Book I: Part I - Aboard the Peregrine

You have been selected for a very important expedition to the lost continent of Azlant! After hearing of the expedition, you applied for adventure, and those responsible for organizing the expedition selected you to join other colonists to stake claim to an island named Ancorato in the Arcadian Ocean.

Moderator: Eilandor

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Book I: Part I - The Lonely Dock

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:16 am

Tide shakes his head. "I was hoping for something more recent. If there were survivors, they didn't come back here after ... whatever happened. They were either all killed, are still holed up somewhere, or got chased to a different area." He gestures for Hiss to get closer, and starts looking around the encampment for anything ... recent.
Survival check (+6)? I've also got Knowledge Geography and Nature (+4), if those apply to anything I'm seeing in the area.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Book I: Part I - The Lonely Dock

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Rulkrig isn't trained in identifying tracks or doing general detective work, so he prays to Irori to guide his allies' hands.
Rulkrig is going to use guidance on anyone making any checks.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Book I: Part I - Pavilion Tents

Post by Eilandor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:15 pm

The group makes their way south to the pavilion tents. Rulkrig prays to Irori for guidance, touching both Tide and Vosh on the shoulder. Tide inspects the five collapsed tents and with a fair amount of certainty, confirms that it was wind, rain, neglect or all three that led this. He finds no signs of conflict. The tents are salvageable save for one where it looks as if some small animal made a nest of it and it reeks of musk. As you all start to look around, you find that many still have common mundane personal items in their folds. Clothing, mementos, cooking pots and waterskins to name a few. Some of these items are ruined, but you think much of it could be cleaned or repaired. In one of the two still upright tents, you come across a crate with several potion bottles. Vosh holds one up to the light from the tent opening, gently swirling it. "Healing potions!" Rulkrig returns from the second upright tent holding out a shirt of thin fabric, embroidered with winged feet. He relays that everything else in the second tent is in the same need of cleaning or repair as the others.
A1: Dock
A2: Pavilion TentsImage
4 Potions of CLW
1 Quick Runner's Shirt

Items Added to Loot Sheet
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:21 pm

Silently standing there the elf looks down at the potions and the shirt, he passes a hand over the air, closes his eyes and seems to listen to the wind. "Arcane power accompanies this shirt, it..." he never finishes that thought at he opens his eyes, tilts his head to the side and gazes out over the beach at the water focused on something in the far horizon.
Detect Magic/ID on the shirt.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:32 pm

"This is most troubling," Vosh opines. "If they left personal items and items of value, then they left abruptly, whether by necessity or by force. The most likely explanations are that they were fleeing something so terrible and immediate that they had to depart without taking the time to pack up even the most useful or sentimental items, or they were taken away by force by an entity that didn't care for items of value, as the campsite hasn't apparently been looted."

"I'm afraid neither seems very likely. Yet we're stuck with an empty colony and no colonists. So, we have to entertain any possible explanation for why the people disappeared.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:50 pm

"If they were in a hurry, they made a great error in not donning the shirt to use its latent powers."

Izrazael offers no further explanation.

He turns and looks back at fort, he lifts a bent finger and points that direction; perhaps suggesting that's the next place to go.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Book I: Part I - Colony Square

Post by Eilandor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Izrazael is rather cryptic when it comes to discussing the faint green aura that enveloped the shirt for a time. His internal compass keeps pointing towards the area inside the unfinished perimeter fence. He starts back toward the path and the others follow. You enter via the path and now stand in the center of the triangular shaped encampment. There is a well with rope and bucket still intact. Just southwest of the well is a wooden scaffold with a set of steps. It looks suitable for use as a platform to address a crowd, though it would take minimal effort to convert it into a gallows. North of the scaffold is the remnant of a well-used fire pit surrounded by stones, large enough for a reasonably sized bonfire. Most of the ashes in the fire pit have been rained on repeatedly and are now mixed in with the soil. It is clear that no fire has been lit here for weeks.
A1: Dock
A2: Pavilion Tents
A12: Colony SquareImage
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:45 pm

The merman slithers over to the buildings and goes inside. He tries to gently rummage around for more clues, trying to minimize his impact. He doesn't want to blot out some sort of clue, if there are any. Likewise, this entire place has the feeling of a cemetery. He treats it as such, moving slowly and solemnly, as to not offend the dead.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Vosh looks at the magical shirt and sighs. It wasn't a good sign when one of their group wasn't sharing information freely. They were a small enough group without having to worry about that sort of thing. "We need to cooperate, Izrazael," he says trying to keep any reproach from his voice. "If you learned anything about the shirt, if would be helpful if you shared it with us."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:08 am

The mysterious dissapearance of everyone has Rulkrig thinking hard. He takes a while to meditate and sort the information they have received so far. It is clear that they would have to do some tracking and so he asks Irori for the power to enhance his ability to do so.
15 minutes to prepare Deadeye's Lore in his Open Slot. (Not going to cast it yet).

Sheet Updated.