Book I: Part I - Aboard the Peregrine

You have been selected for a very important expedition to the lost continent of Azlant! After hearing of the expedition, you applied for adventure, and those responsible for organizing the expedition selected you to join other colonists to stake claim to an island named Ancorato in the Arcadian Ocean.

Moderator: Eilandor

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Book I: Part I - Chapel

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:44 am

Rulkrig walks up to the porch of the structure and holds one palm out towards it. His eyes spark and he attempts to identify any magical auras coming from around or within the residence. His eyes return to normal and the Dwarf looks to see if it is safe to approach.
Detect Magic, Check for Traps.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:34 am

Tide lays a hand on the sagging structure, and shrugs his wide shoulders. "I do not know land structures well enough to know how long it has been abandoned, but I would guess a significant time. Certainly more than just days." He slowly circles the room, not sure what to look for.
Tracks and such are likely long gone, so Survival is of limited use. However, if I see any higher-tier animals, I do have 'Speak with Animals' once per day. No point in talking to a frog, but something smarter like a dolphin/dog/wolf/fox might be worth chatting to.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Standing just outside the building, Rulkrig raises a palm and attempts to detect any magical auras in and around the structure to no avail. Tide looks around for any signs of intelligent animals but finds none. The entire encampment to this point seems void of human or wildlife.
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:59 pm

"Let's continue our sweep of the settlement," Vosh suggests. "Maybe there are some clues to what happened in some of the other buildings."
Let's move on to the next building.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Did we go inside? If so suggest this so we don't drag too long. Counter-clockwise exploration around the fort area. Search, stealth, detect magic, check or stuff, then move on unless something special triggers

We didn't actually go inside yet.
Izrazael nods and then goes INSIDE the building and begins to search the place. He doesn't move too far or too fast, wary of neglect or shoddy human construction causing dangerous pit holes or falling timbers. He pauses at at times, cocks his head around, looks, says nothing and continues like this around the interior.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

Post by Eilandor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:01 pm

The interior of this building suggests a modest place of worship—not quite a temple but more than a mere shrine. A table near the center of the west wall appears to serve as an altar, draped in a white but dusty cloth. Behind the table, a large wood carving of a humanoid figure with a stag’s head leans against the wall. Two rows of benches face the altar, although some have been knocked over and two piles of ashes are visible in the aisle between them. Scattered throughout the room are assorted objects related to public worship, such as a chalice and a ceremonial rod. An ornately carved longbow hangs on the wall near the altar, as if on display. Against the north wall is a smaller shrine. Nearby is a wooden statue roughly three feet tall that depicts a male half-human and half-avian creature. One carved wing hangs partially broken from the statue.
Look for PM's on several behind the scenes checks
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:24 pm

"Erastil."

The elf isn't a priest, but he knows the images of the gods when he sees them. The statue of the avian creature however doesn't fit with his knowledge of the antlered one. He draws a circle in the air, making it larger and larger, then using it like a focusing lens he gazes through the hovering magic at the broken statue seeking knowledge on any magical auras.
detect magic on statue
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:47 pm

The merfolk slithers back and forth a few times, examining the ground and ignoring the religious iconography. He points to some reddish marks on the floor. "Dried blood. Leads from the altar, towards the front entrance. And it's clear no one has been inside here for several weeks. Maybe a month. No tracks though. If there were any, they have been lost to time."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:48 pm

Vosh examines the statue for a moment before he speaks. "That's the agathion patron of Andoran, Talmandor, the namesake of the colony," he says. "No doubt this is their main shrine to Talmandor."

When Tide identifies the dried blood, he moves over to take a look. "That's more evidence of foul play," he says. "The more we investigate this place, the more I worry at the fate of the colonists."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:11 pm

"Dabblers in dark arts often find themselves consumed by it."

Izrarael's voice is low and whispering, "Were they victims, or instigators?"

He continues to scrye the chamber for arcane auras.