Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Realizing they would never be able to control Mandalore and wanting to make sure no other faction did, the Empire launched the so-called "Great Purge" against the Mandalorians. Some attempted to fight the Imperial effort, but the purge nevertheless led to the near-total genocide of the Mandalorian people. Some Mandalorians, survived the Purge and fled Mandalore, though they scattered across the galaxy.
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter 1: A Mandalorian Never Forgets

Post by Muskrat » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:17 pm

Rayne nods and turns back to the thug, "Given what happened to your men, I wouldn't say this is your lucky day, but it could have been a lot worse for you. Not all Mandalorians are bleeding hearts like we are. Be glad you're getting out of here with your life--and warn your friends and allies what happens when you try to take on Mandalorians." She kicks the chair out from under him so he falls to the ground as one last warning.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:34 pm

With the gang leader interrogated and released, the Mandalorians prepare to depart the cantina to continue their investigation and follow their leads. Standing near the cantina's door, they now must decide which lead to follow and direction to proceed.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:55 pm

Rayne says to the others, "Well, I'd say our next stop is talking to Zrenzo Wasnti. Should we also pick up some slicer gear and check out CrimsonNet as well?"

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:39 am

"Sounds like a plan," Resyr replies. He then queries his comrades. "About that slicer tech. Is anyone actually trained to a decent level at cracking electronic security systems?" The Mandalorian feels exposed. There was a chance that there would be eyes on the team for taking the offer, but having just decimated a gang in a port district bar, who knows what attention they might bring down on themselves.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:15 pm

The Mandalorians brush off the carbon scoring from blaster fire and make their way to the "Belt" district. The district is at the edge of the starport, so it's a close walk from the cantina.

As you enter the import shop, you ore greeted by a soft chime and a pleasant gust of environmentally conditioned air scented by exotic goods. The shop's shelves and counters are spotless, well organized, and stocked with a wide selection of luxury goods, trinkets, and unidentifiable knickknacks from all over the galaxy.

A short, olive-skinned Rodian with red-gold eyes sitting behind a polished metal counter raises his gaze from a datapad and briefly sizes you up. His face suddenly lights up with a welcoming smile. "Greetings, my friends," he says in thickly-accented Basic. "What can Krezo do for you on this fine Saleucami day?"

As if on cue, an ASP-series labor droid stomps though a pair of double doors and into the showroom,
its servos grinding. It stops and stands motionless, seemingly waiting for a command from its master.

Streetwise checks
Diff 2 purple

Resyr skill = 3g = 1 success
Rayne skill = 2g = 1 success
Lorn skill = 1y 1g = 2 adv

Resyr and Rayne notice that Krezo is made visibly nervous by their presence and obvious firepower.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:39 pm

Rayne leans forward, so her masked face is close to Krezo's. "We hear that your the man to see about doing trade underneath the table. We have a few questions about your recent transactions--just to see if you someone we want to do business with ourselves. Now, you wouldn't happen to have traded in armor like ours recently, would you have?"
Presence 3/Coercion 2

And since this seems like our best lead, I'll spend 1 Strain to activate Intimidating 1 to reduce the difficulty level by 1.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Mon May 03, 2021 4:44 am

"I'm okay with computers," Lorne offers when Resyr asks about slicing. "I could slice some basic systems, but something high security is going to be above my skill level."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon May 03, 2021 7:20 pm

The Rodian shifts in his seat uncomfortably as he glances around the room. In desperation, he utters "Koochoo, bata kap da wanga" and immediately darts through a well placed door behind his previous position.

The code phase activates the the ASP-series labor droid defensive measures--surely something a fence might have in situations where he knows he's out gunned and in over his head. The droid, which outside of its reinforced manipulators, isn't designed for combat might only provide Krezo a few moments before being destroyed, but it's the chance the Rodian gladly takes in hopes he can escape into the streets and seek refuge elsewhere.
Roll - Vigilance - surprised

Droid = 1 green = 1 success
Rayne = 2 yellow 1 green = 2 success
Resyr = 2 green = 1 success
Lorn = 2 green = all canceled out

Init: Mando 1, Mando 2, Droid, Mando 3

http://swa.stoogoff.com/#koochoo-asp-series-labor-droid
Init: Mando 1, Mando 2, Droid, Mando 3

The ASP-Series Labro Droid designated Koochoo is slow to react, but it's clear to the Mandalorians that Krenzo is using the droid to escape out the back door. They'll need to make quick work to catch the fleeing rodian.

Bohemond
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Scout

Post by Bohemond » Tue May 04, 2021 1:16 am

Without a moment's hesitancy, Resyr draws his blaster and fire on the droid. "Someone makes sure the bastard doesn't escape out the back," he says to his comrades, his voice nonchalant.
Manuveur: Draw weapon
Action: Attack Droid with Quick Strike

I'm presuming I'm in close range with the droid. Otherwise, let me know.

Othniel
Level 12
Level 12
User Class: Wanderer

Post by Othniel » Tue May 04, 2021 5:06 am

"I'll get him!" Lorne shouts, moving to follow their quarry.
I'd like to see about following Krenzo.