Character Creation

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:08 pm

Pathfinder is playing a Human Inquisitor of Caiden Caylean (Sanctified Slayer Archetype, likely also that part-Rogue half-class ... thingy).
GuyWithSword is playing a Human "Enchantress". Generally arcane buff/debuff, that sort of thing. Very intelligent character.
JohnnyWeird is playing a Human Rogue (Chameleon Archetype).
Zorbeltuss is a 'Dashing Dandy', a high-charisma Human Bard.

So you can certainly go with a Swashbuckler, if you want. Or something straight from Intrigue like the Vigilante. Probably don't need more Rogues though.

If nobody goes full-casting Divine, I'll give you guys some healing potions and a Wand of Cure Light Wounds, so you're not being penalized for your Class choices.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm

The setting, having read all your OOC posts, seems like these more roguish-political types are really well tuned for the flavor. I never once considered a divine caster as I worked up a history idea (which I'll flesh-out and put down on paper for you soon). I could see if a divine route might work as well, just to help the party out.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:02 pm

Vigilante looks cool, but a bit too much to wrap my head around in a short amount of time.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:05 pm

No need to rush your character creation. Explore whatever you want to. Most of the first Act is almost completely Social, with roleplaying and a series of Skill checks. You don't have to have all the class mechanics memorized any time soon.

Oh, and especially since this isn't your standard dungeon crawl, if after the first Act you don't like how your character is working, you can Re-Spec then. It'll even be an easy justification. "Well in public I was pretending to be X, but in truth I'm a Y."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:19 pm

Vigilant does seem cool, and sort of fits into my idea. I'll play around.

Pathfinder
Level 1
Level 1
User Class: Wizard

Character Creation

Post by Pathfinder » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:50 am

Sorry I haven’t been as active. I got hired as a teacher and have been getting my room ready and making lesson plans, and I have been helping a dark horse political campaign during the little free time I’ve had. I still think I can play, but I’ll have to finish my sheet first.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:14 pm

My sheets not done yet, so you aren't that far back yet!

I was waiting on approval of the history I sent, but I'll assume its good, and get working on the crunch

ManWithDoor

Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Been dealing with some annoying cold or something the past few days, kinda getting back in the groove of things today.

I would appreciate if everyone could start filling out your Character Profile in that Thread. Please include at least a paragraph or two on your Background. If you have anything Secret, please let me know in a side-bar.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:43 pm

Finished up my feats and doing gear and name stuff.

Tactically I'll be a fighter type who likes to flank for bonuses, I'll deal in dirty tricks, disarms, but not sneak attack dmg, that can be for our more rogue types, but we should flank. Also very good with bluff and intimidate on the social side, local knowledge, nobility, perceptions devices, and some athletics ones.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Character Creation

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:27 pm

Okay sheet should have all the gear on it for now, still have 80gp to spend but I'm going to hold on to it for now.

I'll get my profile up tomorrow. I should be set for go.