Imperial Edition Heroes

Converting the L5R setting to the FFG Lord of the Ring LCG co-op style game.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Imperial Edition Heroes

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 26, 2015 9:04 pm

There are dozens of amazing heroes that could be used. Core set of LotR started off with 3 heroes of each sphere, so trying to emulate that means 3 heroes of each ring, not counting Void.

Characters that should get represented, and could come out in the APs that follow.

Ring of Fire
Hida Yakamo
Togashi Mitsu
Mirumoto Hitomi
Isawa Tadaka
Otaku Kimoko

Ring of Air
Doji Hoturi
Kakita Toshimoko
Shiba Tsukune
Shinjo Yokatsu
Akodo Toturi

Ring of Earth
Kuni Yori
Togashi Yokuni
Shiba Ujimitsu
Ide Tadaji
Akodo Kage

Ring of Water
Matsu Tsuko
Hida Kisada
Doji Satsume

That's already 18, and not counting the Elemental Masters, future Champions, and just important figures. However we can't have an insane number of heroes to start so I'll have to prune it down, and some of them can be used as Allies or come out in future APs.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Imperial Edition Heroes

Post by TetNak » Tue May 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Why don't you start with characters from CE and a Four Winds?
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Imperial Edition Heroes

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm

I can drop in the CE heroes also, Four Winds was a different era and wouldn't work right, but using Shimazu, Ryoko, etc is on the slate yeah. I might just have to make up 4 heroes for each ring instead of only 3.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Imperial Edition Heroes

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 27, 2015 7:07 pm

So here is my start of a spreadsheet for heroes and cards.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Imperial Edition Heroes

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 28, 2015 2:17 pm

So I did up basically a reskin of the game, haven't made the cards but the spreadsheet above has all the data and such on it. I'm not really pleased with just a reskin, but it gives me a starting point and some reference to work from. I think what I want to do is more of a remodling along with new game rules like Duels and Kiho and such. I think maybe I'm too much all over the map, and will narrow my focus down to 3 clans, with a minor sprinkling of the other clans

Starting with the Alliance, the 'good guys' from the games here and such so: Crane, Dragon, Phoenix. Then work in other clans later on. I see Shadowlands and Scorpion as natural encounter deck enemies moving forward. I'm not sure that I'm doing this much for anyone buy myself, but I like to have my thoughts on "paper".

Check out the link above if you are curious about the reskin (and minor tweaks).