Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:16 pm

"I doubt we're that lucky," says Rayne softly. "It's probably for us." She takes a position on the left side of the door opposite Resyr.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:50 pm

From within the main room, the person shouts once again. "You can come out and give us that fancy armor of yours or we'll take it from you."
Combat will start soon, just giving a day or so for any plans or rebuttals

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:34 pm

Rayne rolls her eyes, then calls out to them confidently, "Ah, I see. You must be feeling suicidal. Who else would try to take a group of Mandalorians' armor from them? Well, if you want to die, by all means, try to take us out." With luck, the yahoos out there would simply back down. Or at least, they'll be a bit shaken if they follow through with their idiocy and easier to take down.
Willpower 3/ Coercion 2

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:39 pm

"Trying to ambush a squad of Mandalorians isn't the wisest course of action, but they may think they can get the drop on us," Lorn says over comms. "Let's remind them why we are the best."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:28 pm

Combat Begins

Init. Whoever has most successes goes first, adv are tiebreakers, triumph counts as 1 success and gives you +1 maneuver in first round

Using Cool because you know what's coming, instead of Vigilance (which is more of a reaction/surprise init)

Resyr = 2 yellow = 2 success, 2 adv
Lorn = 2 green = 1 adv
Rayne = 2 yellow 1 green = 3 success, 1 adv

Thug Leader = 2 yellow 1 green = 2 successes, 4 adv
Thugs = 2 green = 3 successes, 1 adv

Final Order:

Mando, (PC win ties)
Thugs,
Thug Leader,
Mando,
Mando

Using http://swa.stoogoff.com/#seraphs-gang-member for Minion Thugs
Using http://swa.stoogoff.com/#gang-leader for Thug Leader

Using Group init, so any Mando can take their turn during any Mando slot during a round

For Boh, since I think this is his first SW FFG game (at least here), for each round your character gets 1 Action and 1 Maneuver. You can spend 1 strain to gain 1 additional Maneuver (max 2/rd).

There's a good combat cheat sheet at https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5src4j2qab59 ... t.pdf?dl=0

Typical maneuvers = aim, assist, move, take cover, etc.
Typical actions = shoot, melee attack, etc. (you can turn an Action into a Maneuver , but not a Maneuver into an action)

If you want to spend any advantages on a specific thing (like auto spend adv on crit, if you get enough, or spend 1 adv to recover 1 strain, or 1 adv to pass +1 boost to next Mando, etc. please post in the thread (or tell me via discord if you see dice rolls there). The hyperlink above has a nice cheat sheet on what to do to spend your adv, you'll need to look at charsheet to see how many adv you need for a crit for your specific weapon (most require 2 or 3 adv to crit). A crit automatically kills 1 minion (so -5 wounds, and plus however many other wounds done by successes). A crit on the leader, forces a crit roll on him (chance for more possible wounds like dropping weapon, blinded, etc.).

Also, don't worry too much about the map. Just use it for reference. SW FFG is less concerned with map measurements than thematic/dramatic combat

For weapon ranges
Engage = melee range (aka adjacent square, etc.)
Short = Several meters (in same room or small buildings)
Medium = several dozen meters

Everything in cantina will be short ranged unless you move to engaged range (costs 1 maneuver to move between engaged and short and costs 1 maneuver to move from short to another short position)

Right now, all Mandos have cover in the room (+1 setback to your perception/looking checks and +1 range defense)
Red circles = minion groups (A, B, C)
Red triangle = thug leader
Blue circles = Mandos

direct link for bigger map https://i.imgur.com/8MxCnJD.jpg

init: 1 Mando, Thugs, 2 Mandos

The voice lets out a hearty laugh. "I've heard stories about Mandos, but we have you outnumbered three to one. Why don't you give up, so the armor doesn't get damaged and we can all go about our ways."

With the thugs in positions around the cantina, the Mandalorians have an opportunity to strike first.
Mandos = all have cover, +1 setback to perception checks vs thugs, +1 range defense

Minion Group A = have cover
Minion Group B = have cover
Minion Group C = have cover

Leader = has "home turf" ability = he and all minions automatic 1 adv/rd if they are within short range of him
Resyr
16 wound threshold, 14 strain threshold

Lorn
15 wound threshold, 13 strain threshold

Rayne
17 wound threshold, 14 strain threshold

Thug Leader
15 wound threshold

Thug Minion Group A
3 members, 15 wound threshold

Thug Minion Group B

Thug Minion Group C

Thug Leader -
15 wound threshold

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:23 pm

Rayne slips on her helmet and says to the others over the comms, "I say we make them come in and get us--have them walk through the door so we can take them out a few at a time."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:41 am

Hey, just checking to make sure I have the rules right and also probably needing to ask permission from the group.

-Since we can swap initiatives, I was considering going first so I can use my quick strike ability to juice up my shot and, if my read on the dice pool is correct, have a fair chance of blasting the gang leader to Kingdom Come. My proposed turn would be:
+manuever (Aim)
+action (Shoot the Gang Leader (2 Prof. dice, 1 Abil. die, 2 Boost dice)
+spend 1 strain to fall back
If I'm not mistaken, the leader is the only one not in cover, and if things go well, dropping him first might take some of the fight out of them (plus no turf bonus)

Is my read on how this works correct? Also, is everyone cool with me going first?

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:37 pm

That is correct. You would need to go first, if you wanted to use Quick Strike (you'd lose that boost if you went after the enemies) I'd propose the following:

+1 maneuver (Aim)
+1 action (Shoot the Gang Leader (2 Prof. dice, 1 Ability die, 2 Boost dice)
+ spend 1 strain as a maneuver to "take cover"

Difficulty: 1 Difficulty (purple) Short range + any defenses

Adv spending: (these are examples, you can pick whatever is avail in "Personal Combat" and "Urban Combat" (inside buildings))
If 1, then pass boost to next Mando
If 2, then give target a setback (or knock out lights, if Mandos has night vision goggles etc)
If 3, then target drops weapon
If triumph, target drops weapon

Damage to target: 7 + successes - soak

My understanding of "cover" is that you exit cover (to shoot or whatnot) then you need to re-enter cover. You could also use that maneuver as a 'move' action to move to engage a group (if you engage any minion group, then that's the whole group -- minions are groups but roll/act as a single enemy)

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:07 pm

I'm good with you taking that action Bohemond.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:24 pm

Go for it :)