Character Creation

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:01 am

Sure, I don't mind. As long as the Drawback makes sense.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Character Creation

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 am

She takes penalties on Will Saves and Fear effects if someone is threatening her spellbook.

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:09 pm

Alright, so this is what I'm hearing from the group on Character Creation concepts. Let me know if this is still pretty accurate:

@JohnnyWeird: Human Rogue (Chameleon Archetype)
@Pathfinder: Stryx(?) Inquisitor of Abadar (or Desna?) (Sanctified Slayer Archetype, VMC Rogue)
@Zorbeltuss: Concept given is a "dashing dandy sort with high INT and CHA, bard is probably the most natural fit"
@GuyWithSword: "Enchantress" (I know the Build and have approved it, he can decide whether or not to keep that OOC knowledge secret, for the fun of discovery)
Vardaen (VACATION until 7/17): Concept open - "Ranger TWF Thrown Weapon type, and an Arcanist. Neither really went anywhere, could be interested in one of those again, or some sort of of Magus perhaps."

Additional Character Creation Rule: If your Race doesn't have a Favored Class bonus for your Class, and you don't want to simply take the +1 HP / +1 Skill Point, feel free to find a reasonable Favored Class bonus and propose it to me.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Character Creation

Post by GuyWithSword » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:48 pm

What kind of starting gold do we get? Will our allies give us appropriately flashy outfits for the grand event if we can't afford it ourselves?

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Character Creation

Post by JohnnyWeird » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 pm

You have it right. Sent you the Google doc, and if Crichton is going to a ball as anything but a caterer he's gonna need some new duds.

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:15 am

"Duds" Update:
To avoid wasting your time buying stuff, here's a list of things to do:
- Start with Max Gold for your Class + 500gp (you'll technically get the extra gold in the first scenes, but no need to slow us down by waiting)
- You will be provided with appropriate Courtier garb (i.e. don't spend money on fancy clothes)
- ONLY buy stuff that you would have on yourself at Court. It is reasonable to have a one-handed weapon with you in Court (although some may look down their noses at you, and others may respect it). Anyone in armor would be turned away. Any two-handed weapons (melee or ranged) will be in the Coat Check equivalent, and given back to you as you depart.
--- TLDR: Don't buy armor. Buy any weapon, just keep in mind what you can physically have on you during Court.
- Since all you really need on equipment is a weapon, that leaves all your extra money to buy miscellaneous doodads or cheap magical items (the utility ones).

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Character Creation

Post by GuyWithSword » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:44 am

I'll probably keep my real backstory hidden for now. It's not like we have access to each other's sheets anyways. Aurelia is happy to share her public backstory if you ask her however.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Character Creation

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:42 am

Sheet updated! Armor replaced with some excellent resources.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Character Creation

Post by Zorbeltuss » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:18 pm

Were sheets supposed to be shared around?

I could go with a Swashbuckler, because that's as straightforward minimal hassle as it gets. But Bards are the most sexy and awesome there is.

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Character Creation

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:10 am

I don't think anyone would object to either bard or swashbuckler. Play what you find fun!