Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Rayne coercion vs gang leader's discipline (2 green converts to 2 purple)

skill 2y 1g
diff 2p
extra: 1 boost from having defeated them and having him tied up and helpless
total: yy g b pp
result: 3 advantages, but no successes

However, you can spend 2 advantages to affect unexpected subjects (e.g. bystanders and others not directly involved in the scene, aka someone in cantina).
The gang leader looks up at the Mandalorian and says, "Mando armor is worth a lot. Everybody knows that." He doesn't open up to the Mandalorian and states the obvious response to Rayne's inquiry.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Yeah, I'd like to spend the two advantages to have someone in the cantina with a grudge against the gang leader share information with us, such as who they were going to sell the armor to or if this is something they've done before.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:53 pm

As the Mandalorians quest the gang leader, the bartender waves his hand indicating for them to approach the bar. Once there, the bartender says, "Those ruffians cause nothing but trouble. They probably just wanted to sell that armor of yours."

He then leans in a bit to inspect the armor. "Ha!" he exclaims, "That's not even beskar. That armor would fetch a decent price. Those fools probably heard the stories about Mandalorian armors being made with beskar and thought all Mandalorians wore beskar. The Warren is full of idiots."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:35 pm

Rayne says, "Thanks. You wouldn't happen to know if there's been any other suits sold around here lately." She glances back at the thug and asks softly, so he can't hear, "What do you want us to do with him once we're done interrogating him? Is there a marshall's office we can drop him off at? I don't kill unless I have to, but I don't think any of us want this fool wandering around. Considering the dumb stunt he just pulled, he's probably safer from himself in the clink anyway."

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:31 pm

Resyr looks down at the rather pathetic figure of the gang leader in the chair. Nonchalantly taking out his vibroknife, he remarks "Considering he no longer has his blaster, it's not like he'll need a trigger finger," in a casual tone. The Mandalorian doesn't expect it will come to that, but he wants to make sure any thoughts about getting even are permanently dismissed from the criminal's mind.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:51 pm

The bartender replies to Rayne, "Just throw'em outside. At least they pay their tabs." As he puts away some glasses, he turns back and answers, "I haven't seen any Mandos in these parts since I was a lad. I had heard the Empire wiped out the entire planet years back. I wasn't sure if I'd ever seen another Mando or not."

Meanwhile in the backroom, the gang leader looks back up to Resyr. He doesn't say anything, as his steely gaze is reflected back at him on Resyr's helmet.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:58 pm

Rayne shrugs and says, "Alright." She is surprised the bartender is so nonchalant about someone who started a firefight in his bar, something that can't be good for business.

She heads back into the room where they have the gang leader tied up. She pats him on the head, then leans in close to him again. "So, did you have a buyer in mind to sell our armor to? And have you traded in any other suits of Mandalorian armor lately?"
Willpower 3/ Coercion 2

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:34 pm

The gang leader attempts to negotation, "I'll answer one question and then you'll let me go?" Glancing around the room, he says, "A Rodian in the Belt. Zrenzo Wasnti." The Mandalorians recognize the name, Zrenzo Wasnti, as the fence Lassa informed them about.
Already tried the intimation check on him, I feel it hasn't been long enough between that last check on him for a new roll

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:34 pm

Rayne glances at the others. She doesn't think they're likely to get more information out of the thug and it's a useful piece of information, but she wants to give the others a chance to try their own methods to pry information from him.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:49 pm

"If you're asking me all silent and broody-like what we should do with him, we could always take him up space the sleemo," Lorne offers.

He waits a pair of heartbeats to let the (empty) threat hang and then shakes his head. "Bah, let him go. His friends already paid for his bad decision with their lives, and I have a feeling he may have learned his lesson about tangling with us."