Episode I: Smuggler's Moon

In the final days of the Clone Wars Dark Lord of the Sith, Palpatine issued Order 66. The clone troopers throughout the galaxy turned on the Jedi and began killing them. Darth Vader marched on the Jedi Temple and with the 501st Legion eradicated the Jedi Order.

Yet not every Jedi was caught in the purge as a small number escaped into hiding. The Inquisitorius was born, Force-sensitive agents working for the Empire to hunt down the remaining Jedi and wipe them out. For nearly twenty years the Empire has expanded without Jedi opposition, until now...
Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Crates and Boxes: Round 1

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Gavin curses at his aim, "Hitting the crate was a stroke of luck." Looking down the corridor, he sees Candor take a nasty hit from an enemy blaster. Not sure if the man is still alive, Gavin stows his blaster and draws his lightsaber. Igniting the yellow blade, he steps into the corridor, takes a defensive stance and beckons the Black Sun thugs to focus on him.
Move: Stow Blaster, Draw Lightsaber, N NE
Standard: Activate Reflect (1 Rank)
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:41 pm

Vashu leans around the shelter she has hidden behind, pauses to take aim, and opens fire at the most accessible of the Black Sun guards.
Maneuver: Aim
Action: Attack: Agility/ Ranged--Light with light blaster pistol vs. ... I assume I can't hit guard #3 given the position of the two of us. If I can, I attack him. If not, I aim for guard #1.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 pm

Cander collapses behind the boxes, his entire right shoulder a blackened mess. His edgy leather outfit is ruined, and whatever low-profile armor he was wearing beneath it isn't looking like it's nearly enough to protect the scaly flesh beneath it. He reaches into a pocket and pulls out a stimpack. He uncaps the needle, takes a steady breath, and jams it into the wound. He cries out in pain, the sound having a disturbing undercurrent of hissing to it.

After a moment he seems to get his composure back, and props himself back up. "Die in a fire, you bastards! Do you have any idea how much this leather cost me? Do you?" He blasts back in the general direction of the Black Suns. "Well I'm going to take it out of your hides! And I'm not being figurative!"
Move Action: Stimpack myself (I've still got 3 more of those ready to go). Heals for 5, so only 1 Wound left. Standard Action: Shoot back (2 Green).

Yeah, confusing system. I know we're either ditching the system or dropping the campaign. But if it matters in the future:
- "Defense" - sometimes given by armor/cover/environment/etc. Adds 'Black' die to the opponent's roll, making it harder to hit in the first place, but still random.
- "Soak" - Brawn + armor bonus. Pure damage reduction after you already got hit, just a straight number with no randomness.
And my character has 11 Wounds, so 6 Wounds would put me at 5. Still messed me up though!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Crates and Boxes: Round 2

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Round 1 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1

Round 2 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1
Vashu leans out and fires her blaster at the one thug in the center of the hall behind the crate. She clips in on the shoulder now, and he's burnt and crispy from the blast crying out.

Cander, flailing back, finds his stimm pack and jams it into his arm. He is feeling better, the pain numbed, the medicine working, its his coat that he can't fix so quickly, and that really ticks him off. He reaches up and over, blindly firing down the hall, it doesn't hit anyone but it keeps their heads down making them having to fire blindly as well.

Gavin then stashes his blaster and his lightsaber comes to life, he steps into the hall, one hand pointed back at you a moment, he's got this. Then he shifts, and beacons the Black Sun to fire at him. One of them shouts, "A Jedi! Gun him down, that bounty will be huge!" They all turn their focus on Gavin.
Round 1
Vashu: Aim, Attack #1: (Bonus from Gavin's previous action still) 2 Success, 2 Threats: 7 Wounds: (Enemy gets Blue)

Round 2
Cander: StimPack +5, Shoot #3: 2 Advantages (Black on 2 Enemy) "pinned"
Gavin: Reflect
Gavin is N of his previous position in the middle of the hall
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Crates and Boxes: Round 2

Post by Hermit » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Onichi winces at the wicked blaster wound inflicted on Cander, then smirks at the colorful hail of invective that follows from the incensed Clawdite. Shame you can't kill 'em with words, the detective mirthfully thinks to himself, peaking around the corner at the distinctive ignition of a lightsaber.

"Hope you know how to block with that thing," Murmurs Onichi, pondering to himself whether the employment of his own powers is necessary in this deadly exchange. The idea is quickly dismissed the moment the thugs exclaim their eagerness to gun down Gavin for a hefty bounty, opting to take careful aim with his pistol at the brigands instead.
Aim and Shoot at Black Sun Thug #1
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Crates and Boxes: Round 2-3

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

Round 2 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1

Round 3 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1
Onichi winces and laughs almost all at the same time. Then leaning out from cover he aims down the center of the hall just past Gavin and fires. His blaster clips the merc in the side of the head and that does it. His helmet is blown off and he topples backwards out of sight behind the crate and never gets up again.

The two remaining thugs fire back at Gavin. He might not be a Jedi, or even really a full fledged Padawan, but he's learned a thing or two, and he's damn lucky. Both Black Suns are still taking in the death of their companion and as they fire Gavin turns the blaster bolts away with good enough strikes of his lightsabre to parry the shots! The blaster energy strikes wall and ceiling as he holds his ground there giving everyone cover.

K5 pulls away the last of the crates, "I have cleared and egress for us." The droid them steps through the opening and hustles up the hall toward the exit.

Vashu, followed by the rest of you...
Onichi: Aim Shoot #1 3 Success, 2 Advantages! Hit for 9 -1 Cover = 8
=Dead (Black Dice for them)

Both Thugs have their shots deflected.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:13 pm

"Nice one, old buddy. Thanks for saving our butts." The Clawdite pulls the trigger and fires in the general direction of the mercenaries, then books it down the newly opened path to freedom.
Shoot again, the Move action out the new exit.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:20 pm

"Yes," says Vashu, "let's flee before they organize a reception party outside." She dodges out from her hiding spot, firing one last shot past Gavin, then plunging through the opening K5 created.
Action: Attack: Agility/ Ranged--Light with light blaster vs. guard #3
Maneuver: Move

Hermit
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Trader

Post by Hermit » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:59 pm

Onichi takes his cue from the others and plans his own hasty retreat. But first. "Hey, get going already! I've got your back," he shouts down the hallway to Gavin. "Can't protect the Galaxy if you're dead, right?!" Leaning out from his cover, the detective backs up his words with action, aiming down the sight of his pistol and placing his next shot carefully so as to avoid clipping the lightsaber wielder with his covering fire.
Aim and Shoot BS Thug #3
''At the center of your being you have the answer; you know who you are and you know what you want.'' - Lao-Tzu

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Crates and Boxes: Round 3

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:32 pm

Round 3 Cander 2.2, Onichi 2.2, Gavin 2.2, Black Suns Thug 1.1, Vashu 1.0, K5 0.1
Vashu encourages the fleeing, the klaxons are ringing and you know more Black Suns are coming. She fires off a shot striking one of the men, then darts across the hall and out of the hole through the crates that K5 has opened up. She is racing down the hall now just behind the droid with the exit in sight.

Cander does the same, he follows up with a barrage of shots at the other merc, the shots blow up the man's cover, sending it into a bunch of pieces splattered on the floor to small to be of use to the man now. Then he spins and races down the hall just behind Vashu.

Onici calls to Gavin to get out there, and takes carefull aim on the wounded one Vashi hit and puts his own blaster shot in the chest of the man. He slumps forward over his box, blaster clattering to the floor, he's dead and down now, leaving only the one.

Gavin...
Combat Round 2
Vashu: Shoot #3: 2 Successs, 1 Threat: 7 Dmg - 1 Cover = 6 Wounds, Escapes

Combat Round 3
Cander: Shoot: 3 Advantages = blow up his cover, Escape
Onichi: Aim, Shoot #3: 1Success, 1 Advantage (recover strain): 7 - 1 cover = 6 Dmg = DEAD