OOC Chatter

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Re: OOC Chatter

Post by Bohemond » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:56 pm

So, quick question: does anyone have any healing? 'Cuz the open claw wounds might hinder Bala's ability to engage in idle conversation.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:44 am

Don't worry about it. If you ask the staff, they could find a discrete Cleric to heal you up. Y'all should definitely invest in a Wand of Cure Light Wounds sometime, but as you're on the Count's property, he's responsible for keeping you healed up.

Won't take a Social Round, so you get your full time spent socializing.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:51 am

I sort of figured, or rather hoped, that the staff healed us once we made it back to the palace, courtesy of the host. It happened during his planned activity, and we did just take care of a problem for him, after all. A nasty problem ruining the hunting trails, eating a servant or two, and making a mess in general.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:18 pm

I keep getting confused at who to impress/befriend/woo....ideas?

There was a guestlist somewhere?

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:41 am

Here's the Book 2 VIP List:
viewtopic.php?f=995&t=9571
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:47 pm

Okay....so could be an idea to learn about goals/strengths/weaknesses of people? Or just more shotgun influence checks?

So notables:
Bartleby...we know nothing of him (and ruined disposition a bit).
Voinum...don't know her goals, but Mercutio doesn't socialize with grumps if he can help it.
Lucretia Varthane, also blank slate, and a visitor.

Other ones have been worked on, so I guess Bartleby and Lucretia should be his targets?

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:04 am

I didn't see this before, but making friends was a nice go-to from the start to get votes in our favor. Thwarting the assassination attempt gave us brownie points with nobles/Lawful. There is no entry in Book 2 VIPs thread for the horny aunt, so she was likely just a red herring for horny party members. The point of winning the competitions could be a way to earn votes too. Or for Friendly NPCs to give their votes to us if they like us? Otherwise the competitions in and of themselves seem like another herring.

And thinking about the whodunit layer some more, that trap wasn't there before, or some hapless servant or Bartelby himself would have triggered it already. I get the feeling the assassin wanted Bartelby to die in full view of the attendants, or they had to get creative. It would be much more convenient if Bartelby got murdered *after* we got the estate, so IC I would look forward to having to thwart another attempt on his life before the jubilee ends. I sure hope that he is at least mindful to have people investigating this on his own behalf...

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:59 am

Posted in the main Thread, so that may affect your decision-making.

I can't reveal any benefits from investigation/Influence earlier than the benefits would hit, but there are laid out rewards for moving people to Friendly or even Helpful. Some are just reducing their opposition to you, while others will have them actively giving you gifts or benefiting your town.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:30 pm

Mercutio may be the person to go after the Count, based on his preferences for arcane spellcasters and intellectuals.

Personally, I may try to press my advantage with Lady Crabbe, and see if I can shift Okerra into Helpful territory. Going to read up on the VIP section before posting.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:18 pm

A part of me wants him to go bang out the aunt anyway.