Book I: Part I - Aboard the Peregrine

You have been selected for a very important expedition to the lost continent of Azlant! After hearing of the expedition, you applied for adventure, and those responsible for organizing the expedition selected you to join other colonists to stake claim to an island named Ancorato in the Arcadian Ocean.

Moderator: Eilandor

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Book I: Part I - Colony Square

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:46 pm

The elf looks at Vosh, head to the side, his eyes focused, he almost doesn't register the Undine's comments.

He stops and looks back at the stone cold fire, head tilts, his arms fold over his chest, hands raised up at an odd angle. "To share with you the years of training to read the aura of things of arcane source would be a great undertaking." He may simply not understand what Vosh is talking about.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:42 pm

"Fine then," Vosh says, showing a little frustration. "I'll do it myself. You're not the only one capable of magical analysis." He takes the magical shirt and casts a cantrip to detect the magic on it, analyzing it to see what he can learn from it.

"Years of training," he mumbles to himself as he examines the shirt. "Great undertaking indeed!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:59 pm

Izrazael watches as Vosh casts his own spell, "You are doing it...." he's about to say something, then stops, there is a shift in his stance. He's not arrogant, he's simply lacks any empathy, but when he sees Vosh go about casting his cantrip in a much different manner he smiles (underneath his mask). "Unorthodox, perhaps your gestures are more fluid due to your affinity with the sea, and your time spent underwater. You see now that the shirt would have aided those fleeing for it grants a fleet of foot as I previously conveyed." He stops, turns and walks over to inspect the scaffolding of the would be gallows, the conversation with Vosh frustratingly over.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:50 pm

Tide is about to slither from the center square and inspect some of the buildings when the tension escalates between Izrazael and Vosh. The merfolk does an about face and looks on to see how it plays out. Vosh takes the shirt himself and waves a hand over it causing it to glow with an aura once more. He concentrates on it as Izrazael walks away to inspect the wooden platform which seems to be in decent condition.
This will likely be a methodical search of the camp and surrounding area, please be detailed as to which building or area you venture off to.
A1: Dock
A2: Pavilion Tents
A12: Colony SquareImage
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:31 pm

"Hmm, Vosh says after a moment of examination. "This is what's commonly referred to as a quickrunner's shirt. It allows for brief bursts of speed and action. Izrazael is right. Had the colonists time to prepare, they would have certainly taken this with them."

Then he looks around him and comes to a decision. "My recommendation is that we examine the incomplete fortress first. Likely their most important buildings are there. And if they were attacked, that's likely where they would have retreated."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:53 pm

As the company is standing in the courtyard of the fort already Izrazael agrees with Vosh, not that he says so. With a look of the would be gallows, he turns and points southwest, the largest of the buildings, and then scratches his chin under his mask. "This way then." He glides to inspect that building.
The SW one, with the different color roof

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:55 pm

Tide pats Hiss gently as he stares at Vosh and Izrazael. He had been suspecting a fight, of words if not fists, but the peak moment of tension seems to have passed. He feels like he should have done something to resolve the situation, but he is new to non-merfolk. He has yet to figure out the cultural and social norms, and thus did nothing. He mentally waives the thought away, and then opens one of the buildings to check the inside.
Searching through the L-shaped building next to the western entrance.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:26 am

Rulkrig cannot see a reason to object and simply follows after Vosh and Izrazael. He keeps an eye out for any unusual stonework or traps.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Book I: Part I - Chapel

Post by Eilandor » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:27 pm

Vosh counters with some magical prowess of his own in identifying the magical shirt. He is more overt with its properties than Izrazael who seems content to move on. Izrazael points southwest and with no objections, the group begins inspecting the structures within the unfinished palisade walls. This large building is durably built in a log cabin–style construction with a thatched pitched roof and three gables. Its several open windows are uncovered, and the sole entrance on the east side of the building is bereft of a door. A small porch covered by a gable shelters this door, though the porch has not been swept and dirt and dust have started to accumulate, while one end of the gable is starting to sag from neglect.
Let's keep the group together, for my sanity and yours :)
A1: Dock
A2: Pavilion Tents
A6: Chapel
A12: Colony SquareImage
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Book I: Part I - Chapel

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:29 pm

Pausing, Izrazael stands gazing at the structure silently.

Eventually the others join. "It is in disrepair."

He stands listening, a few feet off the porch, as if he hears a voice from inside, but there is no voice, just the strange elf's mannerisms.