Character Creation

The OOC Forum for the War for the Crown game.
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Character Creation

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:57 am

Absolutely, go for it
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:27 pm

ManWithDoor wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:28 am
I'm not your Mother or your Financial Advisor, so I'm not going to prevent you from spending your hard-earned money. ;)
Financial advisors will just take a cut of all the transaction and therefore encourage more of them :evil:

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:51 pm

True dat- Ok will go shopping

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:12 pm

Huh, seems I didn't grab a feat for 3rd level.

Probably Lingering Song, that one's great as I recall.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:03 am

Go for it! Yeah, you can keep a Song going after you stop to do something else, like casting Spells and such.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Level 5 HD: 2d8k1 7

Nice. 5th level bard also gets:
Inspire Courage goes to +2, Lore master 1/day, +1 spell slot for 1st and 2nd level, +1 2nd level spell known.
+1 1st or lower level spell known (favored class bonus)

So need to figure out spells. There is also feat on 5th level, yay. Need to figure out that, too.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:09 am

I really had to think about whether I was gonna multi or stick to fighter. That rematch I promised better not be coming sooner than level 9...

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:57 am

Man, choices. Level 5 is a fun level for my Warpriest archetype. I get the Fighter Weapon Training feature for Longbow. I think I will grab Rapid Shot for my feat.
Zorbeltuss wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2023 4:22 pm
Level 5 HD: 2d8k1 7

So need to figure out spells. There is also feat on 5th level, yay. Need to figure out that, too.
Glitterdust, Invisibility, or Heroism? Those are always my first three recommended level 2 Bard spells, and in that order.

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:49 pm

Gillterdust already have. Heroism overlaps a little with bardic music. Invisible haven't thought of, had Mirror Image on the list of things for "maybe later" from last time's deliberations which is similar, but maybe not quite as nice, unless invisible messes up a "must be able to see"-requirement for performance.

The 2nd level spells on the shortlist other than Mirror image would be gallant inspiration (ally can re-roll failed attack/skill check with bonus), and blistering invective (demoralize check vs all enemies within 30' and the demoralizes ones also catch on fire).......mmmm, blistering invective, I have played characters before that would absolutely love that spell (although effectiveness is unknown to me).

For 1st level, the list from last time have Heightened Awareness which is flat out awesome, and nothing else, so I guess that?

Also skills, which should be 6+2+1=9 for Bard, INT 14, Human, and then +2 background skills was it?

Zorbeltuss
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Zorbeltuss » Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:25 pm

Feats, have some nifty options:
Harmonic Spell
Or not...really, all the snazzy ones aren't available yet. Other than improved imitative which is always awesome, and best option available atm, so let's be boring and do what I always do with every character I ever make :P

Level up completed.