Episode I: Smuggler's Moon

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

The Data Center

Post by Hermit » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:59 am

Onichi winces slightly at Vashu's defensiveness, looking to offer an apology just as the others offer their own commentary in response to his query. Filing away K5's response in particular, Onichi looks to Gavin with an uncharacteristically solemn look. "You have my word," says the Pantoran in a similarly somber tone to match.

Suddenly the klaxons give the detective a jolt with his body whirling to and fro before registering moments after the source of the noise and its probable cause. Try as he might to be frustrated with Vashu for bungling up in something she claims to be proficient in, the fact that they are all together due to some personal failing that haunts them to this day stills his thoughts and refocuses on the the task at hand.

"Shoulda woulda coulda, scales," remarks Onichi in that familiar glib manner of his to Cander over the blaring alarm. "Right then," his pistol seemingly appears magically into his hand, "Which way should we be making tracks?"
Last edited by Hermit on Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The Data Center

Post by Muskrat » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:08 am

Vashu says, "Well, the way we came in is the only way we know out. Let's hope there's not too many more guards between here and there."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Hot Pursuit

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:58 pm

The group races into the intersection where the first fight took place and looking back the way you came quickly becomes a non-option. A half dozen men, all wearing various pieces of armor emblazoned with the Black Sun's symbol on it are coming up the hall. "There they are!" one of them shouts, and without thinking about it both sides fire some blaster shots at the other. Its just enough of a distraction to let you race north along the hall.

The enemy is going to be on your tail in a moment, but for a few seconds you are clear and running down some side tunnel seeking shelter or an exit. K5's voice comments, with no hint of emotion or fear, "According to my study of the schematics there is an exit from the building in the northwest corner along this level."

The klaxons continue to blare overhead, and the Black Suns can't be far behind (blocking the way back the way you came.)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Hot Pursuit

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:37 pm

Vashu says to K5, "Well, then I think you had better take us there as quickly as possible. I don't fancy being captured by the Black Sun." She is trying to keep her tone light in order to keep own panic in check.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Hot Pursuit

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:40 pm

Cander makes some wild shots in the direction of the mercenaries, trying to keep them too cautious to run after them quickly. He sticks by K-5, comforted by the bulky metal of the droid. "Alright, we're going with your plan. We may be good, but they've got the numbers. Best get going as fast as possible."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Crates and Boxes: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:31 pm

"Follow me." He then takes off a run, its an odd lumbering run that clanks and bangs as he does, he's no stealth droid that's for certain. He take you along a passage or two, but stops and studies the hall. Then he knocks down a few crates piled up in front of a doorway that was obscuring the path. That delay is enough to bring a line of Black Sun's behind you, and a fire fight erupts among the scattered crates.

K5 continues to clear the blocked passage as you hold the line.

Cander, Onichi and Gavin...
Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Cander drops to his knees behind some boxes, then starts taking pot-shots of his own. The Black Suns probably aren't impatient or foolish enough to charge into the open, so he just has to delay until K-5 clears the way.
Looks like I've got some crates on my east side, maybe providing a cover bonus of +1 to Defense? Move Action - Aim at #2. Standard - Fire at #2 (2 Green, 1 Blue).
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:37 pm

More annoyed than scared by this unforeseen development with the boxes, Onichi places his back to a sturdy looking stack of crates only moments after another small detachment of Black Suns goons makes an appearance to harry their escape. Who the hell stacks boxes in front of a doorway? It wasn't like they were expecting anybody breaking into their joint or anything, is the thought that runs through the detectives head while simultaneously observing the progress of K5 and trading shots with the gangsters down the hallway.
I'm taking cover behind what I'm assuming to be a stack of crates just below my character (based on how the map is laid out) and will pretty much be mirroring what Cander is doing as far as actions taken.
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:01 pm

Gavin finds himself exposed in the hallway as the shooting begins. He sprints for the door alcove for a bit of cover. Drawing his blaster, he sighs then peeks out, aims and fires.
Move: SE S
Standard: Aim and Shoot at #2
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:27 pm

Round 1 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1

Round 2 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1
Cander kneels behind his cover, that should help, arms on the top of the crates he aims and fires into the shoulder of the enemy merc. He manages a nice strong hit that causes the man to flail a bit, out into the open.

Onichi slips into cover himself, the corner of the hall, which is sort of 'corrugated' here and there at regular intervals just deep enough to hide in. He fires too, and while he doesn't hit, he keeps the man pinned some, giving Gavin an nice shot.

Gavin too darts into cover, and with his own blaster he fire into the crate before the Black Sun Merc and blows the crate to pieces. The exploding crate sends bits and pieces all about, and that man is shaken up and out in the open now but that doesn't last long. He scrambles back around behind his allies into cover throwing himself against the wall behind an ally.

The other two Black Suns aim and fire using their crates as cover and to prop their arms on. One shoots just into the wall near to Gavin, putting some energy marks on the wall there and emboldening his ally. The other thug takes aim at Cander, and fires. Its a perfect shot that clips Cander on the shoulder and nearly fells the man! Cander is in bad bad shape now.

K5 keeps his focus on the crates, "It appears they did not wish for this entrance to be easily accessible. I require a few more moments to clear it." He slides crate sand boxes out of the way, tossing light ones, and pushing heavier ones.

Vashu, K5, and the rest of you...
Combat Round 1
Cander, Aim: Shoot #2: Success Advantage (Give +1 Blue to next guy): 7 - 1 Defense = 6 Wounds
Onichi, Move, Shoot #2: Failure, 2 Advantages (+1 Blue to you guys)
Gavin: Move, Shoot #2 1 Failure, 5 Advantages (+1 Blue to you guys, Shatter his cover!)
BS#1: Aim, Shoot Gavin: Failure, Advantage (+1 to ally)
BS#2 Move for Cover
BS#3: Aim, Shoot Cander: 4 success + threat! 10 Dmg - 1 cover Defense - 3 soak = 6 Wounds

K5 - Clears Part of Way

CANDER HAS 2 WOUNDS LEFT!