suggest strapping yourself in, master."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name