Chapter 1: The Entrance Exam

In a world were 80% of the world's population has evolved to have superpowers and being a superhero is a prestigious profession aspiring superheroes must study and train to achieve their dreams, a dedicated group of youngsters have decided to do just that, these are their adventures.

Moderator: Hungry Xenomorph

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Chapter 1: The Entrance Exam

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:20 pm

He vanished! But, like, into the ground!

Borkules is thrilled at the prospect of digging up some dirt, but stops himself. A detective thinks before he acts. He remains off the ground, slowly rising.

If he can burrow into the ground, we need to steer gain elevation. Can you get into the trees?

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:11 pm

27% fatigue sustained. Changing tactics.

"Very well," he says in a near-monotone inflection. "You will fail against my next attempt." Chris backs up to the ledge, tempting his target to rush him.

Text message via Interface with phone:
"I might fall over. Have dog keep an eye out for me."
Use Prowess to evade the next attack. I want to goad the golem into rushing at me (Willpower?) to make it run over the edge of the roof. If it doesn't fall but loses balance, I'll push it over. If I fall, I will use Determination to succeed at grabbing a ledge.

If he doesn't fall for the bait, I will charge him instead.

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:31 pm

Hera looked around and growled at the sight of... no one. He knew someone had hid around the rocks, so where did they go. The beetle though, looked over at the floating dog and dusted off his horn, "Have you not noticed how large I am?! I don't think a tree will keep me up!"

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Arthur stands inside the office watching as the shadow outside of the window shatters to a thousand pieces and falls to the the ground, he stands for a moment looking at the hole on the window's glass, from his right a portal opens up and Arthur is sucked into it getting punched in the face by the fat kid from the airport, as soon as Arthur passes through the portal it closes behind him. The punch doesn't land as a hard as he had desired but it is enough to push Arthur back into a wall, he looks around and he sees the goth girl from the obstacle course standing by a window, the fat kid stands in front of him ready for a fight. On the roof Rory succeeds on provoking the Golem into attacking him. It takes a couple steps to get up to speed and unleashes a furious strike towards Rory he dodges the attack nimbly and tips the Golem off the roof, the behemoth falls to the floor with a loud crash creating a crater in the street below, the Golem takes a couple of seconds to get back up, when it does part of its torso is missing. Rory stands at the edge of the roof looking down below at the Golem. Borkules and Hera stand in the middle of the par discussing what to do next as they discuss it another metallic pebble flies in between them and explodes Borkules is quick enough to avoid the explosion however Hera is not as lucky and gets hit by the explosion. Hera looks up and sees the culprit standing on top of the park's water tower.

Rolls
Gravitas attack vs Arthur Pos: 1 Neg: -1 +5 Total = 5 vs Arthur Pos: 4 Neg: -6 + 5 Total = 3 Gravitas hits Arthur
Arthur takes 2 DMG

Rory goads Golem into attacking Pos: 6 Neg" -6 +5 Total = 5 vs Golem Pos: 1 Neg: -5 +3 Total -2 (Great Success!)

Golem attack vs Rory Pos: 2 Neg: -6 +12 Total = 8 vs Rory Pos: 6 Neg -3 +7 Total = 10 (Rory throws Golem off roof)
Golem takes 2 DMG

Slignshot attack vs Hera and Borkules Pos: 3 Neg: -3 +6 Total = 6 vs Hera Pos: 4 Neg: -3 +8 Total = 9 and Hera Pos: 1 Neg: -3 + 6 Total = 4 (Borkules escapes, Hera gets hit)

Hera takes 2 DMG

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:59 pm

"...Now I am on the roof."

That may not work again. Chris Interfaces with his phone to send a group message:
"The golem fell. I'm stranded on the roof. What's your status?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:05 pm

Snow Job doesn't have time to check his phone as it keep buzzing, he is totally disoriented. He's not in the building he should be in, instead he is someplace else entirely. There are two people present, neither are his team mates. "Now now, let's talk about this." He draws all the moisture from the air and attempts to encase the fat boy's legs and feet in binding ice that will hold him squarely to the floor even as Snow Job tumbles away and out of reach.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:27 pm

Quick as a shot Borkules flies up to grip the arm of this rock-hucker in his immaculately flossed teeth.
Whatever a dive bomb is from below. Hoping aerial combat or weapon(bite) will help here.

RorytheRomulan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by RorytheRomulan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:57 pm

Chris decides to check security footage while he's up here waiting for the golem to do something. One golem and one student with a slingshot were keeping three members of the team occupied. If he were a judge, he would call this "mediocre".
Mad Machine: Fury Roof

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:59 pm

Rory what does Fury Roof mean?

KrowsNest
Level 3
Level 3

Post by KrowsNest » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:09 pm

Hera wiped off his cheek and looked over at the shooter on the water tower. With another arms thrown out, ground shaking roar, the large beetle charged the water tower and swung his horn at one of the legs, planning to knock it down and take the shooter down with it