Act 7 - No Shortage of Peril

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Black Candle

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:19 pm

Vairen slowly claps at Celevan's assertive speech. "I'll be here, I'll hold Argith, he's not a bad man, just over eager since his father died. Try not to rough him up too much."

She then herself heads out back to deal with the wagon a bit more before you return with the alchemist.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Aeon Priest
User Class: Explorer

The Black Candle

Post by Eilandor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:03 pm

Braedon follows Celevan and Torias, "I imagine between the three of us, no roughing him up will be necessary."
Number Two: "You are number six."
Number Six: "I am not a number, I am a free man!"
Number Two: "Muh ha ha ha ha!"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Split the Party We'll Cover More Ground

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm

Torias nods, and joins with Celevan and Braeden and head out side to go deal with Argith. The three, plus Aela, move into the back yard and size of the building of the Alchemist Shoppe. Its nothing fancy, a lab down stairs, and a living area up stairs. There is a back door, front door, and a few windows on the second floor.

That leaves Dreams and Drak to deal with the Alchemist fire and the crew that came with you all on the sleds from Falcon's Hollow.
Action! I'm going to split Dreams and Drak off to another thread. Hold on!

Dreams and Drak exit to here: viewtopic.php?f=526&t=9064
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:29 pm

"Right," Celevan says when they get to the back of the Alchemist's shop. "Can you get the door open, Torias, or do we just break it down?"

My plan is to have two of us go in through the back door while the rest watch the front to make sure our target doesn't bolt that way. Any preferences for who goes in?"

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Braedon looks around, noticing two main entrances. "I can have Aela guard one of the exits should he try to escape."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:39 pm

Torias shakes his head, "My brother would get us inside through the door, but not I." He pushes his spectacles back up on his nose and gazes up. "There are shuttered windows there, they don't look to hard to open, if we were up there."

Braedon has Aela move around to the front. The large wolf just strides off and lays down in front of the door like a big furry door mat, no one is going in or out with her laying there.

Eilandor
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Eilandor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:52 pm

Braedon looks up at the windows. Producing a rope from his pack, "I'm comfortable climbing albeit a tree would make me feel more comfortable." He looks for any nook or outcropping, "Does anyone have a grappling hook? If not I may be able to fasten the rope to an arrow. Otherwise it's a free climb."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 pm

Torias shakes his head, "No grappling hook, but if you fall I can mend your broken bones." He grins with a bit of mockery in his smile. Then he rubs his bald head against the cold.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:11 pm

"Suli can climb up and tie off the rope," Celevan replies. "He's a natural climber in this form. He's also quiet."
Suli has a climb speed (27 Climb with taking 10), and a Stealth of 19 (also taking 10).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:22 pm

The 8 foot tall half ant- half man thing that Suli has become takes the rope and climbs up the side of the building with ease. He ties it off on the chimney, and then climbs back down as silent as a ghost.

The rope dangles near the back of the house leading darn close to the window on the second floor.