How's it going?

Go ahead. Introduce yourself. Use Haiku for bonus points. NEWLY REGISTERED MEMBERS should post here first so they can be approved as users.
Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

How's it going?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu May 31, 2018 12:32 am

I'm kind of new to tabletop gaming i mainly have played Pathfinder/3.5, very little Call of Cthulhu and some ASOIAF. But i am very interested in broadening that list, i've been playing for about a year and a half and i'm looking forward to making new acquaintances and playing some games.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

How's it going?

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 31, 2018 2:22 am

Welcome, welcome! We've got a number of games looking for more Players. Feel free to check out the 'Game Openings and Interest' thread for some recent calls for more people.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

How's it going?

Post by Vardaen » Thu May 31, 2018 1:56 pm

Welcome! You'll find a few options, some familiar, some new, pick a few games and send messages to the GMs about joining up!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

How's it going?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu May 31, 2018 2:19 pm

Thank you guys, ill take a look around and get in contact with some DMs.

Edit: Is there anyone running Shadowrun or Cyberpunk? Ive always wondered about the dystopian games.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

How's it going?

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu May 31, 2018 4:13 pm

Not that I'm aware of? I'm running a Mage campaign in the World of Darkness. Still in the relatively early stages, so not a lot of dystopic themes explored yet, but that'll be coming up eventually. Vardaen is running a Warhammer 40k game, and that universe is oodles of messed up. Might be others?
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

How's it going?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu May 31, 2018 5:06 pm

Warhammer is an interesting setting, dark to say the least, lol, i'll join o e of his PF games for now and see how things shake up in the near future.

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

How's it going?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu May 31, 2018 5:06 pm

Warhammer is an interesting setting, dark to say the least, lol, i'll join o e of his PF games for now and see how things shake up in the near future.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

How's it going?

Post by JohnnyWeird » Thu May 31, 2018 6:55 pm

How dystopian are you looking for? Future can come from a lot of systems (Starfinder, since you've got a PF background, springs to mind), but are you looking for more philosophical horror (eclipse phase), unrelenting sorrow (40k), or some third thing?

Hungry Xenomorph
Level 9
Level 9

How's it going?

Post by Hungry Xenomorph » Thu May 31, 2018 7:18 pm

The thing that makes both Shadowrun and Cyberpunk so interesting to me is how lawless and kinda grimy the settings are, i am not entirely familiar with 40k lore but i do know it has a grander scale, and its extremely dark, for lack of a better word, i am not familiar with Eclipse Phase. I should really get around to reading the Starfinder corebook i got.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

How's it going?

Post by TetNak » Thu May 31, 2018 7:57 pm

EP is awesome and 2E is around the corner. Good luck getting someone to run it here. For the theme you're looking for, it is 40k or bust.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name