Re: Book 1: Crownfall, Act 3: The Silent Blade

As the political scene in Taldor explodes into chaos, heroes take on the mantle of agents, advocates, and saboteurs working for Princess Eutropia to help secure her claim to the Imperial throne and prevent the Empire from collapsing in on itself in civil war. Will they grow from relative nobodies to powerful politicians and spymasters in the deadliest political arena in the Inner Sea?

Run by the GM ManWithDoor
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Re: Book 1: Crownfall, Act 3: The Silent Blade

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:49 am

"I can hear some sort of squeaking, like a wheel or something like that, to the west. And here," he points to the door to the north. "You can hear voices. Maybe we should look at the door first, so we do not have any foes surprise us from behind. Maybe we can even get some answers about this place."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Nodding in confirmation, voice lowered to a whisper, "Yes, lets deal with people first, lest we become the ambushees." He slips toward the door, listens ear at it, then checks for locks and traps before the group moves through it.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:47 am

"Alright. Lead on to the north. I'm not exactly stealthy myself. Being flashy is more my thing, but let me know if I can do anything to help."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:43 pm

WIthout a word, Bertram follows to the door, his staff ready in hand.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:36 pm

Theodrix quietly cracks the door open ... only to discover a hallway a whole 10 feet long before ending up at another door. Seriously, either they were going for serious inefficiency, or annoying redundency.

Moving forward he slightly cracks the next door, and can see that there are three people in a small 10x10 corner room, with another door leading to the west. They are looking at each other and conversing quietly, the topic mainly being complaining about the boss taking their sweet time interrogating someone, rather than just killing them and moving on.
Theodrix: Stealth = 26, Pass! Lol. They don't notice you. The group gets a Surprise Round if you want to jump them, or whatever plan you would like to enact. Roll20 area revealed.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Post by GuyWithSword » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:06 am

Aurelia waves her arms and does a little dance, and sends sleepy energy at the lead enemy! "Time to fall asleep...forever!"
Use Slumber hex on the enemy closes to us. DC15 will save

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:57 pm

The door swings open wide, and Aurelia from way in the back chants in her arcane language, gesturing towards the enemies. The one right next to the door abruptly passes out and hits the ground hard, snoring into the stone.

The rest of you ...
Guard (nearest): Will Save 12, Fail. Asleep for 2 rounds (unless otherwise woken up).
Still the surprise round.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:04 pm

"Surrender!" Mercutio says forcefully as he advances on the two grunts.
Move action to try and be adjacent to both (for Coup the grace on the sleepyhead), demoralize the one standing, intimidate 1d20+9

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:35 pm

Astraea scoots into the space left behind by Mercutio, blade at the ready.
I guess I'll 5' step into the space Mercutio vacates and hold an action to attack if they don't give up.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:35 am

Brother Betram steps in, his quarterstaff ready. "You better surrender, or else..."
Intimidate.