Episode I: Smuggler's Moon

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

The Data Center

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:20 am

Cander holds up a few datapads, wiggling them in the air before pocketing them. "Maybe there'll be something juicy on one of these too. Hopefully it's not just somebody's shopping lists, or correspondence course homework. That'd be just lovely." He wanders back to where Vashu is, and decides not to throw in any colorful commentary. The lass looks like she's stressed out enough as is.

He instead turns to the droid, looking him up and down. "So ... K5. Long time no see. Where have you been since we last ran in to each other. And by the way, I hid some hacked data inside of you. So, you know, I'd like to get that back at some point. I'm sure we can download it later. How'd you end up in that crashed shuttle?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

The Data Center

Post by Hermit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:07 am

Confident enough in letting the Togrutan work her techno-wizardry on the databanks, Onichi pays attention mostly to the other members of the team, particularly the dialogue beginning to unfold between K5 and Cander, who, unbeknownst to him until just now, appears to have had prior interactions with the large droid.

Determining what might be the best way to inject himself into this conversation and satisfy his own suspicions about K5 and Gavin, the detective waits for the lull following Cander's query to supplement it with what piecemeal knowledge he's gleaned thus far from observation and interactions. "That's a fine question scales. If you don't mind I have a question or two of my own to add to that as well."

Looking over to K5 and Gavin, the Pantoran's expression and tone seem casual, yet are immediately offset by the analytical intensity in his yellow eyes. "I didn't get a good enough look at the markings on your shuttle, but the design of the craft itself suggests it probably belonged to some mining outfit or the like. I also noted signs of blaster fire along the hull, particularly one of the engine pods, which I'm guessing is what led us to finding you in the sorry state you were in."

His gaze homes in on Gavin at this point. "I have a theory or two as to who the culprit is and perhaps even the why, but I won't tug any further on that thread for now. Instead, seeing as we're all supposed to be working together on this, I was thinking in the spirit of cooperation, one of you might fill me in on how you already knew that this guy's a jedi," He asks quietly with a momentary glance in the direction of Cander and Vashu.
To my knowledge, it was never explicitly mentioned that Onichi knew that Gavin was a jedi, let alone met or knew about him prior to encountering him at the crash site. If someone wishes to correct me on this, please let me know and I'll edit accordingly.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The Data Center

Post by Muskrat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Vashu looks up from what she is doing, startled by Onichi's words. "I've worked with Gavin once before," she says. "It's one of the few other times my job as a spy took me out in the field instead of just slicing data at my desk. It got rather ... messy. To make a long story short, it ended with us hiding the body of Imperial Inquisitor. I figured that it was Gavin's choice whether or not to reveal himself as a Jedi, considering that the Empire has a price on their heads." She sounds somewhat defensive.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Data Center

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:01 pm

K5 turns his head toward Cander, "Ah yes, I have attempted to access that part of my memory banks, but your encryption has been rather resistant to my attempts. I would be, please, to be rid of that data. It is taking up valuable memory space."

He considers more of Cander's comments, "It has not actually been that long when you consider the life span of your species and my immortality."

K5 replies to Onichi, "It was in fact a mining shuttle that we illegal appropriated in order to escape a Imperial contingent of Stormtroopers. They did not take kindly to that attempt and shot at us damaging the ship."

The data Vashu is downloading in nearly finished.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

The Data Center

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:40 am

Cander blinks, then nods. "Well then, it's sounding more and more like everyone here has had some negative run-ins with the Empire." He looks around, looking for any disagreements. "Huh, well then. Sounds like once we can sit down for a drink, there are going to be some interesting tales to tell. And yes, K5, I'd be happy to get that out of your databanks. Good to get back that memory space."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The Data Center

Post by Eilandor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:32 pm

Looking over Vashu's shoulder, Gavin can see that the download is nearly complete. He holds up his blaster and the hilt of his lightsaber, then looks at Onichi. "I know everyone has a price, but I don't suspect any of you are going to turn me in?" Smiling, "I'm better with this than a blaster, albeit my effort in the corridor might not inspire much confidence in that statement."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Data Center

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:14 pm

*WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

The download completes and trips a security measure that Vashu has no idea was there!

The klaxons are blaring now! Lights are flashing in the halls, and every screen is going into lock down with flashing red symbols on it. Vashu has what you came for but the bantha poodoo just hit the fan.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The Data Center

Post by Eilandor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Gavin stows his weapons and rests a hand on Vashu's shoulder, "Just like old times. Let's get out of here"
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The Data Center

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:33 am

Vashu's already red face flushes darker in embarrassment at tripping the alarm. "Indeed," she says, stashing her slicer gear and the data in her voluminous, formal robes. "Let's get out of here and then we can have that conversation Cander was talking about."

ManWithDoor

The Data Center

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:47 am

"Damn it all." He kicks the doorway as they rush through it. "I should have taken the time to try to morph into looking like one of the guards. Steal his clothing, mimic his face, and try to fake them out. Hindsight. Well, running time now."