Character Creation

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:19 am

Zorbeltuss - Send me your gmail address, and we can share the document over Drive
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Character Creation

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:32 pm

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:20 pm

Done!
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

GuyWithSword
Level 5
Level 5

Character Creation

Post by GuyWithSword » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:11 am

ManWithDoor, I'm 100% done with me sheet. Sharing with you now.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Character Creation

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:23 am

I'm struggling with figuring out that spreadsheet, so I think I'll put together a Myth-Weaver Sheet first, then see if I can't port it into the google one later. Easier to build when I don't need to figure out where everything goes in at the same time.

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:04 am

Fair enough. Heck, just link me the Myth-Weaver one as well, and I can probably take an hour or so and port all of it over.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Character Creation

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:58 pm

Since I have to figure this out for V's game also, I'm trying to make sense of it all.

Snag the first: I can't seem to find where that extra skill point for human needs to be flagged, also I don't see if there's an option for hooking off background skills?

The sheet does seem to allow me to just trod along with -3 skill points, so moving on.

Also, can our characters be despicable womanizing assholes, with possible abusing of charm person? Asking for a friend.

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:31 pm

Um ... alright. Discussion time. In general, your characters should have some sort of agenda. Might be big or small, from simply trying to raise your personal fortunes, to reshaping the entire sociopolitical landscape. Anything on the Lawful-Chaos axis is fine, although you should also be either Good or Neutral. Straight-up Evil characters need not apply.

Now, that doesn't mean your PC can't have some serious character flaws. Think Sokka from Avatar: The Last Airbender (there was no Movie, only a Cartoon - any rumor you heard to the contrary is Fake News). In the beginning he's totally misogynistic, a braggart, and kind of an ass. He becomes very three-dimensional when we learn that a lot of that is his trying to cover up his deep insecurity about trying to fill his father's shoes, and protect the entire tribe. He feels inadequate to the task, and tries to hide that from himself and others with over-the-top bravado. Over the course of the Show he learns humility, and overcomes a lot of his sexist ways. He's still the same hilarious, funny guy. He just matures over time.

So, if you want the character to start out with some serious character flaws, as long as they don't completely derail the campaign, I've got no problem with that. Keep in mind that abusing Charm Person to get your way is on the pretty deep end of Neutral, at best. Combining that with 'despicable womanizing asshole' could easily lead to situations (or assumptions) that are straight-up Evil. So keep that in mind when crafting your character's flaws.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:52 pm

@zorbeltus you can put that human skill point or background skill points on teh FEAT tab under the SPPL (Skill points per level). I didn't make the base of this sheet, so don't ask me why its there, but there it is.

So I'm back, what do we need in the party? I have a good idea for a history, but nothin gon paper yet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 pm

Did anyone end up with a Swashbuckler, cause if not I might go that route to fit me history idea.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring